Life, the Universe and Everything can continue

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, May 22, 2018.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Next job is still this mystic gearbox.
    upload_2018-9-1_22-49-4.png
    Tricky part are the clutches. The violet parts. I made a test:
    upload_2018-9-1_22-56-51.png
    It works pretty good.
    upload_2018-9-1_22-57-57.png

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, the most tricky parts are the clutchs.
    upload_2018-9-11_23-8-20.png
    They must be operable from outside. Very tricky! I have just a vague idea how to run them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  4. narfi

narfi Lost

If the center plate of the clutches (the part without the teeth) extends out further, then you could push/pull on that lip right? need some sort of protection from friction maybe, Im not sure.....

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

At least at the right clutch will be in a rotating housing. So no, I have to actuate the clutch along the centre shaft from outside.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

For now I'm very happy with my bronze painted tablet stand and decided to print Tyrion Lannister again. At 1:3 this time while I run the design of the gearbox. Since Peter Dinklage is 1350 mm tall the statue will be ~460 mm tall. I just asked another freelancer for a model of my other hero from Game Of Thrones: Arya Stark. I will get it around end of November.

7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

And I still sit and watch my printer making things I want. It's way more exciting than playing games or watching movies.

upload_2018-9-14_3-56-2.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tyrion a great character Jamira but please can you make...

“Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name
    Daenerys Stormborn
    Dany
    The Unburnt
    The Breaker of Chains
    The Mother of Dragons
    Mhysa
    The Queen Across the Sea
    The Silver Queen
    The Dragon Queen
    The Princess That Was Promised

(or Daenerys for short)?

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

LOL!
    She is really not my favorite but I like her too. I bought the 3D-model of a bust of her once:
    upload_2018-9-15_1-55-8.png
    Wasn't easy to print because of her curls and doesn't look very good. Probably because it's too small:
    upload_2018-9-15_2-8-42.png
    I think Arya will win at the end of season eight. So I don't care much for Daenerys Stormborn.
    I love Arya because she is the biggest badass in this story.
    upload_2018-9-15_2-30-23.png
    I love Tyrion because he is a great character. He bonks and drinks through Westeros and Essos and has a rational sight of the world he lives in. I wonder when they'll meet each other.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Ahhhrg! It's really fun!
    upload_2018-9-16_2-22-50.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Done!
    upload_2018-9-18_17-11-14.png upload_2018-9-18_17-12-3.png
    All costs including my work time 320 Euro. 470 mm, 633 g, 67 h print time. Next will be Arya at the end of the year. She will be a bit taller. Something at 530 mm I estimate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Your house will be a museum soon ! Absolutely love it :'D

p.s.
    had any time again to look at the last vehicle I sent you ?

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I would love to run a museum ;-)

Regarding your vehicle: I am so lazy and didn't much on it. The Italian feeling at the loggia at warm summer evenings even with red wine and pasta ... Additional my SolidWorks license expired and I have to start from scratch again with Rhino. But: Winter is coming. Beside Arya I will do a lot of old projects when dark and cold November nights will come. I still try to make this mysterious gearbox, OZtwo should be finished and Tass asked for this "Lovestick". So yes, I will take care for your vehicle as well. Tricky part is: When you are a retiree everything slows down and lose importance. Deeply relaxed. I have a sign at my shelf:
    'nen Scheiß muss ich!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hey now, we don't need to know what Tass does in his spare time :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Slowly the gearbox becomes serious. A really big problem are the different housings. Because of all the bearings. In the end I'll need a stand for the whole machine including stands for all single sections, for an engine and two gauges of rotation speed. Additional everything must be printable and mountable. Not to speak of the shiftable clutches. Puhhh ....
    upload_2018-9-19_21-46-28.png

16. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

LOL! Found an old account of a really nice desktop app: www.iStripper.com
    This cumbers the normal work essentially:
    upload_2018-9-19_22-53-12.png

17. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Now I asked Guerilla Games for a 3D-model of Aloy from "Horizon Zero Dawn". Not much hope they will give it to me. Alas, I just try it.
    upload_2018-9-23_2-55-22.png upload_2018-9-23_2-57-17.png
    I would make a 50 or 60 cm figure. I really love her.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Cool character - I hope they are feeling sensible and just sort you out.

19. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

The coolest part of "Horizon Zero Dawn" is the story. And Guerilla Games implemented a lot of good character and face animations and really good cut scenes. I love it very much to play Aloy again after more than one year.
    Me and my wife use a standard share of our TV: I can play from morning until early evening (12:00-20:00), later she watches TV (20:00-00:00). After that I'm free to continue to play or watch movies. Today I asked her for an exception because it was the end of the main story of "Horizon" and I couldn't stop playing and watching it. It was way better than a movie and still breathtaking although I knew the end already. "Horizon" is definately the number two of my supah-dupah games after "Skyrim". And there is nothing in sight so far to capture rank three.
    "Horizon Zero Dawn" alone was worth it to buy the PS4 Pro. A game in 4k running smooth on a 65" TV. So yes, would be cool to own a figure of that hero. Just to extend "The Museum" ;-)
    But first of all I want Arya Stark, the badass from GoT! Probably next year I can spend further $250 for a figure of Aloy ...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That is quite a review!! I'll bump it up my list! Story games FTW!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.