Loading error.

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by exewon, Mar 10, 2010.

1. When I tried to log on today I got the error:Loading failed this may indicate missing or corrupt client data.

Now what do I need to do. reinstal the entire game?

2. Start the client loader, in the upper left corner there should be a File menu option - open it and select "Repair installation".

I have never tested it, so no idea if it indeed works, but it will check the integrity of the used game files and redownload the corrupt files.

At least it claims to be able to do so :D

Feedback would be welcome, good luck with trying it! :)

3. it worked thanks for the quick advixe

4. Thanks for the confirmation, glad you got it working :)

I hope this newly added repair thingie will remove all the update problems in the future - they should maybe completely switch to this mechanism and drop the vpatch bit (i.e. by checking file integrity in 1 MB chunks or something, instead of redownloading the entire file)...

MA, if you read this:
    You know who to give the next ATH for this idea, ty :biggrin:

5. Works quite fine, tho I am sure players need to try to logg in many times till it works, especially gamers with mobile wireless connections. Good work MA ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.