Guess where Cyrene will be.

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by nexus7, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Plus mind you a Planet Fee for all who want to go between planets.:bandit:

2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Well the idea would be to have a monopoly so us warp ship owners can "rob" the rest of the player base errr i mean charge a small fee :-)

3. But you can still always bypass the space station and land for a fee of 2 PED ;)

4. Ben Coyote

Ben Coyote The Blind Sniper

Okay here are my entire thoughts on Cyrene and it's placement in relation to all the other planets and the positions shown..

The answer is: It's not going to be places at any location (A,B,C,D,E,or F) but rather a new location (Let's call it G) and it's going to help fill in the map.

Let's just face it. We don't know where exactly on the map the planet will lie. But if I had to haphazard a guess, it might be west or south of Calypso and for good reason.. This is the only side of the map that has been "Squared off" in relation to the rest of the map.. and if you look at the x and y coordinates, Calypso sits at what could be theoretcially the center of a map, and that all the other wolds around it would be in either east or west of the point..

Considering also that Calypso on a side that is "Squared off" Odds are that it would be easy to add more servers to the left side fo the map and thus place say Cyrene in a corner either NW or SW of Calypso..

Furthermore, it it were placed anywhere else along an edge it would mean that more servers would be necessary to fill in the missing squares.. and because of this it would mean the maps would have to be adjusted accordingly.

So in conclusion, if Cyrene is going to be put anywhere on the map, it could be even south of Calypso but My guess is west.. (That way you can enter calypso from the backside if you want but leaving will be tricky as you have to "Sling shot" or maneuver around the Planet server itself.

So I'm going to say G..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
    a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Well, you will all know tomorrow :cool (2):

6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

only if update is not postponed :bandit:

7. I'm guessing my self that it will be west of Calypso. Make the most since as well since we have 3 more planets coming to us 'soon'. But then again, MA could add it in current space and just make each planet on the map smaller.

But remember guys, don't type to much about ideas here, we are so close! We don't need MA putting off the release of Cyrene now!!

8. Didnt I hear in a story or something in the past that Planet Cyrene is through a wormhole, maybe be a wormhole in the center of space. hmmm....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yer, this makes a lot of sense to me if they do enlarge space in the update. I'm on Ark atm, so if it is S of caly and I go W from ark, I may get somewhere near it :) If it's W of caly then I have problems...

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

planets.jpg

This is roughly how planets will be placed based on what people have said so far.

The reason is because Rocktropia appeared first and it's placed top side of square. NI appeared next and it's placed next along next line. Ark appeared last and it's placed at bottom.

So basically new planets are placed along an edge of a square. Cyrene will be next so it'll go top left of Calypso. Toulan is expected to come after so it'll be at the furthest edge. Finally Theryon will appear at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  11. As I understand it, the map of EU space only shows the positional relationship between the planets and has in itself nothing to do with the distances involved. So the existing 'square' could easily be big enough for all new planets.

12. I hope that they could place some planets so they don't always have the same space between each other. It wold not hurt if they place two planet really close each other just to break the pattern a bit. The space should not look too "organized".

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Well I still think a dedicated space area for each planet would be nice. As in all the existing space we have dedicated for Calypso and it's satellites & lore.

Then space would really be big :-)
    Perhaps they are workign towards that and some day in the future we may have something like it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

weeeeee soooooo cloooooooseeeee!!! :laugh:

15. Cyrene is W of Arkadia or S of Calypso, and it takes a long time in a Vtol :)

16. Yer, I hope they make the map for space a bit more realistic as well, something like this.

[​IMG]

But then I'm thinking that the technical team at MA must have thought of something like this before, only they didn't want to make it too realistic because then they would have to make space travel more realistic, which would mean high calculation stuff. So maybe they deliberately went for a more simplistic map of space for those reasons...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.