Kim|Calypso Interview with DJ Bonnie 2013!

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Alainax, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

The new spacehips populating Calypso skies since the latest robots wars, are they supposed to be added as regular vehicles to the game sometime? Calypso vehicles or shared all universe vehicles?

Same question for the destroyer and cruiser from this concept art:

[​IMG]

2. Some really great questions thank you everyone who submitted them, just a few hours to go now till its time for the interview!

3. Great SHOW!!!!!:loveshower:

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Audio files or it didn't happen!

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

OK did he actually say anything punchy? or was it the usual platitudes, non commitment, vague dates and so forth?

6. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

lemme think,
    • 64bit client
    • no fishing anytime soon
    • no taming anytime soon
    • new HUGE instance near/under the crater this summer
    • overhaul of the chat window, going to combine a lot of stuff into one 'app'
    • Kim think the new avatar system should not have been released yet because of the bugs
    • All suggestions send via support end up on an internal forum for all to read
    • 28% more active players on Caly since January
    Thats about it

Oh and I have recorded the interview as well, but I don't wanna upload it and be in the way of the AHR crew.

7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

The 64 bit client will be nice as it should boost performance for those running 64 bit OS's.
    The Ava update I think could have went better for sure, but overall, except clothes, it wasn't too bad.
    New instance.... I think could wait, instead concentrate more in the bug department. Maybe get things running smoother first, and redo some long forgotten places like minopolis etc... Just my opinion of course. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

hmm.... I wonder about the 64 bit client... and performance will have to ask my Crytek friends about that.

As for avas interesting insight. But bugs??? what bugs? I didn't see any bugs...

bug4d.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Ms Bonnie forwarded me the MP3 of the interview she did with Kim from Calypso on Tuesday, April 30th and I converted it to a podcast and published it at MSM - it comes complete with her intro music which may have prevented some from watching and listening to the YouTube video she posted because of UMG content.

Thank you Ms Bonnie for taking the time to do this for the community.

http://mindstarmedia.com/atlas-haven-radio/interview-kim-calypso-43013/

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, added to post#1 and then also here:

11. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

while your at it, can you ask them to add support for direct X 11 as well. :biggrin:

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I could... I get the feeling I might get a small essay in response though. My friend is a bit like that ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Butch C

Butch C Tamer (FU MA)

Kim is a bullshit artist, one minute he cant say anything about taming as its an MA thing then all of a sudden he can tell us it's just there on paper even though over the years many have stated its under development :) shit that means if i write down the cure for cancer on paper it's then under development and i can lie to people and get funds etc etc.

So next thing is this, as i and many others have over 50 lvls of taming which basically do nothing i think we should be allowed to swap our skills for something else of the same value as taming skills were at their peak, that to me is the only way i see myself playing and depositing ever again in this game which i stopped doing 2 years ago due to the way we have been treated but i guess losing 17 thousand AU dollars a year isn't a concern to them obviously.

And to all those people who think tamers complain and whine that taming has been missing for 4 years i say this.. today taming but what area is next? will it be your most enjoyable profession? If you all sit down and give no support to tamers then your just giving MA the ability to kill off anything they like without any backlash and i guess i don't just lie down and take shit thrown at me.

I crafted heaps, i hunted shitloads i did everything in the game you can do and enjoyed it but i won't be treated like a piece of shit by anyone least of all Mindark. If their wish is to turn players into billboards of bad PR for the game then they are doing a splendid job.

I read the other forums where people who have no idea about taming somehow seem to think they can explain taming :) morons... they should possibly do some homework before sprouting off so much dribble. Never do they include the promised stage 2 (coming soon apparently.... 10 years later still not here) and never do they include the bullshit Marco fed tamers to spur us along.

Then some say it was for bragging rights or to show off :) just shows how much they actually know, what the hell is there to brag about? or show off about? and the only time i ever used a pet as adverts was for WoF and sometimes recruiting for the soc in sweat camp so please forgive me for ruining your lives ffs.

and to slither well i read your post and all i can say is FU.

And to everyone else thanks so much for your support its been awe inspiring and im so glad im part of this community who sticks up for each other. (and if you believe that i have a bridge in Sydney harbour in selling cheap.)

• Hussked Hussked x 2
  14. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I really don't blame you Butch for being so pissed off, nor any of the others who spent so much time and PEDs skilling, it's an incredible shame.

I also think that you should be given the opportunity to swap your taming skills for something else if that's what you want to do, rather than waiting till who knows when that taming might come around again.

I too don't understand how others can be so rude and callous about the losses that tamers have incurred, nor wanting to know at least some truth as to whether taming will ever be back, rather than continually being given estimations with nothing happening except further delays.

Bottom-line ... you all made investments with a belief that taming would be new and exciting, and I just don't get how MindArk can be so nonchalant about this.

Will be interesting to see where it all goes from here.

I wish you the best.

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'm guessing they actually have no idea of how/inspiration to implement a successful and enjoyable taming system, and therefore it's being postponed, apparently indefinitely.

16. But they did a spectacular Atrox-Egg ending and the whole community was involv...*yawn*...back then these hollow promises and meaningless mini-updates felt jaw-dropping to me as well...so, np.

17. 15:39

A change canceled....because MindArk did not approve...because it was too different from the original design...

The original design ? Seriously, you guys fail to retain identity on this game since 2009...

Id like to SEE Kim on stage, lets say as Steve Ballmer. Rousing speech, im sure.

"I cant discuss this, canceled, in progress, canceled, only exists on paper, I cant give ETAs, I cant discuss that, no news here, no news there..."

I want Marco back. He made hollow-promises sound like wonders...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

: D

(me too...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.