Downtime

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Tass, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Apologies for the recent downtimes of EntropiaPlanets. The problem will probably persist for at least at week and worst case a couple of weeks.

The thing is the sky is falling but EntropiaPlanets will stay up ;)

upload_2024-4-26_1-41-42.jpeg

upload_2024-4-26_1-42-6.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

ARP Universe is the old "First Planet Company" that was created to develop and operate Planet Calypso.

EUSO is "Entropia Universe Support & Operations", the company that actually managed the technical base of EU, services to Planet Partners and customer suport.

Both were founded in 2008, here's the snippet from MindArk's annual report of 2008:

"First Planet Company AB will take over the marketing, maintenance and development of Planet Calypso. EUSO AB will provide web based support packages for MindArk and its planet partners. The expansion allows MindArk PE AB to focus fully on the continued expansion of the universe through new planet partnerships and the development of the Entropia Platform that the new worlds will be built upon without effecting the efficiency of its administrative and support operations."

And, yes, both are being liquidated starting earlier this month.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Thanks Tass.

Those were subsidiaries of MA. FPC was meant to be distinctly different to MA as they wanted to concentrate on platform development which I guess EUSO was meant for. Anyway we all know what happened. There is no longer any need for FPC as it's run by MA, same for EUSO. So I guess not surprising they are getting rid of them.

The Green Fund Finance I guess didn't go anywhere. Their green side project. I suppose they have given up on that one too and I think this one may hurt them...

So a bit of a spring clean or house keeping at MA :)

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh presumably while there may be benefits to separating things into different companies... there will be costs too. Probably they decided to bring everything under one accountant bill for example.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.