Life, the Universe and Everything can continue

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, May 22, 2018.

1. Here is the model Jamira provided to me :

redfury test 2.jpg

The wheels look excellent already...just 1.5 more hours :

redfury test 2a.jpg

For now its mesmerizing to watch it printing...but the fans...jesus....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cant wait for the next experiment :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Its alive !

Next, sanding & coloring ! (and figuring out how to attach the wheels properly) ^^

redfury test 2b.jpg

• Gratz Gratz x 2
  3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Congratulations!
    Don't put to much effort into this. It was just a raw layout. You will get a better one. Unfortunately not in November. I had and have to print too much avatars. Last one is currently theProphet's Lotusblume.

"figuring out how to attach the wheels properly" ... that's the tricky part: Make models wich can be printed in good quality and are easy to assemble :-)

Filling rate is way too high btw.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. thanks jamira for all the nice chitchat & 3D printing insights :loveshower:

and for the shipment in advance :bowdown:

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

LOL! Have to print the parts first ;-) Will take a while ...
    upload_2018-12-2_21-46-20.png

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, life can be pretty hard meanwhile without smartphone and creditcard. Yesterday I read a report about 3DXchat at Spiegelonline and thought by myself: Let's have a look for it.
    https://3dxchat.com/
    But I couldn't make an account without a creditcard. No Paypal? Really?
    Really! Too sad ...
    So I can save that 20 Euro for one month membership for other projects :-)

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

uh some warning about that link would have been appreciated Jamira... I was eating.

(thankfully wasn't at work)
    :openmouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Forgive an old man please. I'm just interested in such 3D issues. Especially because 3dxchat offers VR with Oculus Rift. Was the point to think about to buy one. Alas, I don't own a credit card to make an account there ...

At the other hand, what does it mean "I was eating"? In the past my wife and I had no problems to combine breakfast and sex. Eat, drink, listen to good music and fuck. Sounds pretty good to me. Although this is definitively over meanwhile. *rolleyes*

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. narfi

narfi Lost

Mail arrived today.....

Even after seeing the pictures I was surprised at how huge it is. It towers over the roll of paper towels I put in the picture for scale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife likes it grey, I had been thinking to paint it full color, but she is afraid it would be to easy to mess up... Jamira has done some in all bronze, what's the best approach?

10. i was at work and i closed it in like 0.1 seconds lol

:openmouth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. narfi

narfi Lost

Pictures didnt work above, sorry.... here is a second try.

unlight.jpg light.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Gratz Gratz x 1
  12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It was more... well put it this way, if I'd been drinking milk, it would have probably come out of my nose ;)

But indeed same reason I clicked it. I wondered if it was a competitor to VRchat. I've seen a few videos of VR chat. It looks bonkers and slightly reminds me a bit of the anime Lain (the bit where people have various bizarre avatars to represent themselves in the Wired and someone comments Lain is impressive because she has a human avatar... or something like that).

I actually tried VR chat but it was a nightmare on my PC. Crazy laggy and jumpy... I couldn't handle it for long (and nor could my PC really).

Maybe you should try VRchat? I think it is free - ah but I think you need PC VR though?

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, my bronze figures are a result from three reasons:
    1. I am very lazy
    2. I am impatient
    3. my shaky hands (alcohole ...)
    A bronze or stone figure is the most easy way. A full colored figure needs way more filling and sanding (for a better surface), small brushes and a lot of different colors. And last but not least some experiance. At the other hand: We grow with our chellanges, don't we?

14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I had a look at some videos:
    upload_2018-12-5_1-5-32.png
    I must say: "What is it good for? No thank you. I don't want such a bullshit. Sorry."

To explain it again:
    I didn't search for such offers. I stumbled about it whille reading http://www.spiegel.de/. The point was, that some portals are unavailable for me because I neither own a smartphone nor a credit card.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

haha yeh that pic just about sums up VR chat. It's total chaos and defo NOT for those wanting a polished or pretty experience. I had another look at the other thing. Bonking theme aside, that actually has some nice graphics. I looked it up and people thought maybe it was unreal engine. I wonder how that thing has evolved/will evolve in future. I see it's stuck about 5 years. I can imagine with such nice graphics and landscrapes etc other game play might well appear. I could almost imagine it just evolving into any other MMO (but with bonking allowed).

Wistrel

16. San

San

As a sidenote, I don't quite understand how someone can justify surfing whatever websites while at work and then expect the creator or contributors of that site to keep its content "safe" in case someone catches you. In my book, the risk is entirely on you when you decide to stray. Carry on. :)

17. BOSS KEY ftw ! x'D

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Shots fired! :O

1. Not a case of "catching". Definitely not if you never intended to visit such a site in the first place. I would say I was as equally perturbed as anyone who may have been watching.

2. Historically no one who posts on here has ever linked anything "dodge" without making some comment (or it being obvious from context/topic). Indeed one should make judgement calls about the sites they visit but that judgement has to be based on something, else no one would ever even visit a news site for example during their lunch break.

In short, try and understand better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. narfi

narfi Lost

Going off topic some, but it is an interesting thought process.
    Expanding on the above post,
    There is a not insignificant portion of the internet using population that feel this way. They may or may not be prudes, but they do wish to keep sexual content off their screens either all the time or at certain locations or at certain times.
    There can be many reasons for this, but examining the reasons isnt beneficial, just understanding that it is a not insignificant portion of the population is important.

Understanding that,
    Would you sneak bacon into your Jewish friends meal?
    Would you roast a pig beautifully with an apple in its mouth and have it displayed in the center of your table specifically for when your vegan friend comes over?

The beauty of this and many forums is the diversity of ages, cultures, and backgrounds of people interacting over a common interest.
    We are all different and I love it, I can learn so much more of the world than through the focused lenses of tv.
    It is a great thing, but common courtesy demands we also respect those differences.

I feel this guy says it better than I ever could,

• Like Like x 2
  20. San

San

I did the same thing to you before, inadvertently and on this same forum, and you were at work. Well. I can appreciate diversity just as much, but I disagree with reversing responsibility because of it. At the extreme end, one always has to remind that there is a basic human right to free expression, but no basic human right to not get offended. We forget that all too often in today's climate of hypermorality and political correctness. How something is perceived is entirely in the eye of the beholder, not the creator's burden to consider every possible sensitivity of their diverse audiences. Of course there is potential for abuse like with everything, but that doesn't invalidate the premise. It's just as malicious in the argumentation and easily detected once you've familiarized yourself with the standard toolbox: http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.