EntropiaPlanets presents: Teleporter tracker

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Jul 25, 2010.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Following the release of our popular Mission Tracker, we are proud to present you with yet another way to keep track of your progress within the Entropia Universe, namely a way to keep track of which teleporters you discovered, and to determine which ones you have yet to pin on your map. Enter the EntropiaPlanets Teleporter Tracker. You can find the Teleporter Tracker by directly navigating to www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/teleporters.php, or otherwise by checking the EP Tools menu in your navigation bar at the top of the forum.

For those of you who have already used our mission tracker, the Teleporter Tracker should feel familiar to you. The teleporter tracker will show a list of all the teleporters that we are aware of (should we have missed any, feel free to point that out). Clicking the linked names will take you straight to the EntropiaPlanets Wiki page for that teleporter/planet/continent.

We have divided the list based on which planet in the Entropia Universe a teleporter can be found on, and distinguished between the different continents (or, in the case of ROCKTropia, zones).

We have also taken the opportunity to add a bit of functionality to the Teleporter Tracker that was suggested in the Entropia Missions Tracker discussion thread. Specifically, we have added functionality that allows you to select how many items you want to see per page. Default, this will be set to 25, but there are options to change it to 50, 100 or even 150. Whatever value you will enter here will be applied for both the Mission Tracker as well as the Teleporter Tracker, and whichever other tools we will add in the near future. The format of the dates has also been altered slightly.

Furthermore, we have added a function that allows you to select whether you want to limit the list of items displayed to only those you have not marked yet. In other words, if you only want to see the Teleporters you have not marked as discovered yet, simply check the box, and it will be so. This functionality is specific to the tracker. So if you set it in the Teleporter Tracker, that will not be reflected in the Mission Tracker. This is deliberate, as you might have different uses dependant on the tool.

You will also find an option that allows you to correct a possible mistake you made. So if you happened to register the wrong teleporter, you can now fix this yourself (you will have to ensure you also see the Teleporters you already discovered for this to work, though).

Lastly, the Teleporters that are automatically registered for every account (at this very moment that is Port Atlantis, Port Atlantis Mall, New Oxford and Treasure Island City) will automatically be registered for you when you first access the tool.

I will leave you to test this functionality in the Teleporter Tracker. If no bugs are found, the same changes will be incorporated into the Mission Tracker next weekend (or maybe even earlier). If you do discover a bug, or have a suggestion for additional functionality, please feel free to report it here, and we will handle it ASAP.

One last note is that not all the wiki pages linked to might contain data just yet. We are but a small crew of Wiki editors, and the amount of data required to fully document Entropia Universe is massive. Should you not mind, feel free to help us out. We created a public joinable group called the Wiki Wookies. You can find this by going into your User CP, selecting Groups and Memberships, and then applying for the group.

Within the group, the editing of the wiki will be coordinated and divided into managable chunks, so we can actually tick off certain milestones every now and then. As a reward, you will gain a neat little Wiki Wookie banner in your profile, and you will be privy to certain small benefits, similar to those of full-blown Wiki Gurus (See the EntropiaPlanets subscription thread for a detailed list), with the difference that while Wiki Guru memebership is permanent, you will have to make a small number of edits every month to remain entitled to the Wiki Wookie priviledges.

We hope you will enjoy this new little feature of our forum :tiphat:

Enjoy.

The EntropiaPlanets staff

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Well how damn cool is that ... this place just continues to impress me more and more, and I hope that others will join us in expanding the Wiki. Just can't have enough on the super Wiki information highway. I also really like the convenience of having it integrated with the forum, along with the trackers. You're spoiling us, you know. :biggrin:

3. This is why I enjoy EP more than EF, things seem to happen here.
    Compared to EF where everything is still the same, all the time.. :(

I <3 EP Staff!

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

That's great :thumbup: ... then stay tuned, because I think the community will be quite pleased with what's going to come out of this place going forward. :biggrin:

5. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Very nice!
    Maybe add the possibility to select multiple tp's, so you can mark them all at once.

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Good idea :) I'll add it to my list, though I will instantly admit that I have a few other things I need to handle first. But I will defintily keep it in mind and work on adding this down the road :)

7. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Everything on its time ;) you're doing a great job here!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.