Hardwrath taught me a lesson tonight...

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by McCormick, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In other words, Mindark stoked your already inflated ego by encouraging your vigilante cyberbullying described above, and then rewarded you for participating in that entrapment situation which was the result of that vigilantism. Aggressively fighting fire with fire and bringing virtual world conflicts in to the real world is not the smartest thing to do, nor the best way to build a friendly online community. Be definition the actions you describe above ARE social engineering, which IS a form of hacking. The fact that Mindark rewarded you for that type of hacking is not necessarily a good thing since it encourages you to do that type of bullshit again, and encourages others in the community to do likewise, taking pvp in to the real world...

2. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

No one needs to stoke Max's ego (he is more than capable of doing this on his own) but what Max did, in legal terms, was not entrapment. He is not working fo MA.

entrapment: the act of law enforcement officers or government agents to induce or encourage a person to commit a crime when the potential criminal expresses a desire not to go ahead. The key to entrapment is whether the idea for the commission or encouragement of the criminal act originated with the police or government agents instead of with the "criminal."

I'm not endorcing what Max did as the proper path as you never know who is on the other side of that phone but it was effective in stopping a scammer who ruined several players in-game lives.

He did it above board with the concent of the governing body of MA. He didn't do it for his own profit but to rid a scammer from the game. So I'm trying to understand how that was not in the best interests of all?

Lastly, if the digging up of information about other players to use against them is considered Social Engineering and a form of hacking, when do you plan to stop doing the same in the game against players you don't like and want to discredit?

You know, people in glass houses should really not take up stone throwing as a hobby.. :spank:

3. Sionkiewicz

:lolup: Are you telling me that was all I had to do to shut you guys up? Geez... :lolup:

4. Lets stop here. Shall we ? Everyone added their...uhm..."opinion" by now.
    Everything that needed to be said, has been said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ah look...

It's Mastermesh defending scammers and exploiters once again.

You must get really mad at the police when they arrest murderers, rapists, and thieves in real life. :wise:

Do you call their actions "government sanctioned bullying"?

The best thing about getting you to post is that you continuously demonstrate how much of a <removed by a moderator> you are.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Sionkiewicz

Max, this was not needed as the Chain was dead and gone... MasterMesh doesn't have any new news to share with us anyway.

McCormick, want to lock this one up?

7. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Best suggestion I've seen so far in this pointless and just plain argumentative thread.

:locked:

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Locked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.