Far Cry

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by slartybartfass, Aug 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. I started recently with Far Cry, not the newest game and of course it is a ego-shooter.
    I did not start because EU will use the engine, but of some colleagues in the company who asked me.
    We meet once a week for some hours online session. Lot's of fun I have to admit. The day after usually is ok as well, we meet in the company to discuss about the last night, which is probably more fun than playing the game itself

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Loved Far Cry. Not only for its graphics (which are spectacular) but just because of the fun you could have with it if you just took the time to play around. Now we are playing Crysis with started out good but seems to be in a run with the monsters. :-( I have to say I liked Far Cry better.

What makes it special is the fact that you can move things around and go just about anywhere you want within reason. Vehicles are the most fun.

If EU ever gets vehicles it will be a blast whether you kill mobs or not LOL. BUT knowing MA I bet we would have to pay for gas and repairs.

Sounds like a good group to be in Slarty. :D

• Like Like x 7
  3. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

IMHO Far Cry is a visually beautiful and very impressive game, with some nice unexpected twists in the storyline. I'm glad you are enjoying it. :D

When Bunny and I first played Far Cry, I only had a P3 and Bunny had the new P4. Numerous items were missing onscreen when I played, as I think the game was optimising so as to still run well on the slower comp. After a rubber dinghy sequence, you can land ashore near a fishing jetty, where a big dead shark is hanging up by the tail from a chain. Well, on my slower P3 I wasn't seeing the shark!
    Months later, when I upgraded to P4 I replayed Far Cry, and when I reached the shark section, I could see the shark hanging on a chain. :yahoo:
    So of course I then wasted many, many hours tormenting it. I found that if you push the shark, it swings back and forth. If you swipe at the shark with a machete it spins around on the chain. Push and swipe gives you a swinging spinning shark. :D
    Shoot the chain and the shark falls onto the deck. Now the real fun starts. A grenade or rocket aimed at the shark flings it along the jetty and into the water. Once in the water, a grenade or rocket aimed under the shark flings it high into the air, performing aerial acrobats as it tumbles.
    I think the furthest I moved the shark was around the coast to where there is a jeep parked. I tried to get the shark into the jeep, but had to settle for seeing it beside the jeep on the beach. :hehe:

Crazy stuff I know, but to me this is the sign of a really great game - that it allows you to do unusual or funny things, exploring the game behaviour, and making you not want to exit because you are having so much fun playing. :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  4. Most funny thing to do with shark is in multiplayer mode.
    If someone hides behind the shark use the shotgun on the shark and your oponent will receive a violent hit from the shark which pushes him some meters away, and therefor out of his coverage :hehe:

• Like Like x 6

5. Of course Bunny, cos it just wouldn't be EU if we didn't have to pay LOL:D

• Like Like x 5
  6. Lol shark abuse

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.