Entropia Support News: Entropia Universe Patch 14.7.4.1

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Jul 7, 2014.

1. ComPet Deeds are now available on the Entropia Universe global auction via the PC client, and via the Virtual Tycoon Android app.

More information about the ComPet App:
    • The ComPet App will provide new business opportunities for MindArk, and will help to grow the Entropia Universe user base.
    • The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.
    • There are no plans at the moment to make ComPet pets available in Entropia Universe.
    • Development of the ComPet App will not negatively impact the development, nor the performance of Entropia Universe. In fact the servers will be entirely separate.
    • The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.

Source

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  2. So how does ComPet exactly fit into the Entropia Universe if it's a seperate entity? Feels like there is a contradiction between the first point and the rest of the points in that list?

3. dalewj

dalewj StoryTeller/Nerd/Gamer

ya if u enter the compet arena or whatever it is your on a different server maybe? I agree a little more information would be useful

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

OK my take on this is that MA have been getting some "WTF emails" and this is a response to the most common points. I suspect mainly people have been saying stuff like "why are you focusing on this? it doesn't appear to help Entropia as we know it, Entropia as we know it needs more work, why do this at the expense of further Entropia development".

To which MA respond
    • The ComPet App will provide new business opportunities for MindArk, and will help to grow the Entropia Universe user base.
    • ie it will help Entropia, be assured concerned player, this is a good thing
    • The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.
    • Art style I get.... content.... sure I guess it won't be like EU's content (hunting mining crafting etc) but are they saying there is no connection at all? Seems unlikely...
    • There are no plans at the moment to make ComPet pets available in Entropia Universe.
    • meaning the polar bear or cute atrox won't appear in EU
    • Development of the ComPet App will not negatively impact the development, nor the performance of Entropia Universe. In fact the servers will be entirely separate.
    • ie we promise the development of Compet has taken nothing away from the dev of Entropia (likely they paid another company to do it, possibly with the expected money that has yet to be raised from the deed sales). Probably some players worried about server impact/performance so MA are saying "no, totally different thing, not even on same servers"
    • The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.
    • This is tricky.... entirely? They could mean essentially there won't be the same items so on and so forth (see content) but yeh surely there has to be "some" interaction between the two entities somewhere? Or is this literally some kind of advert game... a bit like the Next Island iphone text based adventure app.
    Can't decide about the deeds... do I want any... I don't know... I don't trust MA on this one... but part of me feels like speculation.

Wistrel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.