Planet Calypso: Home Sick...

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Wistrel, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

OK maybe I shouldn't click the suggested videos off of McCormick's vids... I'm going to catch what he has :D

Watching that really makes me miss the old place... there is a distinct lack of "alien" these days compared to what there used to be I mean. I'd actually forgotten...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ach... another one...

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Agreed. Exploration isn't the same anymore.

I bought "The last of us" last week when it came out, and that really makes me realize how much I actually enjoy exploring a new world. There's specific places you can get to if you try and keep your eyes open, and most of them reward you by means of having some usable resources lying around in them.

EU never had that, but every now and then you'd stumble across a location that was just its own reward, or where trying to get on top of something was what we'd try to achieve. Like the space station near the old sweat camp.

I also still have fond memories of finding little stacks of PED/PEC/ME lying around, left there by other colonists who apparently wanted to reward others who found the same location as they did.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372138395.844240.jpg

This reminded me so much of eu i had to screenshot it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ah yeh that game looks good. As does between two souls in october. I really ought to play some more Tomb Raider... I've barely started the game truth be told. I've been doing a lot of Virtues Last Reward and Dear Esther lately. With a bit of Entropia that covers me gaming wise.

I miss the wreckage on Calypso. But there are one or two elements like that creeping back. I've found some skeletons lately and there is even a crashed ship on Thule.

I found one or two interesting places on Arkadia too... Ancient Greece was CRYING OUT for them... but none to be found...

If you want to find some little markers... there are some on the ridge climbs on Thule. I know cause I left them there for any newbies who were cool enough to go off the beaten track and find their way up to explore the mountains.

Of course its possible they are not there now if someone HAS done that, or if MA changed the area or removed them....

Wistrel

6. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

love the first vid.. oooh the sliding .. ooooh the wormholes ..
    second one I thought avatars looked like zombies ;D :D :-P

7. Yeah, also miss old Calypso sometimes. Even if I spend most of my time on Arkadia this days, Arkadia have one of the most boring planets in my opinion.

The exploration part of the gaming is something MA must look seriously on how to find ways to improve it. I have for a long time been arguing for some kind of "micro events" and "micro instances", stuff that can spawn randomly in the world and be found/triggered by players, in combination with more fixed item. It could be everything from old ruins and abandoned army bases to search, to meeting different kind of NPC characters that will have something special to sell or have a special mission for you. It's the small things that together creates a more fun word.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh... I wonder if they will EVER bring back sitting... (sigh)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.