Hurry up Neverdie and get the thing started already!

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Green Rowan, Nov 30, 2009.

1. I could list here 1001 reasons why I and (I suspect) masses and masses of others are on one hand so impatient, and on the other hand so exited about the opening of NI, but I won’t. Just take a look at the strength of feelings expressed lately about stuff, and all will become clear.

I’m really looking forward to the day when this Great Concept called EU will be managed by a different team, on NI.

Green

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Hey Green :) I agree - though I hope it's FINISHED when he opens it up. If they need a couple of more days to make sure the BUGS are gone - so be it .. I'll be here anyway ;)

In our interview with NEVERDIE, he said it would be launched very soon .... My guess is it's gonna be our xmass gift :woohoo:

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

NI will still be tied to MindArk. MindArk handle all the actual coding, balancing, loot distribution, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stave

Stave Guest

its not up to neverdie when planets are opened, its up to ma.

And please ffs dont let threads like this turn into whining threads like you see on ef...

5. Exactly. Its simply same shit but different name...although I think Next Island is guaranteed to be more shit than Calypso

6. EMW

EMW

Exactly!! same shit different planet, everyone seems to be forgetting this! Though i'm sure there will be a flurry of decent items/loot to begin with to promote/give hope!

7. Marco did mention something about a new or improved loot system in the near future

8. basically the same shit but storylines/events will be handled by some fresh blood, thats gotta be something to be optimistic about.

9. I still got faith in MindArk when it comes to the future in terms of events. Yes the new story-guy they hired from Grin was responsible for Terminator: Salvation videogame which was a major fuckup and he helped Grin go bankrupt...but I still hope he will do something good

10. Predden

Predden -= SHS =-

In short, the planets wont fix shit if they cant get more players to start playing and paying.

11. I've said multiple times that MindArk needs to cut down on the big ass loots and spread the love around more and also raise general loot to a ok level. No returns under 85% and maintaining a 90-95% average

Ofcourse people would deposit less with this system but we would see alot more people more active cycling more and being happy. Keeping players happy brings in more players so overall result would be way more people actually playing so more $ for MA

12. Yirrk

Yirrk Who Speaks for the Earth?

Yeah he says that but then there's the ikky fact that he has no control over the loot. None of the planets do/will. Only MA has control.

13. I’m not sure about that.

I can’t imagine that if a planet partner wants to offer a specific prize to fall on their planet, they will accept MA saying “no, the loot pool is general, the prize can fall anywhere within EU because we have one loot pool”. That would be ridiculous.

I imagine that MA will control the rules and the amount of stuff that can be imported/exported between planets, but it’s highly unlikely that all the planets will have the same pool. Every planet must have the independence to create events and offer prizes regardless of what the rest of them do.

And assuming that what I said above is true, logically, they should also have influence on the percentage of profits they take at any given moment, thus indirectly influencing player returns.

Anything less would be ridiculous… would you invest a boatload of money into something and agree not to have any control on the finances?

Green

14. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

yep. i'm too pissed off with no looters while seeing the hofs and ATH on the same mob. after losing near 50% on Eomon sunday morning, i couldnt be bothered to hunt rest of the day. when you do get a hof, its all oil, since start of VU 10 ive got about a dozen L armour/weapon loots worth listing in auction (ie many are tt food) two carpets and two fap80. yeah for me. :frown:

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I wouldn't. But I'm genuinely wondering if any of the new planet partners had an independant consultancy firm do a sanity check on MA's procedures or code before entering the deals, or whether they just fell for MindArk's commercial talk, and took their word MindArk is a professional software company (which, judging by my experience working for professional software companies, it is not).

16. Yirrk

Yirrk Who Speaks for the Earth?

Yup.
    Also, I get the impression that Planet Postmoderna don't trust MA all that much. IMO wisest of the bunch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.