Economy or Fail?!

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Stave Petty, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Does anybody here remember the stock exchange in Hadesheim?

Groupon could be worth 300 billion PED, Zynga even 110 billion PED. Perhaps NI should go public too?

2. Arkadia had no trouble, and it seems nor has rocktropia, so there really is no excuse for creating a business without any sustainable way of creating income is there.

3. It is not about excuses or wrong focus in the past. Read David's blog, they're hosed, it's all about raising funds now.

4. If they didnt have the wrong focus in the past, they wouldnt have this problem now would they.

All this post is asking for is some communication as to what the hell is going on and why after nearly a year this place still has no economy, and therefore no sustainable way to exsist. Communication itself costs nothing to do, and to be fair we all have our own oppinions as to what happened and thats great.

But we need to hear from the people running next island themselves about this, we need to hear their side of the story.

Theres never a reason not to fully communicate whats going on with your users.

And theres never anything wrong with users asking them questions and expecting a response when they begin to fear the worst is happening and faliure may be close.

And untill they can be arsed to give us a response, i plan on keeping this thread alive.

5. Sr Torz Man

Sr Torz Man Freelanser

I can understand that many here are frustrated. Since nothing happens to the local economy.
    Then, it's not better when it is completely silent from the CEO owner.

But what will happen here on NI when the new blueprints has come?
    There will be a relaunch of the whole island, and many many will stay here and develop this amazing island.
    I will be one of those who want to develop the island.

As we say here in Sweden. Sit down in the boat and wait until it has stormed over :)

6. Find your place on the planet. Dig in, and take responsibility from there.

-- Gary Snyder

7. Bump......

Was looking at the partner site and one of the requirements to become a planet partner is to be able to develop a stable economy, is next island slowly breaking that requirement that is no doubt part of their contract?

8. Where is that site?

9. umm you sure that isn't a website for second life? I just had deja vu. Whats with the video? Not complaining, but looks nothing like what is in EU.

10. LOL this coming from MindArk who created anatomy correct Boorum, Calamusoid, Umbranoid, and later feffoids.

11. Tom

Tom

Curd shared the correct website that states some of the requirements for Entropia planet partners. Similar to a "Service Level Agreement" I do agree those of us who joined on Next Island AND those who have tried to contribute to Next Island's economy have been short changed, basically in the fact we have never had a stable economy. I don't think that's a news flash for anyone.

As for the flash loop on the Entropia Planet Partner site, that is taken from Blue Mars, a very casual MMORPG that also uses the CryEngine system, however it's never really gotten off the ground. Visually stunning.

Back on topic: It would be very nice to hear from Meg or others concerning the main topic of this thread. Frankly for the time being I've given up. I've hoped for some equitable, substantial communications for over eight months. Only so many tears of frustration one can give...then make a decision to walk away for a hopeful better day.

PS. I still hope things may change, but despite whatever good intentions any of the NI builders have, I think garnering finances is priority number one.

12. red

red

that video use to be considerably longer and was first produced a few years back when mindark was just starting up with their cryengine development. I don't know if they made it themselves or it was some derivative of an example animation.

if you notice, the animation takes place in some sort of virtual mall and the avatar looks like she is shopping. at the time, some of us figured it was produced to promote that china deal (CRD, I think, was the partner) who wanted to use the platform as a virtual mall to sell real goods and some sort of social networking centre.

the plan never went anywhere (apparently the main guy on the chinese side died or something), but they use to have a building in new oxford.

13. And I hate when game companies do that, add a video that is supposedly what the game looks like or this is what you can expect. And then we you actually play the game its nothing like the video they posted. Have started and quit alot of games because of that very fact. NOw I search you tube for player videos before I buy/try a game.

And wouldn't there be some legal issue with using a video from a different game to promote another game?

14. Softhart, that site is offical, its linked to on mindark.com :)

15. red

red

yes, there would be. however, if the video was assembled with "example" objects/models found in the cryengine developers distribution and "tricked-up" a little, there wouldn't be an issue.

16. Tom

Tom

I think that is the case, red. ...and it was premature of me to cite the video I mentioned above as from Blue Mars. (There is a mall on Blue that looks awfully like the demo mall scene, where the lovely AV is walking and shopping.) Anywho...the video is probably a mock-up demo of the CryEngine look/feel/physics. I do know both Entropia and Blue use the CryEngine gaming engine. Apologies for off topic, but I did want to clarify my error.

17. ?? did I imply it wasn't official? I don't understand your comment.

Whether from Blue Mars or another game isn't really the point. If I was a investor and wanted to get into virtual games. And someone mentioned to check into EU, and gave me that web page for more information. The first thing I see is that video I would assume that is what EU looks like. Its deceiving.

18. red

red

yeah. it's not a very good example of the capabilities of the platform. it just shows what can be made with the graphics engine. there actually isn't much public information regarding what a planet partner is actually able to do creatively and what restrictions they have to live within.

I suppose, if I was going to partner, I'd have to pop over to sweden and spend some time talking with them and seeing what could actually be done and if it met my needs.

19. You questioned it here :)

Still the discussion is drifting away from the point here.... :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.