IMPORTANT: Update problems solved!!!

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by wizzszz, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Welcome to EP, Sols

If you downloaded the installer with GetRight, it *should* be complete.

However, the broken icon (not sure what you mean exactly, maybe post a picture) possibly indicates a problem with the download nonetheless - the error message underpins this even further.

It is possible that your anti-virus software corrupted the download, and without further information this is all advice i can give you atm:

Turn off all your anti-virus programs, and firewalls (not the windows firewall tho) and try to download it again with GetRight.
    ( The last FULL INSTALLATION as per post#6 )

If this won't work, maybe try an older full installation (link at the bottom of post #7)

Oh, and make sure you delete the folders "Entropia Universe" and "Mindark" in your c:\Program Files\ directory prior to installing - and ofc, run the setup with admin rights if you are on Vista or Win7 (but i guess the installer will force you to run as admin anyway)

Let me know if that works for you :)

2. Hey there!

I solved my problem. I installed the game in other PC, then i copy the files to my PC and, guess what?! It worked. Include to do the next update downloads (for exemple, today we had a new update and worked fine).

I don't know how to explain why it was not working in the regular way, but now it is working normally.

Thanks for the atention and take care!

All the best,
    Sols

3. Glad you got it working somehow :)

Cya ingame

/Edit:

Last 2 updates added to post #6

4. Latest Update added to post #6 (update_10.9.1.44517-10.9.2.45050.exe)

5. Todays update to VU 11.0 added to post #6

6. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

Recent updates, starting from last recommended full install

Hi Wiz,

I keep getting an error saying, 403 Forbidden,
    This site requires you to login whenever I click on either of these links.

And thanks for posting these :)

7. Todays update (update_11.0.1.45891-11.0.2.46046.exe) added to post #6

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

it doesn't work, I get the error message

9. All the last 3 links work fine for me, no 404 Not found, no 403 Forbidden

I will download them and add an EP mirror, it seems MA has still not completed uploading them to ALL mirrors.

Stay tuned

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

I've added mirrors on EP for the last 2 VUs - the bigger one is >700 MB, would take too long to down AND upload that from here, my upstream is too slow.

You might "trick" your computer into using a different mirror with the fix described in post #2 & #3, or let me know if the file is really needed (not sure if you were just testin the links ;) ), and i will take care of that, too, may just take a while.

/Edit:

A "working" IP for the dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com server is 82.99.18.23 (as described in post #2 & #3, i've just tested them again, all the files are available on this server (i double check all links before posting them)

If the files are unavailable for you, please run cmd.exe (in your windows folder, or use the search field in the windows menu to run it) and enter "ping dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com" and let me know which IP it resolves to, so we can try to pin down the "bad" mirror and forward the info to MA.

10. Cye

Cye

Hey there,

Recently I've been working for hours trying to get my installation to work, but it appears that my client gets stuck at the same spot everytime.

Whether it's from a full installation, or a manual launch run as an admin, the client pops up with the same message. At first it tries to test the entropia_universe_setup_11.0.0.45848.ex for a few minutes and then the client loader error comes up with "entropia_universe_setup_11.0.0.45848.exe".

Now I've read your post here and even downloaded GetRight to help with downloading the patch for it in post #6, however even after downloading that full installation patch, I still seem to get the same error. I've also tried downloading it from the Support/FAQ section on the main site. When I actually look inside the Entropia folder, I happen to see the update in there, so I'm unsure why the client still gets stuck with this one update?

I'd appreciate any help, and maybe I may have missed something. I'm really looking forward to trying this game out, but the installation seems to be a pain lol

11. Hi Cye, welcome to EP :)

Yes, installation can be horrible... but thats what this thread is for ;)

I am not exactly sure what the problem is - the client loader aborts the download of setup_11.0.0.45848.exe? Or it downloads it completely and the error occurs while it's running?

If you manually downloaded it with GetRight, you should be able to run it, however, you should deinstall EVERYTHING from prior installation attempts, and make sure the %program files%/Entropia Universe folder is gone, if not delete it manually. Make sure you reboot your computer before you try installing it from scratch.

If that still doesn't work, it might be a problem with this particular installation file, i didn't have any feedback from people about this version of the full install yet, so if it still fails, check bottom of post #7 and try installing the latest full install and let the client loader patch from there.

Let me know if it works :)

12. Cye

Cye

Thanks for the welcome,

It does manage to download it completely, and when the client loader tries to run it, I guess it fails and comes up with this error.

I'll post some screenshots which could maybe identify the problem more specifically. The suggestion portion of the error tells me that there is a problem with my diskspace, which I'm not sure what it could mean by that considering I have plenty of space, and the patch has already been downloaded.

Error right after it tested for the update-

http://i39.tinypic.com/34glthh.jpg

The message I get after clicking "ok" -

http://i40.tinypic.com/2643tph.jpg

I'll definitely try to uninstall everything, reboot and go about the whole process again.

13. The error message doesn't mean anything, but you should have at least 4 - 5 GB of free disk space before you start the installer (Windows, especially vista isn't exactly honest about free disk space). Try removing all that has been installed and then start the setup directly, not via the client loader - and make sure you start it with full rights (right-click, run as admin)

And you can (and should) upload pics to the integrated forum gallery - tinypic is evil ;)

14. Cye

Cye

Everything worked!

I really appreciate the help.

Managed to uninstall everything, reboot and then simply used the full install to get it all working.

Thanks again!

15. Post #6 updated with the direct download link for todays VU (update_11.0.2.46046-11.0.3.47275)

16. Jod

Jod

Is there a mirror for 11.0.2-11.0.3 yet?
    MA servers just give me 15kB/s and keeps resetting part way through.

17. Uploading it atm, it's 122 MB, and my upstream sucks - i'll post the link here and in post #6 as soon as it's up (in ~15 min)

18. Jod

Jod

Awesome,Thanks mate :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.