Entropians use the Oculus Rift for Entropia 8-O !!!

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Wistrel, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Cool! Someone has done it! Now all I have to do is convince my friend to lend me his rift so I can try it out :D
    A tutorial is posted here showing the settings used. I'm hoping to hear a bit more about how the experience is and if the red/cyan 3d can be used at all? (I've done this anamorphic 3d method on my PC with a standard monitor and it was buggy but epic - but took around 10 mins for brain to adjust to it).

The creator of the utility explains how it can be used here

There is also another bit of software that may work similarly. Maybe someone who has a rift could try that too?

Also on the rift in general, this is the best video I have seen to get an indication of what the experience is like as they film from inside the headset using a smartphone. The low res and what not, when I watched it full screen did actually make me feel a little sick. Still good to know what to expect. The vid is cool anyhow.

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ah I was hoping to test it without a rift but no cigar. Just fails with no rift error. Over to the guy with the rift. Could you try the smart phone method of recording? Oh and red/cyan 3d is available in the driver settings on a geforce card over a certain spec

3. Just saw this, want me to do this still? I made the tutorial

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'll PM you about Rift stuff ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.