Planet Arkadia: Goodbye to Cyrus

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by RAZER, Jun 29, 2013.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

slider.png

Yesterday Cyrus announced that he is leaving Arkadia Studios. With him leaving we are loosing arguably the best community manager we had. In the past 3 years I have been in contact with him a few times and have gotten some great and interesting information from him. He was one of the most accessible community managers around and will be missed. Below is the post he made over at Planet Arkadia Forum.

[link...]

We at Entropia Planets wish him all the best and hope to see him again in the game or on one of the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. We will miss you Cyrus :cry1:, it's sad to see you left when Arkadia's playerbase finally start to pick up and overall economy of the universe getting better and better. But I wish you all best in the future with your wife and create another shining chapter in your life. :beerchug:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. Chris will have to do a hell-of-a-job to keep up with the standard set by Cyrus.

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Cyrus will definitely be missed and he was incredibly helpful to me as well with the coverage I did for Arkadia at MSM. I agree that it will be a challenge to fill his shoes, but I also think that Chris will rise to that challenge, and so far as part of the A-Team, he has done a superb job.

I wish the best to Cyrus and his lovely new wife on their adventures in life going forward, and much happiness, because they certainly deserve it. :thumbsup:

5. Cyrus was a great ambassador for Arkadia Studios and was instrumental in the pre-launch story line for Planet Arkadia, so hope he does well in his future ventures

6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I wonder if this is in some way related to the upcoming changes in EU. We know some major changes are ahead:

http://mindstarmedia.com/mindstar9-blahg/mindstar-media-heading-for-new-direction/

Wondering if those changes are the same as I have in mind. Kind of hard to discuss without saying what those changes are .... : - )

The timing would seem to fit. Cyrus leaves on eve of changes. Question is will he emerge again with a new role?

Doesn't make sense though why not just transfer staff role? perhaps that's something a PP is not allowed to do?

Perhaps it's something entirely different and even more sinister :)

The plot thickens...we wait and see what unfolds ....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. MindStar9

Ace, Ace, Ace ... :doh: :spank::lolup:

You're up to your speculating again, but I assure you that my Blah'g entry at MSM that you linked to and the departure of Cyrus are in no way related. I think I was specific in it meaning my writing style with some things, and while always being constructive, not so guarded going forward. :biggrin:

Sorry to spoil your fun and creative mystery-spinning. :nana:

8. It seems like a lot of people have something big going on atm. :biggrin:

I just read Lykke is up to something too but can't say anything yet.

Yet she is busting to say what it is. Maybe some :alcohol:and she will tell us.

I have congratulated Lykke in advance :)

ref: Lykke @ Facebook.

Ooo guess what!

I have something big going on too:

Can partially mention it, well hint at the platform side of it anyway :sneaky:

More news later, link > www.mmogamingnetwork.com

PS. It in its very early prelaunch stage of development. :geek:

Take Care,
    Viper

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LOL ACE! Good to see your still conspiring :)

And sorry to see Cyrus go, he was one of their best members

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Thought some more about it. It is highly probable Cyrus left Arkadia to work for MindArk or as a freelancer for all PP&MA or for MindStar media.

MindArk would be my best guess. If that is the case next question would be what his agenda is? perhaps Dobson sent him to infiltrate MA under a veiled disguise of being a promoter/community manager for entire EU?

Time will tell...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

This has to be it!! George is so smart!! :thumbsup:

12. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Looks like some Aliens have invaded that forum!! :sneaky:

13. MindStar9

You are TOTALLY off your speculation rocker! :nana:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

That's putting it mildly....:whistling:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tass

Tass Administrator

That's actually a promising scenario. MA looks like needing help in many areas, one of which could be filled by Cyrus. Unfortunately that's not highly probable but completely improbable, well, probably still less probable they hire me as a consultant, lol.

16. I actually only got to speak with Cyrus for a little bit after wining a prize, but not only was he friendly and very flexible with my timing issues (Was on Caly the time he would hop on x.x) But he really seemed to enjoy Arkadia and it's player base. Gz on the new chapter in your life!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.