Hunting as a newbie

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by Jockmock, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Hello people. This is my first thread on this forum.
    I have played entropia for 3 days now and it is really a interesting game.

Still my problem lie to this, When i hunt i will lose ped. If i put in 10 ped i will lose 7 ped with a laser rifle. (the basic one you get from TT). So i decided, Lets use a sword instead , and i bought a sword and started hunting, The same problem there, I am basically losing from hunting due to repair costs.

( i am hunting around swamp camp) Still i can always do sweating and get like 5 ped per hour when i have the skill, tho for me to be able to hunt , must i sweat for two hours ?

Swunting is a option aswell, Still it goes all back to sweating,
    And i would lose ped on it, But at a much slower rate.

I read something about becoming a reseller tho that is not something i want to do.

Will there be a turning point or is the whole game based in sweating or putting in money in the game ?

Also as a miner, If i would put in 100 ped as a newbie on doing mining,
    would it be the same result as with hunting, or is it possible to actually keep on mining for a while and not get broke after 3 days ?

Regards Jockmock

2. especially as beginner your skills are low and weapons unmaxed, which means you gonna have a bad eco, so loot will suck definitely

generally, you will always lose money in the long run, at least tt value wise, so often you gotta sell your stuff with markup to other people, sweat or trade by the way, to keep afloat (or deposit ofc)

mining has generally the advantage of higher markup of the stuff you find compared to hunting loot, however, the bombs/probes are kinda pricy

if you have a bad run there you can end up with 50 ped loss on a 100 ped run easily, which will be hard to cover even with better markup

it depends a bit what works for you there too
    but generally, dont sell stuff to the tt and try to sell it for markup
    that may help cutting the costs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.