EntropiaPlanets - now running on XenForo 1.1

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Nov 22, 2011.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

And now, a word from our Geek :geek: .

In April this year, we made the switch from vBulletin to XenForo, after the vBulletin 4 suite proving to be a lemon (upgrading was pretty much a process of spending countless hours testing, rewriting custom code, and redoing custom styling, and then praying nothing would break during the actual live upgrade). In comparison, XenForo has proven to us to be much more leight-weight on server resources, much faster, much more user-friendly, and overall, in my humble opinion, a pleasure to use and administrate.

XenForo 1.0.0 lacked a few features, but with 1.1.0, the creators Kier and Mike (and their marketing guy Ashley) have outdone themselves. We have consistently been running the 1.1. beta releases, all of which proved to be far more robust than any of the vBulletin 4 actual releases we used while on that platform. There were some minor issues, but overall, the platform has been as stable as a forum-owner could wish for.

XenForo 1.1 was released today, and upgrading was, as always, a breeze. This strengthens my belief that we made the right choice when we switched to XenForo.

We will continue exploring new add-ons and modifications as they become available, in order to ensure that EntropiaPlanets will continue providing you with a cutting-edge forum experience.

The next fairly major project on my to-do list will be upgrading our EntropiaPlanets Wiki to the new version, which currently is in Release Candidate 1, and which we expect to be released soon-ish as well.

END OF MESSAGE. Geek out. :tiphat:

• Like Like x 4
  2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Nice job P. thought you were upgrading when I could not access the forum. Upgrade was fast, so as you said probably went easy peasy. Thanx !

• Like Like x 1
  3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I really love this forum environment, and it just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the time that you devote toward making this the best environment experience possible. It IS quite user-friendly and a pleasure to hang out here. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Is good, yes!! :biggrin:

5. Reporting a bug, there is some white shit on top of my window!

6. MindStar9

Ignore her ... she's been in Florida too long! :whistling:

7. MindStar9

Awww ... stop pouting and go decorate a palm tree! :hug:

8. LOL are you kidding! Its too early to start decorating! I hate when they bring out Christmas stuff right after Halloween.
    [​IMG]

And btw that snow drift on my window is covering my alerts :)

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well we have these guys first on the 5th of December and already all the x-mass stuff is in the shops

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.