January 31st Content Release

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Meg, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

2. As we know, these delays happen, and with a system as large as EU it's not really surprising. I am, however, looking forward to what the release brings.

btw Meg, I can't access the post about this on the Next Island News, on the front page. I get an error saying I don't have permission to access that page.

3. I can not WAIT for the VU tonight!! It will Happen!! IT WILL!!

4. It has happened and things are quite different. New Crystal Center on the coast, East of where Crystal Bay used to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my first thought was - this is ugly. But it grows on you, I suppose.

The old Crystal Center still has the two tent-like buildings, but one is empty and the other just has the basic NPC's and machines, and the TP has gone. The quest NPC's - Arthur, Samuel, Fydor are at the new site.

I suppose it is in fitting with a first base arrival settlement. I think everyone has to go there and make up their own mind.

Oh and I notice there's an achievment you get for finding the Papoo Village.

5. Did Chug move to Next Island? ;)

Still downloading right now...

6. Meg

7. nothing new for ancient greece though, and what are we meant to craft to loot the sword bp , seems that only 2 bps we can craft or TT crystals. or are the sword bp in a quest, the shades require 30 odd preterium, how do we gain more praterium (mine it?) , there are many holes in the VU, especially the praterium required for the shades ...hmm

8. That looks fucking horrendous! :(

9. judging by the way things are going...... this is where Cyrene will sit... right?

10. Heading over to NI now. Let's hope the content is there SOMEWHERE.... woulnd't mind a discovery seeings I don't have the PEDs to get a hunting HoF this time around. :)

Menace

11. It's a bit like the eleventyfirst update of the swamp camp. Disimproving, losing more and more of the original flair.

The Elysians seem to be pretty high-tech. The wooden shacks are the slums of Crystal Center now?

What I like is the introduction of the professions to new arrivals and the mini-quests. Oh, and the new TPs, where you can't get stuck anymmore.

The tiny terminal serives container at Crystal Center is an epic fail, though.

12. It's like the eleventyfirst update of the Swamp Camp. Disimproving, losing more and more of the original flair.

The Elysians seem to be pretty high-tech. The wooden shacks are the slums of Crystal Center now? :>

What I like are the mini-quests introducing the professions to new arrivals. Oh and the new TPs where you can't get stuck anymore.

The tiny terminal serivces container is an epic fail, though.

13. Not perfect, but has to be the best update so far. That's two good updates in a row, good job Meg, a few more updates like this and NI will be looking very good indeed.

14. Meg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.