Planet Cyrene: Is Planet Cyrene now in the Top Secret Balancing Stage of release

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene' started by Agis, Dec 20, 2011.

1. We folks we have waited for this time , Ed Robles and staff were all talking and giving us updates up to end of October, now total blackout , why

No new screenshots,
    No new Facebook updates
    Cyrene Website Forum is not working

Maybe one of the reasons of delay is the problem with serious bugs currently in the Entropia Universe with current ingame systems and space problems, this may have delayed plans for Cyrene's release, cause space travel is suffering alot at the moment, with people getting stuck in space, not travelling to other planets. Now with space travel on hold by many players would be a bad time to release it and I think Ed might realise that.

Another reason is the all important top secret "Mindark Balancing" RCE, means converting the cyrene enivornment from Beta (non RCE) to Live (with RCE - ie. LOOT).

All new planets in the past have come under scrutiny from honchos at MA Balancing Department, Happened on Next Island & Rocktropia, Arkadia had a smooth release though however without the Treasure Hunting System that is most likely still on hitaus until Balancing passes it which is probably fustrating David, knowing that his primary Arkadia sellling point is still not available yet (Maybe blame MA Balancing, maybe just MA...who knows)

When they started the guessing contest they said its within 6 months of release , now getting near end of december that falls to 4 months..but holidays may be further delays so im not really seeing a January release rather in VU12.5 in February - so you guys who guessed February - March, I think your on the dot of release, With Holdiays i cant see it in January.

Blame MA for this delay I think, Im sure Ed is ready , but not the right time to go live with all these problems..maybe marketing hasn't given green light..maybe Cyrene are doing finishing touches... but we will see. Who knows Tulon might come first as its due early in 2012 which is an amazing feat if they hold to it.

Anyway only Ed and his team and MA know whats going on, im sure the total blackout on updates and screenshots for cyrene have a reason, I thought that a teaser might have been released at christmas - I was hoping for a trailer as a good promotional tool at christmas

Well we will leave that to Ed, hes the man ! cheers:)

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Oh have no doubt the Cyrene team is working on it - and the reason why it's a little silent well... Silence before storm ;)

Ed and Kris have just been on a trip to Sweden, but they are back now busy wrapping up a thing or two... I'm sure ;)

The website and forum is still been worked on, and will be released as soon as everything is ready ...

Before you know of it, you will get all the info you need and perhaps even more :dancinggirls:

Will it be before New Year or after ? January, February, May?

Time will tell :bigsmile:

3. :bandit::alcohol::beerchug: Is all I have to say about this.

Haha, just kidding. I just really love those emoticons.

We are in super crunch time is about all I can say. Though you are correct in it being too silent for too long. I will see what we can do about this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

To quote Runrig: "Beat the drum! Beat the drum!"

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I'm sure there is a conspiracy in there somewhere ...

<Looks at everyone suspiciously> :cautious:

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The red fox is IN the henhouse *rubs nose*

7. Ozi

Ozi Planet Arkadia - CEO

Like you guys I'm looking forward to seeing more of what the creative team at Cyrene have been working on. The concept art and modelling we've been seeing looks great. I know the frenzy of activity (and 4 hours sleep a night) we went through in the few months before launch so my thoughts are with the guys if that's the point they are at.

I also want to point out that the release of Treasure Hunting for Arkadia has been pushed back to allow for more content creation, not due to balancing issues. Although Treasure Hunting is an important system for Arkadia, we also have other priorities which have taken precedence - January will see the release of an overhauled new player experience, once that is in our focus switches towards Treasure Hunting development.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

LOL yeah those emoticons can be addictive!! :whistling: Can't wait to see the new pics, and if your planing on going live anytime soon, how about Dec. 26!! :sneaky: lol

I agree that the concept work on Cyrene looks very intriguing! :biggrin:

The treasure hunting aspect of Arkadia is going to be and excellent addition to the planet. Thus far I find Arkadia very well done. I can't say enough good things about it! In fact I was there right from the start and only left at the end of November to finish up some stuff on Caly. :thumbsup: I will be back there for sure! :wink:

What I like so far about all these planets is that it has all the great variety that people need and crave. I also like how the communication has increased 10 fold!! :thumbsup: I think it is very important to the servival of any planet!:yay:

Ty again for all the work and communitcation that you PP's have put in thus far! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I agree - communication is key! And I am also amazed about the great communication from some of the PP - some not even released yet :D So, I too want to say THANK YOU for that (but also thank you back to the community for being supportive, curious and patient) !

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im happy that 2 points (1 with David and 1 with Ed) have been addressed , balancing the teasure hunting part of mining i thought might have been the issue , but if there is more creation aspects to it , im all for it - I have many planets i support with my hunting and its hard to do all the planets, I try to dedicate to Next Island, Arkadia and Cyrene (when it comes) but i have a problem with obtaining the guns i want on those planets at my skill level its really tough finding guns for my level on other planets therefore less visiting unless i have a bankroll which is hard these days..thanks again for the answers cheers:)

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh it really is great the PP's communicate so much. For those of us who have been around a while now its really like offering a feast to a starving man. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.