Elder Scrolls Online 4th April 2014.

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls' started by Viperstrike, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Added @ Launch, Statistics!
    Coffee statistics FTW! lmao! :rofl:

918b4082a03846bd367f0370305c36e0.jpg

Some ingame footage.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Thanks its good to keep up to date on what folks are doing in other MMO's good to keep EU in a context of how it compares to the competition

Wistrel

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

signed in for beta ;-)

I don't like that phantasy RPG very much. But I am really bored at EU atm.

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Played the beta this weekend and I must say it looks great and has most stuff you know from the Elder Scrolls games.

Problem with this game, as with most MMO's that even in the beta there were 12 year old kids shouting they would rape the game directors wife if he did not fix a few things. There were on the other hand also a few helpful people there

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yeah ... that's the reason why we are here, isn't it? No stupid kids.

I would like to make my avatar stylish and want to walk around a bit. I don't know much about this phantasyworld, never played it ... Morrowind, Skyrim and what else.. I would be a complete noob. And I am a loner. In EU I do things I can handle ... well, Arch Master Swordsman ... but I started once with wide eyes, breathless and overwhelmed by PE. Let's give it a try!

6. RAZER

I usually don't like these kinds of MMO's either (and most MMO's have a similar theme, unfortunately) but I did love the last 2 Elder Scroll games (Oblivian and Skyrim), so I might like the new ESO too for a bit longer then I usually like MMO's.

We have to wait a few months for the launch, but I hope I can play a few more beta games before that.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

My friend was playing it this weekend. He's an old WOW fan but said while good it isn't holding the love that WOW had for him. I do wonder if this is something to do with ones first MMO. I could liken it to my IRC addiction at college. I was so excited by this whole talking to people in other countries thing. Same with Entropia which was my first MMO. I remember being really excited about it.

Nothing else has even come close now. It seems no matter what MA do Calypso will always be home for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

I guess everyone has different taste for games. This video wont make me download that game even if it is free to play. But if you people are excited that is fine.

9. RAZER

You can pre-order it now, which means the price is known. I hate subscription fees for a game, :cautious:

ESO pricing.png

10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

DANG!
    I am out - lol!
    That was quick.

11. hehe going ok here, I ignore the kids, but bigger NSP projects on the horizon :)

12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, got my Beta access yesterday and started it today. Couldn't create a "Jamira" but a "Ulla Braun" at least - lol. It looks pretty good I must say. Once it will be a real big world (April) to explore, I will think about using it for entertain and relax. (I mean 12.50 € monthly vs. 200.00 € could be worth to think about it.)

The character creation is similar to EU. Clothes are restricted and limited it seems. And once you accepted your character you are not able to change it. Probably later ...

Blades look serious ... not totally splendid like all this asian sword creations (including Arkadia). Killing mobs is fun from the very start. The beginner missions are beginner friendly and give a good chance to figure out how it works ... even for bloody noobs like me (never ever played another RPG than PE).

The download time is incredible! I got 4MB/s only ... takes ages ...
    Finally I got my full 40MB/s for the last 20% ;-/

I have to check soon if my 3D-grabber will work at ESO ;-)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

ROFL!
    Estimated waiting time in waitlist: 1 hour 31 minutes.
    That's not really what I want. Not sure if I want to pay money for getting such messages. I was just up for a sceenshot of ESO Ulla Braun. Got 45 minutes download time for an update from yesterday and now this!

14. RAZER

None Disclosure Agreement will be lifted this weekend, so prepare for a few images in this thread !

15. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep, as soon as I get next beta invitement.

16. RAZER

Got mine already, and this time you get a second key to give away.

17. RAZER

Seems the NDA is lifted, so prepare for a video and some screenshots :)

18. RAZER

Fishing:
    eso 2014-01-11 10-48-42-58.jpg

Collecting plants:
    eso 2014-01-11 10-26-51-93.jpg

Mining:
    eso 2014-01-11 10-24-47-14.jpg

Hunting:
    eso 2014-01-11 10-24-26-31.jpg

Quests:
    eso 2014-01-11 10-02-24-59.jpg

And it seems I get a pet money next Beta weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. What character options are there? I have gotten emails to try it and maybe after your pics I will give it a go. And how is the movement, do you have to use the keyboard key or can you use just the mouse?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.