Land Grab 2006 22 Feb 2006

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by itto, Feb 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Beginning on the 22nd of February, the first of several phases of the 2006 Land Grab will commence. The Land Grab means that a society can battle for dominance over a taxable land area. Once secured, the tax revenue of the land area will belong to the society for the next six months. All society members at the time of a successful Land Grab are entitled to a share of the tax collected.
    Final Land Grab Results (Phase One)
    • LA1: Menace to Society
    • LA2: Riga Team
    • LA3: Warants
    • LA9: Calypso Conquerors
    • LA11: Shaolin
    • LA14: Dark Knights
    • LA15: Black Angels HQ
    Phase two will commence Saturday 25th, 21:00 UTC

2. Phase two

Phase two will commence Saturday 25th, 21:00 UTC
    Land Grab Areas (Phase Two)
    • LA4
    • LA5
    • LA8
    • LA10
    • LA16
    • LA17

3. Results Phase 2

Land Grab Areas (Phase Two, Feb 25th)
    • LA4: BlackAngels HQ
    • LA5: Riga Team
    • LA8: Riga Team
    • LA10: Dark Knights
    • LA16: Elite Group
    • LA17: Calypso Conquerors Cadets

4. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

client load screen news

Interesting Land grab news from the client loader screen today:

" Report from the Land grab event 27 Feb 2006The disturbances in the claiming process that some societies experienced during the second phase of the Land Grab have been investigated. Our detailed logs and records show that a certain number of Project Entropia participants were using forbidden third-party software, commonly known as "auto-clickers". The use of such software is against the Project Entropia Conditions of Use and is an offence that could result in a permanent lockout from the virtual universe. The auto-clickers were set to click on the "Claim" button over 50 times per second! This caused a massive load on the claim handling system. This system is not designed for this kind of extensive abuse and as the usage of third-party software is forbidden, the situation should not have arisen in the first place. These violations managed to disrupt an entertaining and exciting event for other participants.
    While an innocent society were involved in a claim battle with an individual using the auto-clicker software, they risked becoming "infected", as the stress from the extensive clicking caused a conflict as to which claiming state a society was currently in. We have found (based on the logs) that five societies were affected by this:
    • Amethera Demons
    • Calypso Conquerors
    • cK (Coat Killers)
    • Shaolin
    • Warants
    We here at MindArk are very sorry about the situation that arose and are as frustrated as the affected participants. We believe that even though the damage was done by other participants, those affected should receive something for their frustration. Therefore we will randomly distribute six previously unclaimed Land Grab areas to the affected societies, for them to control for the next six months. The cK society were affected during phase one as well, and have therefore been awarded two Land Grab areas. The Land Grab system will be revised and upgraded for the next Land Grab, so it will not be affected by, for example, auto-clickers being used on the claim rod. "

5. interesting :lol:
    Autoclickers !?

well now lets see, how many landareas were up for grabs?
    I dont know but lets just assume 10 (more likely less) and how many guys can a soc asign to autoclick while fighting? Well i dont kow that either but lets assume 10 (more likely way less)
    So how many clicks doses 10 players generate on 10 Claimrods if they click every 50 sec ?

welll the answer is 100 clicks every 50 secs

now lets be honest, how many clicks does the crafters generate (as a comunity) generate every minute? Well a normal rate is 1 click every 5-6 sec that gives us like 10-12 clicks every minute per crafter!

Does MA say that the LG system is design for less stress then 10 crafters generate in their daily production ? :^o

Well if it is; MA call me i will do the work to update your systems Probono

6. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

MA Credibility

I missed an uber mining ATH because someone in the game was auto clicking a substantial oil deposit on the other side of the continent. I want full compensation. I want the ATH and a years supply of bombs and probes.

Do you think I will get it?? You bet your sweet behind I won't.

When we get killed by a mob because our equipment will not change fast enough, is it because someone is auto clicking basic filters??

Give us a break MA. Your credibility has gone down the drain. Stand up and take responsibility for the lack of testing, lack of proper support and a general inability to run this game properly. If you do not gain back the trust of your players then this game is doomed.

This is my humble opinion and now i will go and wait for the e-mail giving me my ATH :-D

BTW I do not support the use of auto clicker. I personally do not think that this was the problem. MA had to blame something.

• Like Like x 2
  7. autoclicks ones in 50 secs??? hmm i got impression that is was 50 times in 1 sec...but maybe i got it wrong. i have no idea how lg claiming works.

8. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

9. I've already forgot where, but I read that the land claim and construction worked differently. While construction machines are made to handle frequent clicks, the land claims were not. After somebody used the auto-clicker on it, it would take time to work itself out but people kept using the auto-clickers so the never reset properly.

Why one society could claim while others couldn't is a mystery to me.

Seems that MA is giving out the remaining Land Areas so they wont have to showcase their bad programming skills in Phase 3.

10. OK i missread
    I thought it was 1 click every 50 sec

But i have never heard of a autoclicker that can click that fast
    I thought 10 clicks per sec was the fatest a clicker could click (and that is very fast)
    So from what i know, if you wanna click faster, you need to use some other tools
    And even if ou did manage to click as fast as 50 times a sec, what would be the purpose of that accept sabotage?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.