Entropia VU News: Entropia Universe 15.12.0 Release Notes

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, May 30, 2017.

1. Features

• The item info panel for vehicles now displays fuel type.
    • It is now possible to extract fuel from motherships.
    • Upon death it is now necessary to confirm teleport to the nearest revival terminal.
    • Dying too frequently will increase an avatar’s revival countdown timer. Staying alive for an extended period will reduce the revival countdown timer.
    • Map rotation now updates more quickly.
    • The old Project Entropia avatar chatter feature is back, go to Sound in the Options menu and tick the Avatar Chat Chatter box to activate.
    • Glow on creatures will disappear when killed.

Battle Simulator Update

A new Bonus Pool has been added to the Battle Simulator, which increases in value with every Battle Simulator ticket purchased. Each Battle Simulator run has a chance to award 5%, 25%, 50% or 90% of the current Bonus Pool upon successful completion of the instance. The current value of the Bonus Pool is displayed on the Battle Simulator Leaderboard, and will be seeded with 10.000 PED at the start of the next season.

• Battle Simulator tickets now cost 6 PED, a portion of which is added to the Bonus Pool.
    • Implemented new graphical assets to improve looks and performance.
    • Optimized and tweaked many areas of the instance.
    • The number of leaderboard places paid has been extended.
    • Removed the possibility of evade from hit calculations.
    • Improved the hitbox for Eviscerators.
    • Unclaimed loot from uncompleted runs is now added to the Bonus Pool.
    • Removed snare weapon and added the slowing effect to the grenade launcher.
    • Reduced range of rocket launcher.
    • Health packs are now stationary and heal over time.
    • Two additional health packs have been added to the course.
    • A new elite turret has been introduced. (Note: The elite turret looks identical to the normal turret; be sure to check the creature name to distinguish.)
    • A rare melee boss has been introduced.
    • Destroyed Eviscerators now lie closer to the ground.
    • A ‘Replay Instance’ window will appear after exiting the instance.
    • The ‘Increased Reward’ message will now appear when entering the last area.
    • Glow on turrets and creatures will disappear when killed.
    • Moving outside of the perimeter will cause death (there is a 10 second warning).

Fixes

• Attachments are now included in item weight calculations.

Known Issues

• For the time being Battle Simulator Leaderboard Total PED is not visually updated with the accumulated amount.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Source

2. The old Project Entropia avatar chatter feature is back, go to Sound in the Options menu and tick the Avatar Chat Chatter box to activate.

If this will be indeed the old Entropia Voices...ojomodoworo...eteeteetewate...then this is a nice step towards history...
    • Battle Simulator tickets now cost 6 PED
    Niiiceeee x'D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol, what a fucking joke !
    Get ready to see your full mob regenerate 20 times in a row
    and cost you 500% more to kill it...
    And after that's mindark who DARE to accuse the players to be cheating or do exploits....

Entropia 2017-05-30 14-06-21-14.jpg

Hey, you forgot to add a comfirmation window,
    Are you really sure you want to revive ?​

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'm quite inclined to agree! It would be better if they brought back ghosts so you have to run back to the revive before you can come back to life ;) In other words, be careful what you complain about.

Oddoordoordor.... deedeedee?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Well from a PVP view point ( nevermind the mentioned hunting) this revive BS is surely going to fuck with ALL FORMS of PVP including Landgrabs, Oilrig fun is OVER and never mind the whole PVP SPACE which is already a joke. So the way i see it is MA are maybe trying to force players to use/pay for those revive chips/things IF they get you out of the timer penalty ! In reality with the vast majority of players being eco their "pay the penalty or wait" BS going to back fire big time as players WILL rather wait it out meaning while they wait they will Not be spending ammo, Not be healing etc.

BAD MOVE through and through ma.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. Back then you could mess with he windows clock, to avoid "long waiting" times...now it will throw you out of sync and you can acutally explore Calypso all alone...just saying...also most of the time you get the "connection lost" message...

Anyway, what else did you guys expect ? Except for..unwanted stuff noone ever wished for...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So gambling, basically?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. In the end, its somehow amazing to SEE, how they actually managed totally fuck up a great sci-fi MMORPG, once called "Project Entropia".

17 years...and everytime it enters the news, noone ever heard of Entropia before...neeevaaahhhhdiiieeeeehhhh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

New players are gonna love this, try sweating for 20 seconds and end up waiting 3 mins for a revive confirmation.

No complaints though at least i can tt all the (l) rings i had and try squeezing another withdraw :).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It will effect the sweat market then most likely. I wonder if they could bring back Ghosts AS WELL as the timer thing. That way you get best of both worlds and can run to the revive as a ghost or wait for the count down, which ever is quicker/your preference. I used to rather enjoy roaming Calypso as a Ghost.

Does anyone remember the Ghost in the Rock Cave in the middle of the lake?

Oddoordoordor.... deedeedee?

Regarding this, it is exactly as I remember it ^_^Y

Now the next question that springs to mind, is who at MA was convinced to revive this one? And more importantly can we convince them to revive some of the other missing stuff (robot war wreckage for example).

