Generation Zero

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by McCormick, Jun 7, 2018.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Looks awesome. Bring it on!

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

From that description, it does sound interesting.

5. Tass

Tass Administrator

Launch trailer. Game will be out next Tuesday.

6. I got invited to the beta back then...but never got the invitation link.
    Only got automated replies, when asking for the activation.

Then they asked me how I liked the beta. -_-

Silence.

Today they sent me this trailer.
    And it still looks like early beta...thank god. I might still try it, but Im totally focused on other games right now anyway.

Maybe we can start as noobs there, on some weekend, @Wistrel ?

7. Dab

Dab

In other news, I hear MA changed their camera system so they could use the platform for their new Battle Royale offering (deed announcement soon) entitled "A Day Late and a Dollar Short". Much anticipated Pre-Alpha soft launch coming SOON in 3rd quarter 2020, well after the fad has passed. They are planning on working on remaking the new player experience for ADLAADS this very minute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tass

Tass Administrator

Lol, that would be so perfectly Mindark.

9. On EP, we are allowed to talk about other games than .... EU !

Get rid of the tyranny, quit PCF :)

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

To celebrate the upcoming Battle Royale patch, the next update will grant all avatars the Fortnight dance. The dance will be released for free, but after the next VU will automatically deduct 1 PED from your PEDcard every time you use it, with an automatic minimum of 5 usages per month, which will automatically be educated for all avatars. That money will be used to construct new other exciting features nobody asked for, and which will make the game more shit than before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hooray for other exciting (lol) features !!!!11111 x'D

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

What games are you focused on? its a nice idea I'd have to be only vaguely committent (if that is a word?) though. I'm very much struggling to adult at the moment and things are getting on top of me. I've not played a game in ages actually.

This is in part the fault of @Jamira and a few other influences/ers who have taken me into the world of CAD... which is basically taking up a lot of my "post working hours" free time lately (hint at 34 seconds in that video ;) ). I've kinda started reading manga a bit again too.

Wistrel

PS just watched the vid... ah that terminator synth music :D and the noise at 1:12 :D :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hmmm:

• MINIMUM:
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Intel i5 Quad Core
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: nVidia GTX 660 / ATI HD7870 - 2GB VRAM / Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580
      • Storage: 35 GB available space
    I might be OK processor wise (I have an end of generation core2quad), but I only have 6gig o' RAM. I'd be willing to get more RAM though but am holding out on a generalised PC upgrade till intel crack 10nm - no particular reason for this (my PC is generally fine), other than that I'm not sure I believe they will ever get things reliably smaller than 10nm and 7nm, if it ever arrives, will be years away.

Wistrel

PS I'm aware though that no one bothers testing games on really old hardware any more though (so often you can get away with much older gear), and most of the time, the specs are mainly about the graphics card

14. bought it, going online now

• Like Like x 1
  15. San

San

That one is interesting indeed! Thanks for the heads-up.

I see there is a disc edition, but does it run without Steam?

===

From another article:

"Generation Zero isn't very good, but I do keep coming back to it."
    https://www.pcgamer.com/generation-zero-review/

Does this sound strangely familiar?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. After 1 day of playing it, yes, it isnt very good, but I absolutely love it.

In short:
    A clone of "State of Decay", but with robots. And I loved the 1st "State of Decay".

The 1st minutes let you feel the scenario, I love the (old), fancy graphics and it reminded me of the robo dogs in the Netflix series "Black Mirror".

You start in singleplayer, but anyone can join your game at any time, if you have set it this way in the settings.
    Playing alone is way more intense Id say. You dont just happily run around in a world filled with evil robots.
    The map (of sweden) is gigantic, it starts (close to) noob friendly, but not too easy and the storyline is...an overkill.
    You got to search, read and find hints...you dont just run from A to B or vice versa.

For now, Im reading every letter and listen to every message..which I usually hate...but because this was created with love,
    I will have mercy with the letters. ;) Its simple, but effective.

Avatar design, vast variation of clothes, skills, tons of items you can use, tons of items you dont have the skill for, in a well designed, dark scenario, where everybody just dissapeared, because of a robot storyline attached to it...ya, I love those 37 gigabyte. :)

p.s.
    The creators are also known back from the PC demo scene...so another reason for me to support it. :P

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. San

San

Do you get to customize your avatar? Not that I care much for fashion, but at least basic identity. That is, I wouldn't feel at home if I could only choose from a set of equally annoying teenagers to represent, which is the extent I found in the articles so far. Admit I'm taking the shortcut here instead of reading more if you don't mind.

18. You wont find a high end avatar creation system at the beginning. But it is ok and you "make
    the difference" later in the game anyway.

As I only play for 1 day, I can tell, there are various makeups, tattoos, sunglasses, clothes (all with various features) and stuff througout the game, "to make you look different than the others".

As you wont play together with hundreds of players, you wont see many clones of yours. ;)

While I agree, that avatar creation turned into an important feature these days and there are thousands of "funny" results, for the 1st time I did not care for such a creation system as I just wanted to play this....and explore ! :D

I can only guess it will arrive one day...just like vehicles and stuff...then again, this game could go "offline" after 1 year...like many before.
    But there will still be the single player mode then.

• Like Like x 1
  19. San

San

Thank you, sounds about the way I like it. No beauty parlour needed as said, just so enough for not having to be a kid. Sure it will (d)evolve somehow.

My car is in some of the videos (a 1987 Saab 900) -- luvvit!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.