Dear Support...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Jan 30, 2015.

1. map.jpg

I started at 1.) today. (Hunt down 100 Tripudions)
    Big area with some Tripudions and tons of "bees" and many Gokibusakis.
    The "Gokibusakis" drown at this area...1st I wondered why they die randomly, when I already had their heathabr down to 5%...but it must be the water that is max. this deep at some points of the swamp :

shallow water.jpg

So, why place dozens of Gokibusakis in this area ? Why make the "water" kill em ? Thank you for wasted ammo, armor decay and 90% non-lootable-because-drowned Gokis. And yes I had to go there, because I wanted to finish the "kill 50 Tripudions" Mission.
    All the "bees" (igni, Pupugi etc.) start to attack from within the ground...just like Hiryuus...but the "bees", when leaving the ground, start to fly back into the ground, while getting shot...also very annyoing.

So I went to 2.) to do the Rippersnapper mission (Kill 70). They still attack on land ? Since 10 years !?! Wow...
    And each hunt starts with dozens of "unreachable" Ripper Snappers. 80% of them are unreachable. So you have to get close to them 1st, making the use of long range weapons impossible.

Screw this I thought and I decided to do the 100 Daikiba challenge at 3.)...
    For me the counter stopped at 2...on my friend the counter stopped at 28....

All support cases written seperatly...beta testing anyone ? bah :(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. Also please fix the radar bug(s) which exist since 10 years as well.
    -> Red Dots / Teammates dissapearing (randomly)

3. Or what about invisible mobs, that only 1 teammate can see and fire at...while the other one needs to relog.

4. Or what about "The CTD Issue" ?

5. Or what about getting stuck in places that you shouldnt get stuck ? (Need to press "T")

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

How about they hire me and McCormick to beta test for them. We are both pretty good at finding and reporting bugs ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. All those various "Internal Errors & Unknown Errors"...or "there was an error with the server"....way too often, compared to pre-cryengine times. -_-

8. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

I have seen the radar bugs, as for the others, not seen any of them.... :headscratch:

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I have to ask you McCormick and you Wistrel, why you are still in Entropia Universe. Just for finding errors and bad coding? This game will never ever become better nor it will be the old (and beloved) "Project Entropia" again. It's hard to let something you've been involved during so many years, isn't it? At least we've learned: all our engagement and love for the game got no reward nor response. Guess what! I was paid for my last two judgings at WoF by MA! That's perverted. MA miss the basic grasp of what makes sense to bind players to the game. I find it disgusting how they act meanwhile. Probably I am tooo old ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dalewj

dalewj StoryTeller/Nerd/Gamer

welllll

I am playing The Repopulation and its finally nice to find devs ingame, using bug tracking software and fixing things I post within 4-5 hours. Infact a few times I found such huge holes or possible scams that 4-5 devs showed up next to me and watched as I showed them what happened, coding in the background until the problem was fixed and I couldn't do it anymore. I mean really, they want a good game. Not the its a game and we really don't care about it attitude found in 95% of the games these days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Why ?
    Because nearly noone else does. Simple example ? Noone cares about that most towns turned into shopcontainers anymore. Noone cares that many ingame items, be it carried stuff or buildings, got cloned and re-used for the gazzillionth time...
    I (still) do.
    I made a long pause already...some people always come back.
    And even if I know that it will never change again, there are still enough ppl left to talk about this matter ingame.
    Which is indeed a good feeling. As MA does not talk about this matter (in public) anymore.While others only identify this as "history repeating" or "annyoing moaning"...I still do know why I do it...because 10+ years is indeed a very long time. I wont let MA take everything away of my world. ;)

A lot of sweat has been put into this avatar. ;) Im a part of this world.

I keep logging in as long as I think its the right thing to do. :)
    Knowing that if I ever should cash out completely, that there will be a nice amount of additional money for me.
    And if the game should shut down before that day...or if I suddenly would never log in again...no problem...I already made back everything I deposited. But the experience has not stopped yet...failures only make you stronger, they say. lol ;p

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Looks pretty amazing. I guess you kept them busy - lol! I still appreciate the memories of the time when I was your disciple and later in Hunters Unlimited. THAT was a real good experiance from Project Entropia.

