Finder Discussion.

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by Shim, Jan 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ok guys,

I know im not supposed to say this but i read most of the forums arround about EU. Now most of the time i read thread about mining and something has been erking me for a long time. So im going to start a discussion about it starting with my views. The topic is finders.

Ok now we all know that certain areas hold certain resources. Also we know that resources live at certain depths in the ground, at least in a range. An example of this is Lyst is shallow and Gold is deep. We also know that finders have different average search depths. Now the key word here is AVERAGE, this indicates that the finder can actually find deeper then that number. Now since i have proven that that is true it leaves a hole. in order to have an average there has to be a banalce.

Ok for sake of argument lets build a test case. Lets use a finder that has an average search depth of 400m. Ok now imediatally you may think that you can find from 400m up and then some distance further down. If we apply this to the average depth concept that would mean that i have a range of 0 - 800 m. Now this is not so hard to swallow but lets take a finder with a 700m ave search depth. We now have a range of 0 - 1400m.

I have been doing a study on this and this is not the case. The average search depth means the same as above but the range is closer to +- 320m reguardless. So my finder with a 400, the range is 80-720, and the finder with 700 is 380-1020.

Now the question is why would you think that going mining with the latter finder to find lyst would yield good results.

If you all want my results posted from my findings let me know. The search area of a probe/bomb is pretty interesting as well. Most of it is preliminary because i would need thousands of finds with all the data to get a crystal clear picture.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

I would be most interested in reading any results you may have. There seem to be more mining theories then players LOL. We may never know how MA's mining system works but always good to hear new input. :D

• Like Like x 9
  3. yes it's quiet interesting. When i found space ship it was 210m awey from me but my finders can find only 54.5 avarage so it's thing to think about

• Like Like x 10
  4. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

I use an Omegatron OF 104 and find lyst regularly, yet I have never found gold. But, then, I'm not sure where gold can be found. I don't use an ore-amp but I am debating giving it a try.

Has anyone had any success with an amp and if so, how do I find what is compatible with the finder that I use?

• Like Like x 9
  5. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

My mining skills are not to shabby but I am a long ways from being able to give advice. Here is what I use, and how I use it.

I am a line miner. I pick a direction and keep to that course for the entire run. I usually use 100 bombs and probes. If I get to many nrf's then I lesser tp jump and keep going. I mine for both ematters and ores. I have 105 finders for both. I use 101 amps for both as I have the blue prints for these and really do hate putting out the money to buy them. I fought using amps for a long time but finally had to do something for MA nerfed the mining so bad it was not worth buying bombs and probes to go out. The 101's help you find more claims and also raises the size on some. This said, good things can happen with or without amps. I have had many finds of 1K or better with no amps. Two really nice ones of 3000+ with a 102 amp and of course my tower of 9100 with a 101 amp. Mining can make your day or ruin it LOL. Just keep in mind if you have a really bad day then you know it is going to get better......sooner or later. Good luck to all in the mining profession.

• Like Like x 8
  6. I did the line mining for a long time but ever since i started precision carpet bombing ive yielded good results. To clarify precision carpet bombing is pre calculated points so that search areas butt upp against each other but do not overlap for the type. I also alternate bomb probe and use half distance. so that 100% of the ground gets scanned by a bomb or a probe. it looks something like this.

BombingPattern.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Kets

I use carpet bombing, for the most part. I'll start off in one direction, stop every 25 seconds of running. The I'll drop a probe. if I get a hit. I drop another probe until I get no more hits. Then I drop a bomb in the same place. If I get a hit, I drop another until I don't get a hit. Then I extract the stuff. After moving in the same direction for 4 or 5 increments I will move one increment to the right ( or left ) - drop, extract, then turn again to the right and move 4 or 5 time in that direction.

Example: North. (D)rop, (E)xtract, North. D,E. North, D,E, north, D,E,
    West, D,E,
    South, D,E, South, D,E, South, DE, South, D,E,
    West, D,E,
    North, D,E, ...

I'm not sure if acquired skills make a difference, but it seems that Geology combined with another skiil, does yield a good find nearby, but, as of yet, I have not been able to determine in which direction nearby.

I use a 103 and a 104 but I'm not sure which is which. When I get back on I will find out and update this post.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Why aren't you supposed to say it ;)

and what aren't you supposed to say?

You can say what you like on EuC, but that MA agreement you have to click on every time you play is kinda restrictive on what you can say and when and to who and wearing what clothes at what phase of the moon...
    :tumbleweed:

• Like Like x 8
  9. Kets

Here's my promised update:

MatterFinder 104
    OreFinder 103

And as soon as I get that Tower for 9100 PED I'm going to upgrade both!

:yahoo::yahoo::D:yahoo::yahoo:

• Like Like x 7
  10. lol ok fine i read everything but EuC ROCKS!!!!

• Like Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.