EntropiaPlanets forum structure changes

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Sep 26, 2010.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

As stated in our announcement, we are currently in the process of restructuring the forums. This move is a direct result of feedback we received from the community that our forum structure was overly complicated.

We hope that the new structure will be more intuitive and user friendly to everyone :)

I will use subsequent posts to list all the changes as I make them. I am taking precautions to hopefully ensure that every bookmark you might happen to have to an existing thread will continue to work automatically, so you should not be ending up with messages telling you the the link you followed was incorrect, other than if you would happen to try and access something exactly in the minute I applied changes. If that happens to be the case, refreshing should do the trick.

Should you still experience problems, please do let me know :)

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I and the entire EntropiaPlanets staff are confident that this move will be a change for the better. Short-term, it might mean some headache, but in the long run, we all ought to be able to benefit from it.

Cheers!

Peter
    EntropiaPlanets.com

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The main sections under the individual categories have mostly been organized/sorted based on logical approach. In sub forums under the main sections, we mostly employed an alphabetical aproach.

Changes to forum structure:

EntropiaPlanets
    * The "Information" category has been renamed to "EntropiaPlanets".
    * The "EntropiaPlanets Wiki" forum has moved from under "About EntropiaPlanets" directly under the main "EntropiaPlanets" category.
    * A link to the EntropiaPlanets Wiki has been added.

Entropia Universe
    * The News section has been renamed to "Entropia News" and has been moved under the Entropia Universe section.
    * The Entropia Press section has been renamed to "Entropia Universe in the Press".
    * The MindArk forum has been moved under the Entropia Universe section.
    * The "Achievements" forum has been moved from the Planet Calypso section to the Entropia Universe General section.

Entropia Community
    * The "Social" section under Entropia Universe General has been renamed to "Entropia Community".
    * A "General Entropia Universe Discussion" forum has been added to the Entropia Community section.
    * "Soc-Talk" has been renamed to "Entropia Societies".
    * "Greetings/Helloes" and "Goodbyes" have been consolidated into "Greetings, Hello and Goodbye".

Guides and Help
    * The "Noobies" forum has been renamed to "Guides and Help".
    * "Noobies Misc" has been renamed to "Beginners forum".
    * "Tutorials" has been renamed to "Tutorials, Guides and Help".
    * "Adopt a Newbie" has been renamed to "Adopt a Newbie Foundation".

Professions and Skills
    * A new "Professions and Skills" section was added under the "General Entropia Universe" section. This section will contain all the previous professions and skills from the "Planet Calypso section". From now on, the individual planet sections will only contain information about skills and professions specific to that planet (Like in the case of Next Island, time travel).
    * A tiering section has been added.

Entropia Items
    * A new section for generic Entropia Universe Items was added. From now on, please use this section for discussion of any items that are found throughout the entire Entropia Universe.
    * "Calypso Vehicles" was renamed to "Entropia Vehicles" and moved under Entropia Items.

Entropia Media
    * All threads in "Gamer's Zone Radio" haves been moved under the Entropia Media section. The Gamer's zone radio section has been discontinued.
    * A new forum has been added for "Atlas Haven Radio".
    * A new forum has been addeed for the "Entropia Star".
    * All threads in the "videos" subforum have been moved under the Entropia Media section. The videos section has been discontinued.

Entropia Tools
    * "Entropia Tools" now has its very own category. Creators of tools are welcome to contact us for getting a dedicated subsection for their tools.

Entropia Services
    * A new section called "Entropia Services" has been added. People offering services are welcome to contact us for getting a dedicated subsection for their services.
    * "Events" has been renamed to Entropia Events and has been moved under the "Entropia Services" section.
    * All threads from the "ROCKMEdia and Events" section were moved under "Entropia Events". The ROCKMedia and Events section has been discontinued.
    * A subforum was added for "Oleg's events".

Entropia Platform
    * A new section has been created for discussion of the general Entropia Platform.
    * Entropia Law has been renamed to Entropia Leg.
    * "Technical, security and bug reports" has been moved under the "Entropia Platform" section.
    * "Wishlist" has been moved under the "Entropia Platform" section.

Off-Topic
    * All threads from the "Hardware" section were moved to "Off-topic". The hardware section has been discontinued.

Featured Forums
    * Our "Featured Forums" has been moved from the Planet Calypso section to a dedicated section of its own.

Planet Calypso Items
    * All threads from the "Planet Calypso Items Reviews" section were moved under "Planet Calypso Items". The item reviews section has been discontinued.
    * All threads from the "Planet Calypso Weapons" section were moved under "Planet Calypso Items". The Weapons section has been discontinued.
    * All threads from the "Planet Calypso Armour" section were moved under "Planet Calypso Items". The Armour section has been discontinued.
    * All threads from the "Planet Calypso Furnishing/Decoration" section were moved under "Planet Calypso Items". The Furnishing/Decoration section has been discontinued.

Planet Calypso Flora and Fauna
    * All threads from the "Planet Calypso Mobs" section were moved under "Planet Calypso Flora and Fauna". The Planet Calypso Mobs section has been discontinued.
    * All threads from the "Planet Calypso Flora" section were moved under "Planet Calypso Flora and Fauna". The Planet Calypso Flora section has been discontinued.

ROCKtropia
    * All threads from the "ROCKtropia News" section were moved under "ROCKtropia General". The ROCKtropia News section has been discontinued.
    * All threads from the "ROCKtropia Maps and Locations" section were moved under "ROCKtropia General". The ROCKtropia Maps and Locations section has been discontinued.
    * The other subforums under the ROCKtropia section were reshuffled to have their order reflect the new generic Planet Partner structure.

Other Games
    * All threads from the "Virtual Law" section were moved under "Miscellaneous Other Games". The Virtual Law section has been discontinued.

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Also reserved...

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I think that about wraps it up. If all went well, all links still ought to work, as I tried ensuring proper redirecting was in place. Should you find anything missing, please do not hesitate to inform me ASAP of it. I will also watch the Google services with a keen eye to try and identify potential trouble if it pops up.

Your feedback, as always, is appreciated. Let us know if you think the new setup is more intuitive or not, or what you might be missing. If you offer a tool or a service, and will be able to post regular updates, also feel free to give me a buzz, and I can hook you up with a dedicated section on here, similar to what was implemented for Oleg's Events and the Entropia Star today :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.