Incompetent, lazy, MindArk...

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by McCormick, Jan 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. I know, its the testers fault...

...I know it usually takes weeks of fixing stuff.

...I know the same bugs return and return and return and return and...keep returning.

Incompetent, lazy, MindArk...

2. LOL well at least your not alone with that sailboat hat!

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:alcohol:

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Is that a mast in your back or were you just happy to see us?

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

OMG ... that was just too funny McC ... geez, we've seen some pretty weird-ass bugs this last VU.

MA gave me hair extensions for free ...

This is what it's supposed to look like ...

MS9-NewAva.jpg

And this is the gift that MA gave me after getting into and out of a vehicle ...

MS9-HairExtensions.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Here are pics of Slim wearing the sailboat :)

Attached Files:

7. The Ring ? O_O

=)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

We found a witch, may we burn her?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LOL

Can I pour melted crayons on her too??? :whistling:

10. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

does she weigh the same as a duck?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. So, why not let a participant do the writing. Magyar_Republic just entered the client loader with his wall of text.

Congratulations, but nothing about lag, bugs, interruptions, delays, broken promises, scammed money in the range of a new car, gamble addicts or pay2win ?

Maybe Magyar wrote that text in 2006 ? Or did MA pay him the obligatory 1000 PED ?

Entropia Universe degenerated from a superb designed alien world, with its very special immersive feeling, to a gigantic land of emptiness and microtransanctions. The spirit has left long ago, leaving the still believing souls behind.

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Can't say I really will side with the above this time. I like the idea of utilising participants more. I somehow can imagine a way more detailed content vu list if a participant was able to write it. I would imagine there would be more updates too... and better writing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well I'm still here.... and so are you ;) So here's to that much :D

14. But we are more or less lost.

15. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Hey, thanks for the witch burning and hot crayon bath! :thumbsup:

Just wanted to report that Howling Mines gives longer extensions! :yay:

HowlingMineExtensions.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Oh sure everyone else gets the good bugs!! :Dlol

• Like Like x 1
  17. so uh, well, do you plan to write the epic response to
    "Why every MMO enthusiast should have an Entropia Universe Account"

"Why every MMO enthusiast should NOT have an Entropia Universe Account?"

It'd have to be a paragraph by paragraph antithesis of his wall of text... I haven't read every line of his text wall and don't have the time at the moment.

18. Do it like I did. Do not read the whole propaganda thing. Pick out one or two of the "headlines", read one or two sentences and you get the idea behind it. Propaganda. Repetetive propaganda.

No need to write the negative opposite to it, at least not for the people that have been around long enough.
    [You know JWT will sue you. ;)]

This could have been an article of 2005/2006 and it might have worked back then. Now it just feels like fancy words, repeating over and over and over and over and over again.

Entropia Universe could have taken off long ago, using proper advertising, intensive testing and less broken promises, or shall I say, less lies ?
    It will never reach the masses. It seems MA doesnt even want the masses.
    Imagine their goal of 2001, having 1 million concurrent users online. What the lag ? lol -_-

Dont get me wrong, back in 2004 I enjoyed the "empty" landscapes. I was glad that this thing called Entropia wasnt an overfilled MMO with millions of farmers. And it was mainly a mature MMO.
    Exploring, coming across 1 green dot per hour, saying hi, having a small talk.
    Today it is still empty, but 10 times the size and if you come across a green dot these days, it wont have a smalltalk with you anymore.
    [except you know him/her from 2004]

We are still playing the worlds longest beta test and the charme of 2004/2005 is gone.
    The immersive landscape feelings transformed into some kind of FarCry feeling, with remnants of the past.
    [I really like some areas and the detailed armax and even some of the vehicles. But the rest of the world is just empty and the molisk looks like pieces of sh...bugged 3d model, while the argonauts transformed into what exactly ? Vehicles of the 80s ? Mobs using the wrong sound effects since ages...Content of Oblivon ?]

We heard it all before. Again and again. MindArk adding some PR stunts...or beeing completly silent...and thats it about it.
    [I really cant wait for the alien estate, that was supposed to be introduced/announced/whatever last week.] ;p

Luring people into this world without naming the real pros & contras is just wrong in my opinion, as many of them will get dissapointed sooner or later, because of this kind of advertising and missleading PR stunts.
    [except they are gamble addicts, professional scammers, 2nd accounts, or rich as a fu*c]

Already in 2004 I realized how easy it was to spend/loose 20 Euro in this world...everyone knew/knows that.
    Even Magyar. Except that he "learned" how to let the system pay him back. ;p

If you loose money in here you usually hear at least 1 of the following phrases:
    - "I feel so sorry for you"
    - "You probably did something wrong"
    -"It was a bad run, try another profession" or
    -"Hey, at least you got skills for it" ;)

But the best phrase I ever heard was the fabulous:
    "Use the right item, on the right mob, at the right place, at the right time..."