Wistrel

11. Her:
    Eee te te te watee ? Ojomodoworo.
    Him:
    Ah, no no no, noch schnaeble ich. Nodok dok !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I saw on PCF people saying this new dumb feature will strongly affect the new players (who will leave even faster now) & the sweaters.
    This added to ingame hasslers, the game is becoming more and more cool....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sometimes people got banned for mobtrains
    (Reason: Messing with the ingame experience of others)

Sometimes MindArk approves mobtrains
    (Reason: Adds action to the game, use mob as shields and if you think its annoying, get your own mobtrain to fight the other mobtrain etc. etc. etc.)

Seriously, the real forum-community died around 2009. All hail the cryengine.
    All that is left are the rich fooks and the fan boys and temp. newbs.
    People that dont care (yet) or are afraid to speak out.

The "Make money" aspect never-died, while gameplay, design and story started to suffer.

In the end...this annoying revive timer is just another a$$ rape...and if MA will remove it one day, the "community" will cheer once again..."Yaaayyy, MindArk is listening to the players" x'D

amagawd, did I just say negative things again ? :'O

Space, Taming, Landplots, Farming blah

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yeah the classic PCF a$$lickers who do posts with tons of jumping emotes :).

15. Just had a short look at the "In-game Social Media Journalist" thread on the other forum.

Suddenly the usual suspects become (even more) happy. Their holy god MindArk posted some new random nonsense.

And with MAs usual silence, the remnants of the community, still beeing strong belivers after all these years,
    clutch at any straw. A sign ! By god ! It must be ! God sent a fooking "Journalist" and decides social media is hip once again...

Samuel-Johnson-reading-300x377.jpg

At once people calling it "a step into the right direction"..."you are doing great work"..."fun and innovative". Jesus Christ...
    Do they actually realize that this reporter will become inactive asap ?

Oh+lawd+_a314d308ac96f39c076162c20ba77607.jpg
    By now I really wonder if some of these are paid trolls, to not let the forum die and fill it with positive phrases.
    Even if Im aware some of them are friendly long term players.
    I cannot believe these guys still cheer for MindArk, especially on such random, temporary bullsh!t.
    A social media journalist...MS9 anyone ?

looking-for-a-sign.jpg

Then a guy steps in and mentiones the truth...ahe, the fail of the facebook Emissary Program.
    Gets confronted asap "How dare you, where is the problem ?" Booooo! x'D

There are still players form old times, that slowly speak out their minds and it always ends up mentioning "Project Entropia" as the greater product.

The other forum could be indeed a nice psycho experiment for some university. What a show.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. I once tried to talk to one of those guys carrying a (heavy) star above their head, and had no answer...
    I told myself, is he a bot ? Should I report him ?
    But I gave up the idea, MA are experts to lock people for no reason and without proof, but humour is something they never learnt.

17. I know some of the "Stars" and they are normal (longtime) players like you and me who got lured by MA...they kept their original avatar and got the possibility to run around as "Star" as well. Who would say no, becoming a (anonymous) star ? ;D

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It's always the same, when something is a little unbalanced and no one notices for a while then MA fix it, people get cross. "Waahhh now I can't do what any other game would consider a bug/oversight/cheat SO UNFAIR!".

Yes it will change sweating but I'd wager players are quitting BECAUSE they end up sweating not because they can't sweat any more.

Sweating is a world of no fun, as is queuing up to receive oil for hours on end. These activities will not get people liking/staying in the game (although they do build community - which will have retention effect I grant you).

Anyhow... one thing MA will need to do as a result of this is adjust sweating or sweat skills or something. They could fucking well make scanning worth while too.

Wistrel

19. Amber Knightly was so kind to re-introduce me to avatar talking today.
    To be honest, I would have forgotten about it.

Having it as option in the sound settings (on/off) was the 1st thing I disliked.
    But heck, I activated it...just to hear...nothing, when I pressed enter.
    This is how it was supposed to work back in 2004.

Amber informed me "that you cant hear yourself". -_-

Ah well, but now I wanted to hear it...then I heard the old voice files playing when Amber started to chat...the avatar standing there, not moving, like a puppet. Not even the lips moving...hail cryengine with its endless possibilities. Dear MA, you could have...ah, feck off.

Back in 2004 avatar models had gesticulation, moved their lips...and you could hear yourself, by just pressing enter.
    It created an awesome additional atmosphere. Took ingame communication to a whole new level.

But what else did I expect with CryEngine 2 in the hands of MindArk ?

Another half a$$ed attempt, by trying to re-introduce stuff that was already there. Like farming, for example...CLD Plots ? Space ? FUMA !

I would have liked to just post a "no comment"....but this is so fecking lazy and useless...it was hard to impossible to avoid this comment.

Gawd, I should just log off and never return...but I really started to enjoy this show...fucking amazing how they manage to stay alive and grab peoples money. The money of the rich fooks, that tell you how much you suck and how you never understood on how to make money....blaaahhhhhh

• Like Like x 1
  20. Did anyone else notice you are loosing health while chatting ? ;D

• Creative Creative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.