Issues with Gold Card Re-Sync Screen looping (New re-sync UI?)

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Wistrel, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

My GC glitched while logging in just now and the codes got out of sync with the servers. Not an issue, had this before and just been asked to enter another code to get things synced up again. This time though, I got asked for 2 codes on one screen. I keep putting them in and it keeps going round and round again, no errors, nothing, just an apparently endless loop.

Gold Card Sync.jpg

Anyone had this before? Is it some sort of temporary lockout and things should work tomorrow or something?

Thanks for any advice on this

Cheers
    Wistrel

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Not had this myself. However, the two codes could be for gold card and two factor authentication.

edit:
    Saw the pic for this on pcf. Clearly both codes are for gold card, so ignore my comment above

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Spotted this on their web page... anyone ever done this before? And recently? Can I trust support not to mess it up or force me on to another system. Really don't want to use their phone app....

I can no longer log in since I have entered too many incorrect Security Codes

Due to security reasons, you only have three attempts before your Gold Card becomes unsynchronized with the verification system. You will then be asked to resynchronize the Card. By following the normal login process, a new window will appear that requests you to enter two consecutive Security Codes in order to resynchronize with the verification system.

If you fail to synchronize your Gold Card, please generate two consecutive Security Codes with your Gold Card and add these in a Support Case sent to the Entropia Support. Please do NOT generate any further codes until the support staff has confirmed that your Gold Card is synchronized.

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

The only other thing I can think of is that the reader is glitching and I'm missing 1 code somehow. If that's the case I can dismantle it and do the usual fix but honestly it seems to be working fine now.... the reader I mean... not the login.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Thought I'd post a follow up. Alas something of a sad ending for the poor Gold Card.

So live support chat, despite not being able to access my account (guessing these are the same people as the ones who man the official support avatars in game) said that proper support wouldn't be able to re-sync the Gold Card.

Following the suggestion from the website above though, I had a shot at sending them 2 GC codes but indeed they said they couldn't re-sync it. I had to send them photos of my ID so they could deactivate the Gold Card.

Before they did that, I had a stab at adding entropia pocket as someone had suggested it might sit "on top/instead of the GC". This wasn't possible though because I needed a GC code to work to access 2FA security settings. (note the pic is from item list but it was the same for 2FA security page).

item login GC fail.jpg

Once MA deactivated the GC. From there I wasn't able to re-activate it with a code (despite the option being available). They did warn me this wouldn't work though so fairs fair. Always one to test these things though.

can't reactivate GC.jpg

cannot reactivate error.jpg

So after that it was just a case of adding Entropia Pocket to the account. Not too bad a process, you just click that green button and scan the QR code using the pocket app. After that it sits there generating codes every 30 seconds or something.

Guessing the way this thing works is that the code is either sent to or from MA's servers and you need to enter it to login before the next one is generated. I was able to get back in game again using entropia pocket after that.

For interest's sake I checked Virtual Tycoon to see if that worked with Entropia Pocket. It did,... sorta. It started telling me I was already logged in. So I killed the app and reloaded it and this time it went in without credentials request.

So that's it... no more Gold Card. End of an era has finally come. I can't fault MA on this one. They gave us a lot of warning they wouldn't support it any more and it sounds more like they simply can't support it if it goes out of sync. There could be many reasons for this so there's no point in speculating.

So the moral of the story is, don't let your Gold Card get out of sync or you'll have to give it up. One way to avoid this might be to do the repair on it that I previously described on this forum that will keep it working properly/fix it if it is acting up. Just be extra careful not to get the card out of sync while you are testing the repair though, maybe if codes get generated, write them all down if you not immediately logging in and be sure to use them before generating any other codes.

Ah well.
    Wistrel

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Random extra thing. I was struggling to upload image files to the support case until I shrank them down a bit. MA didn't state there was a resolution restriction though just a file size one and I was well under that.

I got the following error until I reduced the image size down from 919x1266 to 643x886

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Another random extra one. I was having trouble signing in to the support portal at one point due to more internal server errors. Interestingly I was able to report this via the live chat and I think they restarted the server there an then. Useful to know they have the ability/access to do that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.