Entropia Universe Skill Up Weekends!

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Finally the major upgrade to Entropia Platform has regained stability and are getting close to deliver the Game Experience we want to share with all participants inside the virtual Universe.

We want to show our deepest appreciation to your patience during this more than wobbly week. We will therefore significantly increase the strength and the chance of getting the automatically triggered Skill Bonus introduced in VU 14.3 during the following two weekends.

First Skill Up Weekend starts Thursday 3/10 10.00 UTC and ends Monday 7/10 10.00 UTC.

Second Skill Up Weekend starts Thursday 10/10 10.00 UTC and ends Monday 14/10 10.00 UTC.

The Skill Bonus Buff symbols will be visible in the Dashboard UI, by default in the lower right part of your screen. Hovering over the symbols will show the Type and Strength of the Skill Bonus you will get during the Buff period. The Buff symbols appearance differ by the kind of Skill Buff you have received.

Our latest client patch (14.3.0.2) includes:

Client stability has been improved for both 32 and 64 bit clients
    Hit box logic has been greatly updated

Source

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

Wool woop!
    Grind grind!

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

So how does that work?
    Skill Bonus Buff Symbols?
    Hunting only or also Mining, Crafting, ... maybe even everything?
    What does trigger them - kills, shots/uses, damage, skill gains?
    How often do you get these bonuses? For how long? How big is the increase?

4. Mhmm...mumble...*yawn*...

-deepest appreciation ? (exorbitant...just naughty...)

-more than wobbly week ? (week(s), months, years...who cares ? Rien ne va plus !)

-significantly increase the strength and the chance ? (Ill SEE it for myself when I log in on the 10th...)

My most sincere condolences to all you oppressed & depressed addicts out there... :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

So for those who didn't know... ie me, there is now something like a "critical hit" but for skills?

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

It seems to be like that:

A skill gain in skill X triggers a "Skill Boost" in that skill.

A Skill Boost is a period of time in which your skill gains are increased for one or maybe even a set of skills like "Laser Weapons" related skills.

The magnitude of the increase is called "Strength", measured in %, and seems to be randomly distributed within a fixed range, I saw "Strengths" between 20-80% so far.

The duration is measured in minutes:seconds, I saw durations between 3 and 10 minutes so far.

Question is: Is a potential skill increase of 20-80% for 3-10 minutes every now and then worth to increase activity on the Skill Up Weekends?

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Next week's CLD results should answer that question, Tass :)

8. Less randomness, more double/triple skill days please. And tons of vehicles...robotology...blah...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Ever saw something given away for "free" without a mob of people going for it?

10. narfi

narfi Lost

strength goes up to at least 120% perhaps 150% from what I have heard now

One guy I was talking to got a scan human one when checkng what textures someone had on some clothes.... was just the 2 of them around so not like he was able to take advantage of that one :D

I got a blp one last night while tagging, fortunately I had a blp gun on me and had brought enough tagging ammo that I was able to switch to blp for the 5 minutes it was active.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. narfi

narfi Lost

Someone has reported 0% strength so the range looks like it might be 0-150%

And over 13 minutes for length, not sure what the lowest people have gotten is.

12. I think its humiliating to add skill-bonus-days on top of a f*cked up hitbox "update". But I guess the 330k loot already calmed the waves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.