EntropiaPlanets presents: Forum-game: Conquest - BETA!

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A request to everyone:

Please check your offense/defense history.
    If you have more than 30 entries there, the forum should automatically display that little page numbers thingie you have on threads longer than 1 page.
    As i debugged the page turning for the comments, i saw these may be bugged, too, but i cannot test it atm w/o dablling around with the history tables in the database - so please check both history pages, everyone, and let me know if the page turning is there and whether it works!

Many TIA :)

2. Yep its there and working fine for me :)

3. Ok, thx for checking :)

And on a sidenote:
    You attack or be attacked a lot more than me, "just no pacifist" or "poor victim"? ;)

4. I have spent far too much time attacking and spying and failing :alcohol:

5. Announcement: Forum integration

The "About EntropiaPlanets" forum now contains 3 private subforums, as a replacement for the integrated mini-forums in conquest system.

Of course you will be only able to see the contents of the subforum when you are a member of the corresponding nation.

This offers the full forum functionality for the nations internal communication, but the most obvious advantage of this addition is that you will find new posts from other members as a "bumped" thread on your "New posts" list.

New members will automatically join the associated nations member group and gain access to the subforum, the current members were all updated and should have access as of now.

Should you experience problems, i.e. not being able to see your nations subforum, please file a bug report - or just send me a PM.

6. Game upgrade

The conquest game is subject to upgrades at the moment.

In particular, the cycles are stopped while we implement a more reliable solution, but you may experience other irregularities while we work on it - this affects the time based cycle system only, all other actions are available and will work as usual, worst case scenario will be an aborted action due to error, but the costs of that action (gold, troops, cycles) will not subtracted from your account either, so simply try a bit later when you run into an error.

I'd like to stress that EVERYONEs cycles are stopped, so there are no advantages/disadvantages for any of the nations.

I will post here when the upgrade is complete (~1-2 hours, including testing), thx for your patience.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

The upgrade including test has been completed successfully, the system is back to normal.

Approx. 0.3 cycles have been lost during the update, for everyone.

The cycle will have now EXACT 60 minutes, the divergence has been corrected.

In an attempt to distribute the server load more evenly, the cycle has now been scheduled to take place at 20 minutes past every full hour (and xx:50 in case the cycle time will be reduced to 30 min at some point) - i think everyone should be fine with that timing, suggestions are nonetheless welcome.

Please keep an eye on the cycles/gold/troops awarded.
    If you experience any irregularities, please help us improve the system further by filing a bug report or PM me.

Thanks for your patience, please take also not of the following:

The old system did NOT make your spies desert you, even tho it did announced it - for now, it will stay like this, but it will be corrected somewhere in the future, so please make sure you have enough gold on your account for your spies, or the system will reduce their numbers accordingly - this may be implemented w/o further warning!!

7. I want to try this where do you sign up?

8. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

kewl so back to the slow gathering of muskets n plated steel, i was forced to sell the furrs and stabbys due to animal activists paintin my fellas red aal the time... o wait NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they realy died, it wasnt paint attalll its a nasty called wizzzz killin ehm thousends a day :cry:

MAnn the castle walls reload the muskets slap on the plated steel plates diner thingys .... ehm ill be back :viking:

9. Joser

Joser asphinctersayswhat

Ok. I have to call shenanigans again. How is it that I wasn't able to attack people because they were deemed too weak, yet narfi with over 8k troops was able to attack me at my 1k troop count? How does that function? I was at 8k and couldn't even attack someone at 6k.:banghead: Now I get an 80% troop loss because some loophole was found? Baloney!

10. narfi

narfi Lost

You attacked me yesterday, which allows me to attack you today regardless of your size. You don't think I'm going to let you attack me multiple days in a row without retaliating do you?

Because "retaliation" is a common feature of games like this, our nation assumed and tested that it was possible early on in the game. I assumed everyone knew about it, sorry. (was thinking about hitting you twice to see if I could remove all chance of you attacking me again, but felt merciful :P )

gl and have fun, (I'm assuming this game is about over and we will have a new one soon)

narfi

ps. your welcome to retaliate against my retaliation if you want :P

11. You can't attack people that are < roughly 2/3rd of your troop count (trust me, i've tried this way more often than you - and from my PoV, most of you can be happy it is like that, muaahahaaa), exception to the rule being people you've attacked first - if you attack someone, he has a certain "retaliation period" during which he can attack you back, regardless of you being "deemed too weak" under "normal" conditions.
    If you "first strike" was successful or not doesn't matter, your opponent will have that "retaliation period" either way.

