Cosmic Horrors

Discussion in 'Locations & property' started by WangXiang, Jul 8, 2011.

1. From Next Island, the best way to find Cosmic Horrors is to fly to the first Neutral Space Station in the direction of Calypso.
    When you arrive at the Neutral Station, look for asteroids in its proximity. Cosmic Horrors are there, floating around. Be careful, it is a PvP area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hunting them is very bad for the TT value of your spaceship, but good for its karma. It is also good for your Health Points :)

2. You win some, you lose some. I'm sure many will be happy with the opportunity to get a few more HP points :D

3. narfi

narfi Lost

What is your stratagy hunting them?
    I had a friend with me and only one of us could target a mob at a time in the vtol.
    The passenger gun aims much lower than the pilots rockets.

Since the passenger gun does more dmg, when hunting solo I would fly out to them, switch to the passenger seat, kill it, then switch back to pilot seat to fly over to loot it.
    Seems on young/matures i took 2-3 hits per kill. so every 3-5 mobs I would have to dock with a space station or Mothership to repair.

Is this about how it went for you? or did you figure out a better strategy?

narfi

4. I am a beginner in space hunting, and your strategy seems excellent.

I now use my old Sleipnir Mk2 for space hunting exclusively. I have a VTOL MMB AS-35 equipped on pilot side and tries to hunt Youngs and Matures only.

I have to go and repair every 7-8 mobs.

5. red

red

how aggressive are they? can they move very fast?

6. narfi

narfi Lost

I only really played with the young/olds
    I could fly through a bunch of them and usually none would agro on me, so the agro range is really low.
    I only did 2 short hunts so not alot of experience yet, but it seems like they can hit you from about as far away as you can shoot them.
    I would hit them 2-3 times before they 'woke up' and started attacking me.
    Their attack is definitly ranged. Kind of what you would imagine the 'energy ink' that a glowey light squid in space would spit at you.

hope that helps some, sorry I dont know more,

narfi

7. red

red

interesting. perhaps, I'll try one, sometime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.