Entropia VU News: Entropia Universe Version Update 14.3

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Sep 24, 2013.

1. I down loaded the zip file and the same thing happened stopped at 5,18MB, so its not me then, its a problem with them , I guess. I filed a case with support yesterday. thank you

2. sorry to say, streaming with Xsplit no longer works using the Game source (full version of Xsplit). Seems we get a black screen.

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Both 32-bit and 64-bit client? Desktop composition on/off?

4. narfi

narfi Lost

I just started playing with xsplit last night (after the vu yesterday) and both last night and this morning it worked fine using game source (personal edition) and 64bit client.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Interesting..you have the full version and it works? As I said game source is blank now but I can use capture desktop with the great flickering :)

6. narfi

narfi Lost

7. I'll need to check also if there is a 32-bit/64-bit version of xsplit and if I'm using the 32-bit verison?

Edit: if you give it about 3 minutes after you are kicked you will return to were you were kicked. Test that and haven't been relocated all day.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  8. Tass

Tass Administrator

But but but... have you disabled desktop composition? (entropia icon, right-click, properties, compatibility, check box)?

9. yes, I tried it without any luck :(

edit: was the loader I change..so when I went to entropia.exe and try and change it the 64bit has these options grayed out.

Also when I try to add a new game source I get an error that there is no game loaded.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  10. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

and how is the damned thing supposed to work?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. It used to be by pressing K. What it is since the new VU I don't know and haven't tried. Other than that I find login in and general game play is ok although it takes longer to login than with last VU. I'm not getting the creature artifacts either...

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

Info there: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Skill_Progress_panel
    and there: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/skill-progress-panel.9503/

I think the whole thing is a little buggy still.

The "lock selection" doesn't seem to do anything at all. The selection menu seems to contain or not contain professions/skills sporadically or only after you activate them again by a very recent (minutes) skill gain.

Also the need to hover the progress bar to display a popup showing the actual progress is not very 'accessible.'

So imo it's just another 'gimmick' so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. narfi

narfi Lost

I kind of like it. For example it lets me know that at knifefighter hit 48.8 I am gaining about 7% of a level every 1040ped decayed on my blade.

This adds a bit of interest for me in the otherwise slow and booring progression as I recently purchased a blade that is maxed at L55 and am looking forward to grinding these next 6 levels as fast as possible.

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Ok, so with that blade at that level and considering 90% return one level is ~ USD 148.57 :what:

15. narfi

narfi Lost

Correct, and considering the event I am in gives 5-15ped per global bonus (depending on how you value the prizes) and I am averaging 3 globals per run. (sometimes 5 sometimes none) And 'IF' I chose to chip out I am gaining 50ped of skills after esi costs, then It doesnt look so bad.

10% of 1040 = 104ped lost per run
    104ped - 50 skill gains = 54ped lost per run
    54ped - 15(lowest value of global prizes) = 39ped lost per run
    54ped - 45(higher value of global prizes) = 9ped lost per run

I am also accruing about 8ped of defense costs per run on top of this, so about 17 - 47 ped per run that I need to make up with markup.

Now a lot of runs I don't get any markup at all (well a few extractors and tiering components) but others I get guns or ESIs, and looted a Maniquen a couple days ago as well.

All in all I think I'm holding steady, and able to keep rolling the dice for a big one while maintaining my ped card in the process.

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

I've tested http://obsproject.com/ as an alternative. It's open source, free incl. window & game as possible sources, and worked with 64-bit without any issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.