Entropia Universe: Introducing PayPal for EU

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by RAZER, Jul 1, 2013.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Today Entropia Universe posted the following message on their Facebook page:

Seems we finally got the PayPal option for depositing.

Checked it out on the EU website and it indeed seems to be there

deposit.jpg

So far you have a 500 PED a month deposit limit.

deposit2.jpg

With a Transfer fee of 1.99 USD, which is a little more then the 3.5% you have with a credit card.

deposit3.jpg

There does not seem to be an option to withdraw with PayPal yet, but I'm sure that will happen 'soon'.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Cheers good research. I'm guessing the rate is a % not a fixed 1.99usd?

3. RAZER

yep

50 dollar is 1.99 fee
    25 dollar is 0.99 fee

so that's about 4%

• Like Like x 1
  4. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I must admit, I'm quite disappointed at this....A higher % charge than a CC and a limit of 500PED....quite pathetic tbh, but hopefully that will change. And one would expect that the Withdrawl aspect should be there too.

I was intending for the PayPal method to become my standard but looks like I'm going to have to remain using my CC instead.

5. ArkanGoth

ArkanGoth ArkanGoth

I think Paypal is the best option because is the less failed in transfer withdraw. With the transfer bank if fail any ever then we will pay a penalty.

6. paypal.jpg
    Since 2001 MindArk argued , that PayPal would never be an option, because of possible fraudulent activities.​
    12 years later...
    We are proud to announce, that paypal is now an option...​
    SEE SEE...​

• Funny Funny x 2

7. Strange - depositing $25 twice would cost 1.98 so a wacking 1c less than if you dep' $50 ;)

• Like Like x 1

8. Oh no he's trurning into a gnome

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Gothenburg, Sweden - July 17, 2013 /Entropia Universe/ - Entropia Universe AB, the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (or MMORCE) game, announced today that is has integrated Paypal, and its mobile side, Zong. These new methods of payment allow players to deposit money faster and more securely than ever before by using one of the most trusted and well-known payment providers in the world.

"Entropia Universe has a real cash economy; where players can deposit funds into their accounts and also withdraw them at any time," said David Simmonds, CEO of MindArk. "It is paramount to our team to continually provide our players with the most secure and convenient methods of payment. PayPal will allow them to deposit funds from any computer, while Zong allows them to directly purchase new items using their mobile phones. With over 400 million dollars spent in Entropia Universe annually, players can now engage in economic activities with even more peace of mind."

PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts or credit cards. With more than 123 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global commerce. PayPal is an eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) company. Paypal's mobile arm is Zong, the leading mobile payment platform for digital goods used by the top online gaming sites, virtual worlds, social games, and social networks. They are connected to over 230 mobile operators in over 40 countries, giving them the ability to transact with over 3.2 billion mobile consumers worldwide.

Entropia Universe is the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game in the world. Players have no monthly costs, but deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on any planet in the Entropia Universe. For more information on Entropia Universe or to download the free game please visit www.entropiauniverse.com.

About Entropia Universe AB

Entropia Universe is the largest Real Cash Economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Entropia Universe offers players the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on any virtual planet or in the real world. Entropia Universe uses a state of the art graphics engine to deliver the highest quality visuals in an MMO today.
    For more information on Entropia Universe please contact us at the email below or go to our website at www.entropiauniverse.com.

For further information, please contact:

Entropia Universe Media:
    David Tractenberg
    (310) 453-2050 x111
    david@tractionpr.com

Copyright © 2013 Entropia Universe AB. All Rights Reserved.

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

This:

That does not match the financial report, where they reported net sales of 46 mio SEK (or about 7 million USD). Prolly marketing speak, but still...

11. RAZER

I think that they mean money exchanged between players, think the 400 million number back in 2008 was that number as well.

12. narfi

narfi Lost

I think that is the age old confusion between depositing and cycling.

using those numbers (400m and 7m) if I deposited 70usd I would be expected to be able to cycle 40k ped with it.

(I cycle more for that much deposited, but lots of people cycle less, so its probably a semi-accurate estimate)

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'd still call it stretching the truth. It's not money "spent", really. The proof for that is that the same balance sheet shows MA lists the deposits as liquidity that can be either pulled out of the universe, or spent in it.

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Newsletter in my inbox a few days ago:​

[​IMG]

PayPal comes to Entropia Universe!

[​IMG] PayPal has long been requested by the Entropia Universe community. That comes as no surprise, as PayPal is one of the most well known and well trusted payment services.

PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid. The service allows you to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using account balances, bank accounts or credit cards. With 123 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies, PayPal enables global commerce.

Paypal’s mobile arm is Zong, the leading mobile payment platform for online gaming sites, virtual worlds, social games, and social networks. Zong is connected to 230 mobile operators in 40 countries and enables operators to transact with 3.2 billion mobile consumers worldwide.

Zong will let new Entropia Universe participants obtain the new Starter Packs using nothing but their mobile phones.

Log in and deposit with PayPal today! The PayPal deposit method is available on the Entropia Universe Account Website.

MindArk

15. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

yeah I would expect the transfer fee to be always the same - to make ppl do larger deposits to safe on the fee , and I doubt that the transaction does cost differently depending on the deposit size..

.. not that it really matters to me .. long time since my last depo :-O

16. at this point I am looking forward to the withdraw feature added to the paypal

17. I would have thought that as well, the point is that dep $25 twice costs less than dep $50 so ppl will simply dep twice as over many years that's a saving.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.