While depositing you might get rewarded with a globals/HOF, or not.
    You can also keep depositing and might never get a HOF.
    [Then you will hear one of the 4/5 phrases again]

You can deposit A LOT and gamble at the crafting machines and I can assure you that you WILL get at least one HOF.
    [Additionally you will hear one of the 4/5 phrases again]

The urban legend of the non depositor, that pulls out steady money of this game is still alive though... ;)

Beeing able to decorate your avatar, using clothes that can be more expensive then realworld clothes, is just another fancy byproduct. And we all love it. Especially that our clothes decay.;)

I got lured in here because of the phrase "it is a really nice online world, and free to play. You have to work (sweat) to make some money by selling it to other players."
    [then you can go hunt, skill, global and pick up oil at the oilrig]

And yes, I made quite some PEDs from hanging around at the oilrig. 0,7 $ to 1,4 $every 7-15 minutes.
    Was even better if you had a "powerfull" friend with you. ;)

I just learned that todays rig hands out 0,3 $- 0,6$, every 30 minutes or so. How can it be even worth standing there anymore, having to kill atrox and poor noobs or other strong players ?

EnfOfWallOfText ;O

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hmm... I think the whole, seeing/finding people randomly is what really draws me to MMO's over other games. It adds purpose. I know what you mean. Its a bigger space now but I still see people... I admit they don't seem to be quite as friendly as they used to but I do wonder if that is a social phenomenon external to PE. ie people are more experienced of MMO's and less bothered about being sociable. I've met a few people who play MMO's on their own. Why? I have no idea. It seems daft. Play a single player game then if you don't want to interact with people! Anyhow I do find people will still say hello though, just often I have to make the first move....

[I really like some areas and the detailed armax and even some of the vehicles. But the rest of the world is just empty and the molisk looks like pieces of sh...bugged 3d model, while the argonauts transformed into what exactly ? Vehicles of the 80s ? Mobs using the wrong sound effects since ages...Content of blivon ?]

I feel MA could do with looking at some real deserts and understand "barren" does not equal "empty". Just cause something isn't a lush jungle landscape, doesn't mean there is nothing in it. How about some cracked parched soil? some stones, rocks, small scrub land plants. the occasional dry sticks. I'd like to see some level of apparent "interaction" between the objects and the landscape. ie if a rock is in the desert, why isn't there sand piled up on one side of it? This sort of ATD would really help.

Luring people into this world without naming the real pros & contras is just wrong in my opinion, as many of them will get dissapointed sooner or later, because of this kind of advertising and missleading PR stunts

I don't think magyar's article is misleadling really. I think he is fairly up front about playing carefully and what not.

Beeing able to decorate your avatar, using clothes that can be more expensive then realworld clothes, is just another fancy byproduct. And we all love it. Especially that our clothes decay.;)

I don't mind this... I adds a purpose to the point of clothes even having value - I like the way you can change the appearance too. I didn't understand the armour though, but thankfully they have removed this, we get enough decay on that as it is!

And yes, I made quite some PEDs from hanging around at the oilrig. 0,7 $ to 1,4 $every 7-15 minutes.
    Was even better if you had a "powerfull" friend with you. ;)

I just learned that todays rig hands out 0,3 $- 0,6$, every 30 minutes or so. How can it be even worth standing there anymore, having to kill atrox and poor noobs or other strong players ?

hmmm yeh the rig NEVER made sense to me. It was a challenge to get there but that was it. I never got oil from the rig ever.... I did find the THING had a good oil drop place as did the KEG on rocktropia. I didn't stick around to measure the quantities... I think maybe I made a ped or so. Big of fun, no mega cash lost by PP. All good.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Hi,

I see it as brazen lies, over most of the text.
    This is what you get selling CLD's, that make people participate in the success of their planet. They'll do plain propaganda.

Read it as a newbie, and you'll get offered a land of milk and honey. The few hints of "you might as well bleed dry" are well hidden.
    "Many players are playing for free", and "many players even withdraw money" is prominently making the text, is promised again and again, and we all know how it works.

This is sheer propaganda. And not a good one, I may add.

MS9 would have written a ways better text, in 1/3 of the lines. And I'm not talking about her undisputed ability to write, but about her love for long texts ;-)

This text isn't good IMHO, it's misleading in a lot of areas, and it's ways too long anyways. And, to add cream to the cake, it's quoting Castronova, and hiding the fact that there was quite some hassle with him, afterwards?

This is sugar coating IMHO, by ppl that want your money.

Have fun

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.