Theryon Wars: Concept art

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by NotAdmin, Dec 5, 2011.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, as you might have noticed, Ordaz from Theryon Wars is back. Not only did he launch the Q&A session, but he was also kind enough to share some additional artwork, which has been exclusively offered to EntropiaPlanets.

Unfortunately, we seem to be missing desriptions beyond a basic little tid-bits, but Jorge offered to answer whatever questions we/you might have about the artwork.

So without further ado, I present to you the pictures.

dock concept6.jpg

The first one is named dock concept 6", and all I know about it is that it represents an environment concept for a "small version" of the hangars in Theryon Wars.

We seem to see some form of pod, with a few humanoids nearby, probably for a size impression. Big tubes and fans undoubtedly ensure breathable air in the hangar. I am unsure whether a mothership would fit in this particular hangar, but maybe that's why it's a small version ;)

TFL_bombers_b.jpg

The second image is called TFL Bombers, and shows three of the low-poly models that will be incorporated into the Arcade-style shoot-em-up Theryon Wars mini-game that is supposed to be finalized soon.

I personally like the addition of the grin on the upper one. It reminds me of the same grin commonly seen on the A10 Thunderbolt.

CargueroT2.jpg

The last image is my personal favorite of this set. It shows the design of a ship, the "Carguero". Carguero, as the name hints, is a small freighter, belonging to the third faction, and it has been made by René, who can be seen standing right behind Rafael Espinosa in the picture in the very first interview with Theryon Wars that we posted. René is the gentleman with the long dark hair.

So. That's it for now, and if you have any questions whatsoever about these images, please do add them to this thread. Jorge will do his best to answer them :)

Oh, and a little birdie told me this is not the last surprise he has in store for loyal EP visitors. Stay tuned for more goodies.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I think you may have spelt his name wrong or maybe I remember it incorrectly.

The Carguero is an amazing design. One of the most creative designs in eu so far. If Carguero is a small freighter I wonder how big their motherships will be :P

The dock concept 6 raises a number of questions. Is it a hangar on the planet? like the hangars we have on Calypso?

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

looks pretty cool. Thanx Ordaz

4. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

SWEEEEEEEEEET!! :geek:

5. I agree with GeorgeSkywalker about the Carguero being amazing. :biggrin:

Did the hovering vehicles from the Matrix movies inspire the design?

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Nope. Was a typo, indeed. I fixed it :)

7. I was thiiis close to post this case at There I Fixed It :tongue (2):

A surface hangar, yes. We shall start with NPC hangars; a sizeable and active playerbase is a must before we can put things like that up for sale.

Razer, Nor Alien, glad you liked it :laugh: Caught you by surprise this time, uh?

Ok, ok, I shall tell the artist behind the ship what you've said of his efforts :tongue (2):
    I agree it reminds me of the Osiris and the Neb, but the answer is "well, not really".

• Like Like x 1
  8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The pod/ship in the hangar looks intriguing. However, I'm not sure what it does. Will the pod be used to return you to home in case you die in space? That doesn't sound right? Can't see what else it could do? Perhaps wonder up into space on a theryon beacon type of thing?

9. That's too EVE-ish! :eek (2):

But you're welcome to keep making up theories :giggle:

10. Space Station

11. A baking powder?

Edit: Oh, well... What space station? I didn't get this one :confused1:

12. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I agree .. please don't create a new EVE ... one is enough ;) (though warping time seems to be the same :eek (2):)

13. LOL your confused?? What the heck is with baking powder??? :unsure:

I was saying the pod could be a space station, but then you thru in baking powder. :what:

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

15. Tass

Tass Administrator

Reminds me on:

I laughed.

16. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well this makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

17. I am beginning to wonder if I am the only one left out of the joke :notworthy:

18. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Don't worry i'm completely lost as well ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Why is it that if a man kills another man in battle, it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion, it's called murder?

20. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Because in a battle the two have a designated role to fight and to win. The other case is like the highest betrayal & there is nothing heroic about betrayal. More like cowardice...

but but what has this got to do with the topic at hand :headscratch:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.