Event Partner Proposal

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Feb 2, 2011.

1. == Please note that this offer is not valid until further notice, we will evaluate the offer and change the tread when we have decided on a new approach ==

Dear Entropia Universe Event Managers

The Planets are buzzing with creative events every week, and EntropiaPlanets is gifted with a lot of this activity on the forum already.

We wish to make a proposal to the EU Event Managers for more organized coverage and activity with events - and even more focus on all those very special events being held.

The E-team has been brainstorming on an agreement between Event Managers and EntropiaPlanets. We have come up with a written Event Partner Agreement where it's visible to all and presents mutually beneficial terms between EntropiaPlanets and Event Managers as outlined below.

As an Event Partner with EntropiaPlanets, we offer the following:

- A personal event section with a name of your choice on the forum (some have that already here: Entropia Services)
    - A private forum section you can use for your event team - to use for brainstorming for example
    - You will be asked if you are interested in a private All Event Managers forum to brainstorm collectively - and where you perhaps can even cooperate with each other to make sure all events will have nice spots, not be on same time etc. ( I know some are working together in this manner today)
    - You will be offered a running top banner on EP for free - which you can replace as you like.
    - You will get one free add in the EntropiaTimes Magazine per year, and a 10% discount on all other ads in the EntropiaTimes magazine
    - You will get free coverage of events, which will be shown on the front page of EP (though, not all your events, and it's depending on the EP staff availability and the frequency and originality of your events)*
    - You will receive 50 PED per month as an event donation**

* Alternatively you can provide us with some lines/words/pictures about the event and we will write an article about it.
    ** The PED donation for the events will be paid a month in arrears, and only if the Event Manager's part of the agreement has been kept. The donation will be 50 PED per Event Manager Agreement, not per event ;)

EU Event Manager's Reciprocal Agreement:

- All events will be posted on EntropiaPlanets first, and the other forums after
    - You as an Event Manager Partner will mention EntropiaPlanets in your event threads when advertising
    - You will mention EntropiaPlanets to others, and mention EP when promoting your events in game

This agreement should be a win-win situation - EP will do its part to uphold our part of the agreement and have an expectation that each EU Event Manager Partner will do the same.

All Event Partners will be offered the same basic agreement as shown above. We are of course very open for suggestions that expand or enhance the agreement that satisfies all parties involved.

As a Planet Partner with a forum we offer the following:

We wish to help the different planets in our universe succeed, and as such, we offer each planet forum the opportunity to post the front page coverage articles from EntropiaPlanets on their own front pages if the event is being held on their planet. Only reference will be a small notice at the bottom of the article saying: 'Originally posted on EntropiaPlanets.'

So far, Arkadia Planet www.Arkadiaforum.com has become a partner in this agreement, and will also promote the events even further, helping to keep the community together across 'boarders' of the forums and planets.

----------------------------

List of participating event organizers:

BIG Industries
    In charge of BIG Industries: Meculus from Odysseus Unbound

Rocktropia Event Committee?

In Charge of REC: Narfi from Lost Renegades

Omegaton Event Services (OES)
    In charge of OES: Sidney from Irken Invaders

Chrome Event Service
    In charge is: Chrome

List of Participating Planet Partner Forums:

Planet Arkadia (www.arkadiaforum.com)

----------------------------

If you are interested in becoming an EU Event Manager Partner, please send me a PM.

If you, as a Planet Partner with a forum are interested in joining the special front page agreement, please also send me a PM and I will add you on the list ^^ .

Happy Eventing :)
    On behalf of the EP Crew

Lykke

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
  2. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Isn't it against the rules to pay with PEDs for out of the game service?

3. Ozi

Ozi Planet Arkadia - CEO

Seems like a great initiative Lykke. Feel free to advertise this on our forum.

Events are definitely some of the most fun to be had within Entropia. It can be a tough job managing events, especially over the long term, so I think it's really helpful that Event Managers get all the support possible.

4. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

An event is not an out of the game service :) And we don't PAY - we DONATE ;)

Thanks Ozi, will do when I come home tonight ^_^

5. Lykke TheNun

Updated first post with an extended offer for Planet Partners with forums :)

6. Very nice idea :)
    Good luck!

7. Interesting :)

I'll address some specific points as my first thoughts on this:

This sounds great. I tried to do this a long time ago using the social group feature on EF, but the (lack of) functionality of the social groups made it difficult and ultimately unused. A private forum here should be a better way to do it.

Yay free money :D Will there be specific requirements regarding how this PED is used? Would it be acceptable to, for example, save up 6 months worth of donations to use as a 300 PED prize in one event?

