Enhancer crafting 1st atempt

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by Alfadur, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Hi all.

Had my first enhancer crafting experince 2 days ago.
    Done 284 clicks on mining excavator speed I and just detected something weird.

Usually on other materials bps in a sucess atempt we items with at least the TT click or near.
    For instance, a sucess basic filter atempt will return the very minimum of 5 basic filters. With an average TT return of 50% in filters and nearly 40% on residue.

Now on enhancers I got shocked, was only receiving 1 enhancer per sucess :sad:

After the 284 clicks got around 3.5% TT return on enhancers and alot of residue. A side note, the BP is maxed with skills but not with quality as its a SIB one.

Just wanted to know, if this is what everyone else is getting.
    I know that diferent BPs havent diferent returns, but not this big diference.

Are the enhancers BP completly diferent from the others or did I had a buggy session?

Cheers for comments

2. I've only done one short run myself (100 clicks iirc) but I think this is normal, you only get 1 enhancer on a success and they have a TT of 60 PEC. The empty enhancer alone costs 1 PED so there's no way you can recover your TT costs from the item on a success.

From observing other people's globals and HoFs, I think they may give bigger HoFs more often so that it balances out that way, but that would mean it's a high-risk click with very big swings on return.

I lost quite a bit on those 100 clicks I did so I haven't yet investigated more thoroughly myself.

3. Yeah I did a small run, but was weird.
    I'll do more clicks next time, but this ratio of 3% TT returned in enhancers scares me.

4. after 2000ish attempts the answer is: definitely only 1 enhancer if attempt is successful.
    mass of residue comes as a side product, mostly if lucky, but also possibly when unlucky creating this enhancer.

5. When you craft enhancers you will always only get one enhancer and a lot of residue. The value of the enhancer is always lower then the tt input but the value of the enhancer combined with the residue is always the same or higher then the tt input.

After crafter over 100k enhancers i can say the overal tt returns are the same as in any other crafting profession (low :))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.