1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Release Of ESA's Gaia Mission With VR Visualization

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by San, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

The scale in VR is mind blowing. I've barely played it in VR really but have done stuff like just sat in the asteroid field going "Wow... just wow..."

Just like in Entropia, I do shit like this in Elite... youknow... I just look at things and go wow a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strange that the joystick I’ll probably get sounds a bit like my Forum name (Thrustmaster Hotas...less than £50).

Now do I try ED first to see if I am ‘space capable’ or do I get the joystick first so that I can hit the ground/space running?

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

get the stick and then get star wars episode 1 racer :D I rather enjoy flying around Entropia using a stick too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Ahh OK thanks Wistrel I will take your advice. :)

I look like winning a (non EU) competition in a few weeks so will be able to afford ED and joystick then.

Never thought about using joystick in EU but OK in space travel I assume so will try that.

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I wish we would get a standard VR-format. I remember well the early 90th when we had no significant picture format for all. There were BMP, TGA and TIFF only ... and this special Mac-type PIC, if I remember right. GIF was restricted by copyrights. Neither JPG nor PNG or PDF. That was a crazy time. Now we have HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PSVR and some others for VR. All with their on format. Not compatible. This should be ended very soon. There is a NASA VR-presentation with Oculus Rift only for free:
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1178419975552187/
    Nice, but pretty useless for all others like me with my PSVR. Elite is available for Rift and Vive. Not for PSVR. Strange!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

That looks pretty cool. My setup is way more simple: A 65" TV with me in 1,5 meter distance and PS4 Plus with controller.