1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Calypso News: Death From Above: Attackers and Steel Birds Ambush CDF Troop!

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Steel Birds, Attackers and Spider Bombers have ambushed and killed a CDF troop led by ‘Grid-Man’ at [61810, 84708].

Other locations under attack include

• Atlantis Archipelago
    • Camp Phoenix
    • Fort Zeus
    • Nymphtown

Strategists predict attacks from the new wave of robots will be sustained and intense, so CDF forces are desperately mobilizing colonists to counter the assault.

Why the CDF force was led by the deranged ‘Grid-Man’ and what they were doing in the wastelands near Hadesheim is unclear.

## March 13, 2018 ##

2. I passed out last night.
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yay! Spider Bombers! The cutest mobs in Entropia!

@Jamira can you do me a favour and capture the geometry for spider bombers? (and maybe steel birds too) I have an idea... (potentially)
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

PS Mindark - spider bomber pets please (and not stupidly hard to tame/rare ones either - by all means add them as well and, uh... I dunno make em gold or something for the ubers to play with - but let us noobs have a bog standard one please, pretty please with sugar on?)
  5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Sure. Where can I find them?

Edit: Got a steel bird for you:
    But I have absolutely no clue where to find Spider Bombers ...

Edit2: Ahh okay, I read the first post meanwhile - lol! Damn, we are on our way to NI already. But we'll go back and grab that silly bots for you.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018 at 00:10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I got several Spider Bomber as well. But they are shrinked. I need a working 3DS Max 2011 for correct import ...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Thanks Jamira - that detouring was awesome of you!! The shrinkage, is that the apparent squishing in the X-plane? I'll try and get in later and grab some reference screenshots/video.
  8. San

If you find Spider Bombers cute and would like one as a pet, have you seen Scout Bots on Cyrene? And the devs are very approachable...
  9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

The shrinkage depends to the angle of the ingame camera. The import-plugin for 3DS Max solves this problem because it offers one or two aspect ratios to chose from. What I got so far looks like this:
    I will try to get a better one.
    Well, this one looks a bit better:

So finally I can offer you this two babes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018 at 22:47
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Thanks Jamira! You are teh awesomeness!

Actually I got a little insight into your world last night. I (far too late) thought. I wonder if I could knock up a quick and dirty Spider Bomber leg in Fusion. Haha, because I am still learning it took me longer than I thought (although not too long). I think I now finally understand your world though. In that in game assets are not useful for RL applications. They are just low poly tricks with impossible mechanics. In the world of computer games you just grab 2 points and define movement constraints and your have a working thing.

In real life things have to have actual joints and mechanics behind them. I see now more about why the Pitbull is quite such a project. I suspect part of the issue is more to do with how lazy/pushed for time the artists/animators are as good quality models will have more RL parts to them but again even then, probably on the ones that are very visible. MA just throw things next to each other and go "that'll do" (and to be fair... mostly it does).

Got annoyed last night though that the spider bombers were in the floor most of the time!