This is a tricky one. EP is great, and growing, but for Calypso-based event managers, PCF remains the number one external advertising tool, purely due to the number of people that can be reached. When you say "after", is 5 seconds after acceptable? Is a generic EP mention (something like "Thanks to EntropiaPlanets for supporting this event" at the bottom of every OP) sufficient?

8. Two good points here by Oleg. Some event organizers do several events a month... others such as myself only plan to do a community event once every 6-8 weeks. How will that affect the EP ped donation to the Event Manager?

Also, you may want to provide a "generic" sponsor or support statement as suggested by Oleg, maybe in conjunction with the use of your banner when an Event Manager promotes an event on another forum. Something like...

Hey y'all, come on down and hop into the fray during Jimmy Jack's Chirpie BBQ event on Corinth Beach! 250 PED goes to the person who cooks the most Chirpies with a Rocket Launcher!

Thank you to EntropiaPlanets.com for supporting this event.

[​IMG]

9. Lykke TheNun

The money is your money, it's a donation - and I'm sure it will contribute to the events one way or another :) And how you want to use them is up to you. We mostly want to try and create a mutually beneficial situation of some sort.

The Event Partner Agreement should be a win-win agreement, meaning; we certainly will help out whereever we can, but it ought to be a two-way traffic deal.

One way to do it, which would be of no cost for you, is to ask you to post your events on EP first, and wait, say, an hour, before posting it elsewhere - regardless of which Planet the event is meant for. EP actually gets lots of pageviews, even though it seems more quiet than PCF. Another option would be posting the event here, then announcing it elsewhere, and direct people to sign up for the event on EP.

The other way to help us is to mention EntropiaPlanets. Writing 'Thanks to EntropiaPlanets for supporting this event in the bottom, as long as it's visible (as opposed to hidden somewhere obscure in small print).

To answer Chrome, while I'm at it: Even if you only make one event once a month, we will definitlely be happy to support you. Of course this rule will have to be polished more than I have done it now, because we are not paying Event Managers who make only one event - and then nothing for the next 3 months, and still want money. Any ideas here would be nice, but I will be tempted to change the line to:

You recieve 50 PED at the end of a month, where you had an event.

Meaning, you need to have had at least one event in a month, to be able to recieve the donation for that month.

----------------

Let me state once again that this is new to us as well. We wish to do something extra, but of course we would hope for something in return too - mostly loyalty :) We strongly believe in mutually beneficial partnerships, where 1 + 1 ends up equalling 3.

10. OK thanks for the reply Lykke, I will run this around my head some more and see if I can come up with other thoughts or questions, and think about how this could fit in with what Rag and I already do :)

11. Lykke TheNun

Thanks Oleg :)

We are working on a small 'Event Partner' icon, which can be shown in the thread somewhere to show that EntropiaPlanets supports the events. More about this later :)

12. Thanks for the initiative Lykke. Event promoters definately need this kind of help - it's a darn hard job.

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

We're working on an intiative that hopefully will make things even easier for you, but I have no concrete ETA on that one yet :(

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

15. Lykke TheNun

Thank you for all the pm's & support so far :)

For those in the Event Partner Agreement, here's an icon you can use in the threads:

[​IMG]

16. Lykke TheNun

Has been told some wish to use the signature banner I have in my siggie. Which is also fine.

Remember to PM me to get your piece of the deal ;)

It is very easy and everybody wins - no one looses!

17. Asking this because I assume the question will crop up at some point; how much does it cost to advertise in the magazine (I assume you mean Entropia Times) normally?

18. Lykke TheNun

Yes, I'm refering to the EntropiaTimes Magazine (the only magazine in game atm I believe ;) ) - and the same I mentioned in the list of offers to the Event Partner.

The price for advertising depends on the size of your ad. There's something for every PEDcard. It is possible to see the sizes and prices in the last pages of each magazine.

To take one of the most common ads (the ones you find in the links section in the magazine, nearly at the end) the price would be: 88,5mm width x 62mm height = finished material 75 PED /with graphic set up + 75 PED.

On this, as an Event Partner, you will recieve a 10 % discount.

19. Lykke TheNun

After reviewing the proposal, we polished up the agreement.

Event Partners will get:

- You will get one free add in the EntropiaTimes Magazine per year, and a 10% discount on all other ads in the EntropiaTimes magazine

And I removed the part stating, you have to advertise at least once per year :)

------------

Also updated the list of Partners so far.

Hope to see more ^_^

20. Lykke TheNun

Another event partner joined us :)

Welcome to:

Omegaton Event Services (OES)
    In charge of OES: Sidney from Irken Invaders

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.