Coloring?

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by khaos, Apr 5, 2010.

1. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I'm a fairly new player, looking to make a good investment.
    My hours to play are a bit weird sometimes, so real trading might be hard for me.
    So i was thinking, why not start a coloring shop?
    Is it profitable to do coloring and texturing?
    I know it might be hard to find customers, but with some promos it might be doable.
    If i become a colorer/texturer, are there things i should know?
    What budget should i be looking for?
    Can i make some money to buy ammo in-game?

K.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well, I think to be a colorer you either need to be cheaper then the rest or can do more colors then the rest and both will be hard to do I think.

Getting to a level where you can do some nice colors will take a lot of time and money, but of course that is also true for all the other professions in EU.

In short, if you like to color stuff, go for it, if it is money you are after, I would think twice about it.

But then again, what do I know I have to deposit to play this game, because I don't play very smart and spend money on stupid stuff :D like coloring my clothes.

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Coloring as an investment is a bad idea, I think. The problem is that you really cannot make any money until you're a long way into the game. And it will take you thousands of USD worth of paint to get to that point.

Every time you have paint, you will lose roughly 10% in TT value when you skill up with it. If you are forced to buy paint with a markup, that eats away your money faster than crafting or hunting.

Add to this that after the clothes nerf barely anyone bothers investing in clothes (the prime use for coloring I'd say), and as an investment, I'd recommend you to look at a different profession.

Just my 2 pec.

4. Get a good mentor, preferably someone who is playing >2 years and can teach you how to start small with a low budget and play w/o deposits.

5. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Not a good choice i notice :) Thanks for the advice!

Do you know someone like that by accident? :D

6. Me... but i dont mentor anymore, especially not w/o reward from MA...
    (Mentoring system is still not back if im not completely mistaken, and well, it won't let me take you as disciple when you have some skills already)

There are some old disciples of mine, but i havent seen them on for quite some time... but then again, i hardly play atm.

7. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

hehe :) ok, no problem

8. narfi

narfi Lost

khaos, I like helping people learn how to play on a budget or non-depo. There are so many options of things you can do that you kind of have to customize the plan to what the individual enjoys doing. (since this is a game after all and were here for fun)

Check out http://lostrenegades.net if your interested in joining my soc, its defiantly easier to teach someone in soc than out just because of the ease of communication. Plus you will get more than one view point that way and and I have a few self-taught number crunching eco players in my soc that you could learn a ton from.

narfi

oh... and yeah coloring is not a good idea for a budget player, I tried it for a little bit and its just to expensive, and too hard to find even free clients at a low level. The way it works is that 90% of the tt value of the paint you use is returned as ped in the loot window with the customized item. So if you buy 100ped of paint at tt value then you will only get 90back after skilling. To reduce bleaching costs I used limited bp books from the technician, I just bought a bunch of them and tted them again after coloring. If you have lots of patience and enjoy doing it, you can offer the coloring service for free to gain skills which is what lots of people do. They supply the paint, and you give them the customized item and ped looted back.

9. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

hmm.. interesting offer, but i'm already in a good soc, though they aren't real budget players. I would like to learn to play non-depo, but it seems very hard these days. even with MU, eco and such i keep losing big.

Thanks anyway :)

10. narfi

narfi Lost

No worries, if I ever see you in game Id be more than willing to chat or whatever. Its great that your in a good soc, that adds a lot to the enjoyment of the game. There are always the forums here for questions about playing eco, as you can see people are more than willing to help out.

It probably wouldn't be practical to spread yourself too thin over too many forums, but if you ever wanted your more than welcome to register on my soc site and ask questions there. Id recommend asking here though since then the information you glean will be available to the next guy as well.

gl and have fun,

narfi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.