Entropia VU News: Entropia Universe 18.0.0 Release Notes

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Entropia Universe now has an updated Heads-Up Display (HUD), and the User Interface (UI) has been revamped with added features, functionality, and improved performance. With this update, each account had its User Interface reset.

Beginners Guide has been updated according to these changes: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/

For feedback or bug reports on the User Interface, go to our designated forum threads here:
    Feedback: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-release-feedback-thread.298589/#post-3931409
    Bug Reports: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ds/ui-release-bug-crash-report-thread.298588/

Or, for direct support, you can create a support case at: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/.

Changes

• The login screen has received an update
    • The new HUD features movable elements via the UI Edit-Mode
    • UI windows have been unified and visually updated
    • An Update Info window has been added upon login. Once closed, it can be found in the Main Menu
    • The inventory grid size increased
    • The order of Inventory categories has been changed
    • PED Balance in UI’s have had a visual update and are now clickable to add funds
    • Added checkbox for Repair to set the amount of PED to be used
    • Buffs and Debuffs are now a separate movable UI element
    • Quick Actions have been added to the HUD
    • Added a new action to show all Nameplates, friend, and foe
    • Added screen warning for Avatar low health
    • Deposit Action now opens a browser window
    • Support Action now opens a browser window
    • Action bars have been added to replace the previous dashboard icon system
    • Actions
      • Action Library has been replaced with Actions
      • Quick search for all different actions in-game
      • Supports up to 3 different Key Bindings per action
      • If needed, duplicate actions can be setup in the actionbar to bind the action to more keys
      • Supports Modifiers (CTRL and SHIFT)
      • Added controller support
      • Drag and drop Actions to Action bars with UI Edit-Mode to
    • Options
      • Multiple additions have been added in Options > Interface
        • Show location in the Radar UI
        • Enable more action bars, up to 5 in total
        • Disable Fullscreen Warning
        • Disable the use of modifiers (CTRL and SHIFT)
    • Added total PED value looted in the LOOTED window
    • The total value of Nanocubes is now only visible in the “Recycle”-tab
    • Now possible to buy Ammunition up to 9999,99 PED in the Trade Terminal
    • Codex now shows more clearly if there is a new addition or a reward to claim
    • Added “Loadout” to Inventory where you could save a selection of “Equipped”, “Clothes or “Armor”
    • Added “Toggle Bold Fonts” option to Main Chat Interface settings
    • Minor changes have been made to multiple UI windows to improve the User Experience

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Source

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I popped in and well... TBH couldn't be arsed at this point in time to spend time figuring it out. I noticed Rookie chat was somewhat ablaze with comments though. Didn't get a good vibe for the feeling really. Seemed a bit mixed. I did notice that when I popped to the popular noob area though people were simply standing around shock still. Suspect they were all busy trying to work out new UI.

Probably won't be good for MA's bottom line this week. I did observe some shonky programming on the map UI though. If an adjacent tile is only a half centimeter in view, at least on the left hand side, it vanishes. Guessing the testers were covering themselves in quality glory for that one. Doesn't bode well for the rest. I also noticed the jump key seemed kinda unresponsive if you already jumping on 2nd press. Again... not a great vibe. I better not complain though or MA will simply remove the ability to jump or something...

Will report more as and when I get the time/impetus to have a proper look. But can't imagine it will be any time soon though.

Wistrel

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Probably the testers were replaced with AI. Lt's be honest, though, testing never was a focus area at MindArk.

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

my fave one was t
    hat they forgot to test if residue can be added when crafting

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

What do you mean "replaced" ? XD

6. San

San

Not replaced. Outsourced. WE are the testers and we do it for free. The only price they pay is swallowing some snide remarks, which they already know occurs anyway, always. Let them curse away as long as they deliver the data. And before anyone has any moral objections, every company using open source stuff has discovered long ago that people fall over each other to volunteer without even being asked. Strangely, it doesn't apply when this means anyone had to leave their bedroom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

According to one of the player testers who tested this before it was released they spent most of the time fixing bugs rather than looking at any new suggestions etc they had. This is according to his account on discord.

• Like Like x 1
  8. San

San

Well, of course it is correct to prioritize bugs over feature suggestions. But some of them were taken up as well, judging by popular support seen for any idea, or whether it fits in with something being worked on anyway. Can't find fault with these processes right now, I was only surprised why they decided to do this at all when it's already foreseeable that they have to repeat the whole effort with the new engine. Or they found ways to handle all this which we don't see. :shrug:

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

It's more the case where we are seeing some of the things in Unreal Engine being ported to current engine. So they probably have this new UI in Unreal already.

At least that's what I suspect

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh probably, although unless they are sharing code between the 2 systems I wonder what the benefit of porting/fixing it was...

11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I think they are porting some of the elements from UE5 into current engine so that we don't get shocked by the the changes. Good move I think because we get to see some of the things they have in UE5. So the new armour changes etc gives us a chance to voice our opinions. Maybe based on that they may make some changes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.