Follow up discussion about NEVERDIEs interview about Next Island

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by Lykke TheNun, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

After a very nice interview with NEVERDIE, some of you have more questions and questionsmarks to how things are done.

So I figured a new thread would be the best idea, not to ruin the interview thread :)

See the interview here:

Exclusive interview with NEVERDIE about Next Island - News

2. Yirrk

Yirrk Who Speaks for the Earth?

... um, Neverdie can you please explain how this is supposed to be a GOOD thing? You've gotta know the extreme animosity, frustration and resentment they've managed to generate within the playerbase already because of their effed-up loot "balancing". Do you expect them to better balance Next Island than they have with Planet Calypso? And if they can do it with NI why aren't they doing it now with PC?

Lykke could you move my question please from that thread to here?

Thank you much :tiphat:

3. Lykke TheNun

Done :) ....

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Good interview and indeed some good answers and some unexpected ones to, like the one that MA is doing all the coding and loot balancing. I sure hope thay will do a better job on the loot or else this universe is doomed :)

5. Lykke TheNun

We actually talked about that in the car! If something isn't done soon about all loot, question is, if there will be use for any planets :(

When that is said, I actually have ok hunting loot atm - but awfull crafting loot.

OH off topic a little - I had the feeling all along, that it would be like going to CND or CP - while Peter had the feeling it would be little games in the game.

Dunno .. just thinking it must be quite a job to take care of X planets more than calypso, cp and CND :dunno: - will MA increase their staff members? :dodge:

6. Dab

Dab

I think that Next Island at first will be just like going to another continent. New scenery and mobs, but same old system. Hopefully they can diverge later with unique systems for each world.

Even with just new scenery, I think they will attract a large group of people from Calypso in hopes that the customer service will at least be better.

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I think, if the launch a finished product, there will be some differences with Calypso because of the time travel thing and not being able to use some of you equipment in some times should be interesting and challenging. Just hope Calypso won't be a ghost planet when Next Island launches.

8. Hi all, this is the critical question. Will MA/FPC be able to run the game professional and with a seriouse handling of the system. As it is now its more of a scam.

To get trust from us player ill guess the only solution is to have the system monitored and adjusted by a independent guardian or actor where MA/FPC can not interfer with the code any more then whats needed for optimal functionality. One solution like this should give the game the needed trust. As it is now MA/FPC can when ever they want freely change the code for thier own benefit and thats the reason why i do not believe in the game anymore.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this but its conected by the comment from Lykke.

Thnx for an interesting new forum: Valand

9. Lykke TheNun

Hi Valand - and welcome to EP :)

It is an interesting subject you have there. It would fit much better as a new seperate thread in the forum section *The Black Hole* (the same this is in) which you find here:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Feel free to post the new discussion there :) not to mix it up with the discussions about NEVERDIE's planets etc. - Your question is more about MA ...

Thanks
    Lykke

10. JJ you still havent answered me on your own forum regarding the spectatorboxes for domes and /or a large screen/s in control room so spectators can follow CL, etc. Live.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.