And the battle logs tell a slightly different story:
    You didn't lose those 8K troops in a single attack, you wasted most of your troops in attacks on people with a very high Defense Rate...

I had a quick glance only tho, to not gain any unfair advantage - if you care to post (or PM) the Offense/Defense Logs i can have a closer look, but so far, the system is working as intended and you just had some very bad luck at picking your opponents (it is a bit surprising tho to see that you went down to 136 from (iirc) ~9K troops).

12. Joser

Joser asphinctersayswhat

The retaliation period thing makes sense. I attacked once or twice when I was up around 9k. Then I started distributing troops around the rest of the nation to drop down into the 1k mark. Your statement about the quick glance thing makes sense otherwise you would have seen that.

Edit: and if you're going to bother going through the logs... be smart and go through them. Don't make dumb statements because you half-ass something. MOST of my troops were distributed. I did lose about 2k making dumb attacks.

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Nice strategy to hit someone and and then give troops to someone else so they can't attack you due to the too weak rule ;)

I wonder what John BD would say about this. Maybe some smarties became soo smart their cleverness backfired red paint unto thousands of them. Only 100 or so remain free of this "Smart Villagar" disease.

14. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

meh i would say try everything u can to find flaws, it is a beta afterall, just share your findings so it can be altered or not :D

atm im hovering around wizz's attack limmit investing slowly in armor and muskets to see if i can eventualy climb out and be victorious or that the game gets rather stuck when 2 oponents seem to have theyr numbers maxed.

still itl take a loooong while to seee if that works, i do however wonder when your vilage is deemed destroyed couse by the way i look at it it seems imposible to be "dead/game over"

15. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

True I don't think it's possible to loose a village. You just have your troops reduced. There is also no "in" condition set i.e. it seems to run indefinately and you can't win or loose

16. No, that's not possible, when the next cycle is due, you troop count will be set to s certain minimum value.
    Altho we might consider that in the future ;)

Don't feel too save there, i know how to lower my troop count, too... :D

17. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

hmm and maybe to keep the system relatively clean something could be done like delete and inactive player vilages if inacive for say 4 weeks or so.

now if any forum member makes a village and leaves it there to croak and go stinky itl stay there stinking up for ever.

MK 819369 Troops:drool: send me a pile o coin to pawn wizzz and be the first defector in the game looooool:tiphat:......... o did i just think out loud?

18. Yes, i've planned something like that already, i think it will come sooner or later - but you should be aware that this is pretty much the only "easy" source of income for players who just joined the game...

Dream on.

And, Soul Calibur is pawning your asses with only 9 members (you have 14 & 15)...

I expect your unconditional capitulation within the next 24 hours ;)

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Ok, whoever has more time than me (and a good graphics card) can earn 5000 EPD and eternal fame (and maybe some extra super surprise prize, like a free forum subscription for EP, in case i can talk Peter into that ;) ) by the following:

We need ingame pictures of the following mobs:
    1. Argos
    2. Foul
    3. Molisk
    4. Feffs
    5. Maffs
    And maybe one optional screenshot of a mutant of your choice (boorum, or pvp4 mutants, please no developed mutants, like Thori/Thora/-foids)

The will be used for conquest game, and changed when we restart the game - file dimension have to be 200*240 (width*height), and all the mutants need to be the same size on the image (min 50% of the image height), which means you got to go closer to a molisk, as they are smaller - or pick a really really fat one :D

There should be no other game elements visible on the images (like the mob title, health bar, action icons, your weapon, other players.... or other things not belonging to a "wilderness" shot.

If multiple people deliver a full set of valid images, we will decide internally which one we like best, and who (maybe all) receive which prize (we may mix the image sets, to have the best results)

19. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

i do wonder where u get that gold loot from wizz as my villagers dont have it im even sure i saw them trading sheep for cows and another even traded his pig for a wife ... (the foool) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.