Entropia Universe Version Update 9.3 Application

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Burgerman, May 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Entropia Universe Version Update 9.3 Application
    20 May 2008

The Entropia Universe is being updated with VU 9.3. Please read the Content List for further details.

Content List VU 9.3

ENTROPIA UNIVERSE VERSION UPDATE 9.3
    2008-05-20

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT! ***

VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

CryENGINE®2 Update
    The adaptation process of the CryENGINE®2 continues at full speed. We have completed the internal development of avatar, clothing and armor shaders that deliver Crysis visual quality without compromising the variation and participant customization features of Entropia Universe. A comprehensive restructuring of Entropia's infrastructure has also been completed as a prerequisite for CryENGINE®2. This restructuring is included with this version update but should not be noticeable to any great degree at this point.

Textures and animations are being updated during the conversion process, and when seen in new internal environments utilizing the day and night cycle and different weather effects, the results are truly spectacular.

We will soon be releasing the first screenshots and film sequences from the new system.

Rx Base
    Before being defeated during their latest sortie on Calypso, a small Rx Surveying Group did manage to construct a make shift base of operations in PvP 1. The improvised structure can now be seen and will surely be the site of many a tussle between invading Rx Units and Calypso's defenders.

Entropia Guides
    A new immigration building has been constructed at the landing zone in Port Atlantis. The official Entropia Guides will administer the new building providing tips, info and event details for new arrivals to Entropia Universe.

Localization
    Entropia Universe is now officially available in German, French and Spanish language versions. Make your language choice from the Options panel of the Client Loader.

An Avatar Info option has been added to the System category of the Action Library. Once opened, this panel allows you to choose how you wish to publicly display your avatar name.

Graphics
    The skills panel has received a make over.
    Signposts have been placed at popular junctions on Treasure Island.
    New graphical design for the 'Exit Entropia' panel.
    Numerous small graphical improvements to mobile centers and various outposts e.g. the auctioneer area of mobile centers and vegetation in Twin Peaks.
    Mineral refiner and energy refiner have been redesigned.
    Avatar eye movement has been introduced.

Emotes
    Nine new avatar postures have been added to the Action Library.

Species Attributes
    The Feffoid, Atrox, Aurli, Combibo, Kreltin and Maffoid species' attributes have been rebalanced making for more challenging prey. For further details please visit the Developers Blog section of the Entropia Universe website.

Technician
    The Weapons (Vol. III) blueprint book has been added to the Technician.

Blueprints
    Blueprints can now be dropped on any page of the relevant blueprint book. The book will automatically open the right page and the slot will flash briefly.

Quick menu added to blueprints including Item Info and Market Value options.

Auction
    Items bought at the Trade Terminal (TT) can no longer be sold at the auction.
    Markup information has been included in the order expired message.

Ad Terminals
    Ad Terminals have been added to the auction rooms of all three shopping malls.

Chat
    Chat history has been extended from 64 to 200 lines.
    Chat scroll bar no longer resets when new text appears in chat window.

Item Info
    When attaching/detaching items, an open Item Info panel is updated.

Mentorship
    New rewards have been added to the Mentor program.

Items
    A range of new items have been added and are waiting to be discovered including new items celebrating Entropia's five year anniversary. Wooden 'boards' can now be refined and the refined materials used in crafting processes.

A new memorial has been added to Memorial Island.

Music
    New music has been added for your adventures on Calypso.

Technical
    Client memory optimizations resulting in 25%-50% less memory needed in client.
    Network optimizations through reduced data transmission.

Other Enhancements
    • Pressing ESC during a make up session only exits the current tool application. All previously applied make up is preserved.
    • Storage container weight and item count are correctly calculated.
    • Scopes are now visible on all weapons again.
    • Additional space added to scroll end of Inventory and Storage for easy addition of items.
    • Society skill leader board no longer includes suspended members' skills.
    http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/107398.html

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5078.html

• Like Like x 6
  2. The Feffoid, Atrox, Aurli, Combibo, Kreltin and Maffoid species' attributes have been rebalanced making for more challenging prey.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: not impressed at all if its anything like what happened to Allo, Esto and Ambu

3. As long as they give loot accordingly I am definitely ok with making mobs harder. Guess this is inevitable, they need to balance it as people are getting more and more skilled.

At a first glance, it looks like a great VU to me. But I get a feeling this many goodies must be to make up for something else... :hehe:

4. its not the fact they r harder but it makes them boring to kill
    ever tried Aurli or Kreltin ? doubt it , these certainly do not need any help
    You really think Atrox Stalker needs to be harder to kill ?

5. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Woohoo my Armax have excaped the upgrade hehehe. We will all be back to killing snables soon, VERY SOON :mad:

6. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

And to think, I went on a Feffoid hunt just yesterday. I wonder if I will still be able to take out a Champion or if that is now out the question until I skill up some more. I hope to be back in-game tomorrow though as I may not be able to log-in today.:(

I guess that means a new blog update...its about time anyway.;)

7. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

I thought Aurli gained increased crit hit ability last VU. So now aurli are made harder yet again?

Let's just go hunt Marco instead. :hehe:

8. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

Well if loots improve because of it then I am all for it! But if not it´s just what MA does and we accept!;)

9. Yes, they will probably get more boring to kill for many. It sure is frustrating if you have skilled for a long time to be able to utilize a weapon good enough to be able to kill a particular mob, and all of a sudden it is not possible anymore. But as I said, I guess they must keep making the mobs harder and harder because people get more and more skilled.

Hehe no, Atrox Stalker probably won't need any adjustment, but I guess they felt that the Trox family as a whole needs to get harder. Probably the same thing with Aurlis and Kreltins, too many were starting to be able to kill them. Only speculations from my side of course, but I think this is how it works.

10. Kets

How much input do the UBER players have on which MOBs are 'rebalanced'? Wouldn't it make more sense to increase the tenacity and ferocity of the CP and perhaps the CND resident beasts and leave the planetside species a little less challenging, especially for newer players and those of us who don't convert our entire paycheck to PEDs? Just a thought.

If the MOBs become too tough, it limits the mining locations as well, as I have noticed with the max Mermoth that inhabit Myrene island now...previously, one of my favorite places to go.

I know, I know...you all think that I've joined the ranks of the 'whiners' now...Hmmm...perhaps I should establish a new Soc...The Whiny Calypsians...anyone interested in coming aboard.

11. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

We get more skilled so that we can kill the mobs.
    The smart thing for MA to do is make MORE bigger mobs that require the higher skills, and make mobs that you can kill too easily loot less well for you. That way there is always a positive reason to keep skilling and keep looting.

12. The max maturity on Myrene Island is because of the LandGrab. The society cK Coat Killers won that landarea and chose to make that change. It will all be back to normal after 6 months (think it was something like that), then we can return for the small Mermoths and fine mining :)

13. Kets

Damn cK Coat Killers...I told you they were no good...Your thoughts, Burgerman? :hehe:

14. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Well I am not cK so I cannot comment on their land management, but my personal opinion is that low level mermoths already exist on public land, and hunters enjoy having the range of maturity levels to choose between, so it would be crazy to leave managed land at the same low maturity as in public lands.
    Just as hunters gain skills so as to hunt higher levels of mob, so miners need to gain the skills to survive in more dangerous areas.
    I don't think I have ever heard any serious miners complain about the mob maturities - these miners just get busy skilling and are probably pleased at the reduced number of miners in that area. :D

15. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Members of cK Shadows ( and possibly of cK ) do prowl this forum Kets. ;)
    And they do so enjoy a moving target. :hehe:

" Run Forrest! Run! " :Sniper::hehe:

16. Kets

How about a slow-moving target, such as I?

I like the way you take my dislogic and dispel it with a single stroke of logic. Oh, if only politics and religion were so easily ridiculed.

On an apologetic note...to all the cK-ers whether they be 'Shadows', 'Coat Killers' or the much smaller Soc of 'cK Regular Fellows who-are-just-a-bit-slower-noobier-and-fatter-and-thusly-less-worthy-than-our-more-superior-brethren' please...DON'T SHOOT ME! I'M ONLY A SARCASTIC OLD KOOT WITH A WHOLE BLOG OF NONSENSE TO PROVE IT!

(Do you think they'll fall for that?)

17. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Possibly, but I doubt it. They tend to shoot first and ask questions later. (and they are very accurate shots. ) :hehe:

18. Kets

I was afraid of that.

19. "Avatar Info
    An Avatar Info option has been added to the System category of the Action Library. Once opened, this panel allows you to choose how you wish to publicly display your avatar name. "

Yes yes yes!!!

20. Yirrk

Yirrk Who Speaks for the Earth?

"Item Info
    When attaching/detaching items, an open Item Info panel is updated..."

What does that mean?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.