Favorite quotes from games

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by NotAdmin, Apr 5, 2020.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So recently I have been playing Far Cry 5. Bought it on a discount somewhere, and I'm enjoying the fuck out of this open world (and no cost) experience.

I just did the mission where you help a very conservative redneck dude who is running for the senate, by assisting his hippy son recover his truck.

The first part that had me laughing out loud was him referring to you as "Broba Fett". A few minutes into the mission, he called me "Brosencrantz and Guildenstern". I'm simply in awe of the references.

While it's an amazing game, this sort of stuff proves that simply using humor and clever writing makes for a great gaming experience.

Do you have any quotes from games that had you laughing out loud, or which made you go "Woah", Keanu Reeves style?

I guess another notable experience to me was the scene in Spec Ops, The Lines, after you use the mortar. If you played the game, you know what I'm referring to. That was such a clusterfuck of emotions.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hmm... probably I'm not playing enough games. In terms of references I liked the nod to the ex-lepar sketch from Life of Brian in Entropia.

Stuff that made me laugh... nothing springs to mind although there surely were some. Certain there were some moments in both Portal/Portal 2 and also Stanley Parable.

Lines from games that stick in my head though for better or worse, probably worse as it tends to be because they were used a lot, either deliberately (by design to be annoying/mocking) or by accident. Those were

"Feeling Loooooonelyyyyyy?" - Stauf in the 7th Guest - or was that one in the 11th Hour?
    "Intricate... look at the workmanship" - (or something like that) - I forget the name of the game though... some sort of graphic adventure I think.... realms of the haunting pops into my head but I don't know if that is right

"special delivery! nehheheheheee" - worms armageddon or 2, probably both

also

"QUAD DAMAGE!!!" :D

Wistrel

3. Beepo!

• Creative Creative x 1

4. "Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse."

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

5. San

San

"The only way out of hell is through." - Doom

is my alltime favourite, and valid in just about any context.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.