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Exactly that was my question. Noone else does ...
    You know MA will never ever offer a game like the one we loved once.

14. View attachment 16372

all errors aio.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  15. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Yeah that sucks!! I haven't had any of those, on any of my comps. :confused1: Hopefully you get this resolved.

For me I would have reinstalled my whole OS, installed anti virus, then download Caly and run from there. See if you have any of these problems. If not do a windows update and test again. If everything is good, install mother board drivers one at a time and test in between. All good, then install vid card drivers and test again. <- this step can be done after install of EU and test run.

After that, start installing programs. Again one at a time and a test run of EU after each. I think you may find a conflicting program or a corrupt dll file. But this is just me of course. :wink:

16. hehe, Im aware of all these steps =)

But I got different PCs, with different settings, even 3 laptops. Win7 and/or Win8, 32 bit and 64 bit.

Those CTDs are a standard. Internal errors etc.. I was redirected to PCF now and then regarding these issues. Im defenitly not alone. If I crash, usually many others on radar (if not all) crash with me. Dont you never see many ppl of your FL suddenly "logging off" ?

The goksibusakis "drowning" is not a client problem, so you will have it too. Promised. ;)
    A counter not working can be a client problem, but usually is sevrer sided. Im also not alone with this.

You never had internal erros either ? Come on :p

17. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

LOL no not the Goki part, that is definitely MA side. As for the others, no I haven't had these issues. Where approximately are you location wise (mostly) when these happen? What mission isn't counting for you? (Counter part) Also what time (utc) are you mostly on?

Just trying to narrow down if some of these are time, and or area sensitive. (Server issues)

As I have said I'm not seeing these problems.... Even for friends list. I'm mostly on between 3:00 am to 7:00 am utc. 8:00 pm to 12:oo am mountain time.

18. Arkadia, Calypso, Space...totally random times.

I get this Viceroy message on every log in now xD. No matter how I close or click through it.

viceroy.jpg

19. Hmm Ok that's an odd one..MA just wanting to say hello?

20. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Hmm I would bring up the viceroy mission in ark forums, if you haven't already. (Thought you were done this mission?) if you are done it, and you have gotten the armour, and if you haven't tried this already, I would abandon the mission. Only if you have the armour though, as you can't get the viceroy armour mission now. It could also be MA saying come finish this mission as we won't be supporting this quest very soon! :wink:

As for the rest, I'm thinking it's more client side now. If it was happening in certain time lines, I would say its server side. It doesn't mean it isn't, but it's more likely client side. (Other possible reasons include MA tightening up parameters for their servers. Ex: lower wait times between clients. This may cause your client to server connection to be less forgiving in connection times. (Ping) (latency) etc...

Possible reasons: updates happening in the background causing loss of connection for a certain time line.
    Programs in the background causing the same as above.
    Conflicting programs that crash your EU.
    Hardware conflicts.
    Driver conflicts.
    ISP problems.

I could name more... :wink:
    One quick check to rule out some things. Reboot your router.
    Two ways
    1: unplug and leave for 1 min then replug and test.
    2. Go into the routers GUI, and reboot from there.
    You could also reset the router to factory state and set it up again. Done either via GUI, or reset button on the back of the router. After this you have to reset some settings, like wireless, and passwords.

Reasoning: the router can become "clogged" (for a lack of a better word) and a reboot/reset will clean things out. This clog can cause the router to respond slower or stop responding altogether for periods of time. These issues could cause a few of your errors.

Sound issue. I'm more inclined to think this not your issues, but there is a fast way to check.
    In your device manager you can locate your sound device and disable it there. This would shut off the physical hardware. Run EU and see what happens. You might also have to go into your video card settings and turn off sound support there. In AMD there is a sound tab. Shutting off sound support there will allow only your hardware to process the sound files. I would try this first before the device manager approach.

As you can see, there are many things to test on client side that can cause any of these issues. (Other then Goki, and mission related ones) ;)

I would shut down every hardware, and program and test each time. If these don't work. Then a complete reinstall as stated before. Once this was done, then ISP check. (Which is tough as all ISP will tell you things are all good on there side. :whistling:

If you try any of these, get back to us and let us know. Try it on one of your laptops you don't mind not using for a bit. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.