~ Chrome's Octopus Garden ~

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Lykke TheNun, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

[​IMG]

Mono Chrome Monochrome, also known as the creator of The VCC Rally Series, showed me tonight that she is creative in more than one way.

Chrome asked me if I could meet up with her on Calypso this Friday evening for a special event. It was a little late for me, but 'darkness is the key', she said.

We met up at Athena Spaceport and I joined team Octopus Garden, very exciting to see what was waiting ahead of me. Chrome gave me the coordinates and I was very curious when I realized it was in the middle of the ocean :)

I followed down under the waving sea, not really sure what to expect. But what met my eyes was more beautiful than anything I've seen in game so far. Shining stones, sparkling colors - everything places in delightful pattern of an underwater ancient city. Neptune would have been the proud king of this castle for sure.

It took Chrome 20+ hours (2-3 days in a row) to create this master piece, she tells me. And I can imagine it must have taken her quite some time and patience and extreme accuracy, to create this Garden.

It got darker and now I understood why time was so important! Suddenly everything was glowing and a wonderful peaceful and yet exciting atmosphere surrounded us all as we were just floating around in the water, paralyzed by all the beauty.

Fiona from Circle of Lootius was also present and later Jane Daggerthuggert from Tax Collectors & Titan Up Uranus joined us all.

By using the finest Textures, Fragments, Mind Essence and all kinds of materials, Chrome made an underwater Heaven that makes you want to stay and wonder ... who needs planets?

THANK YOU Chrome, for sharing this very special moment with me and EntropiaPlanets. It was really gorgeous, and afterwards also melancholic to know you had to remove it all again!

Still under water - but with no further ado, I hereby present to you:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Chrome's Octopus Garden[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Beatles - Octopus's Garden (Lyrics)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]At Love and Play Under the Sea In an Octopus's Garden[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F03E6DD163AF932A2575BC0A96E9582 60&pagewanted=3[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Octopuses like to hide in a den -- any crevice or hole that is protected. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Often they conceal the opening to that den by piling up rocks, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]broken shells, broken glass, bottle caps, lost wedding rings, anything they can find or sucker. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That pile is called an octopus midden -- or garden, if you prefer.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A full week of evenings submerged below the waves arranging interesting
    items produced a beautiful Octopus Garden.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'd ask my friends to come and see [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]An octopus' garden with me [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'd like to be under the sea [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In an octopus' garden in the shade.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Video by Fiona Kitten Shamrock...

Thanks to Lykke for such a wonderful write-up about the Octopus Garden...

This was a very fun project, and I am honored that you and a few others had the opportunity to view it in person before I took it down.
    Your screenshots are outstanding!!! :bowdown:

As you and I discussed ingame, here is a pic of some of my RL sand art...

[​IMG]

3. :openmouth:

Just :openmouth:

4. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Flipping awesome!! :D

5. Way Cool :)

6. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

Spectacular!!! Wow Chrome, you did a wonderful job. I love all the different materials. :)

Lykke, thanks for sharing!

7. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Holy Cow Hon [​IMG] ... now I'm sorry I wasn't able to take you up on your invite to come see it with Lykke. I'll blame Moonie for getting off work earlier. :bigsmile:

I'm glad that Lykke was able to come see it and do an article on it ... thanks Lykke for staying up so late, but I can see that the experience was definitely worth it, and the article came out really nice. :thumbup:

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

/Conspiracy theory 101 on (for those who love conspiracies)

The sand art is obviously created by alien spaceships. Chrome did you see alien spaceships? if you answer no we will know you are an alien. These are the facts!

/Conspiracy mode off

Very nice work and very refreshing and heart lifting to see. So thank you for making my day :)

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

looks great Chrome and I LOVE the RL sand art, now wouldn't that be cool if that showed op on google maps :)

10. andrew jenery

andrew jenery from Entropia Star

If there's ever a virtual 'Tate Gallery', that would be the No.1 exhibit in it. Really good!

11. fiona2011

fiona2011 Fleet Admiral

The garden was amazing and so is your art :openmouth:

12. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Here's a little more pictures from the awesome Garden :)

Notice the dragon head in the back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neptune's Spiral: (notice the pecs on the bottom):

[​IMG]

And here's afterwards - only thing left is the pecs - which Chrome left for Lootius' shrine :D

[​IMG]

13. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Simply awesome photos, and really great artwork by Chrome ... quite impressive, and I'm glad that you were able to capture it Lykke ... thanks! :)

14. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

WOOOOOOWWWWWW.....holy snapping duck poo thats is amazing. Awesome work Chrome.

15. Lol very nice to see those creations! Just like that city in the sky that was posted recently, awesome :D

16. :headbang: You rock Chrome! Awesome pieces of art (both in-game and real-life).

17. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

Woooohooooo Chrome, that looks AMAZING! You are an incredible artist. Would have loved to see it myself, but I was on vacation. Also your sand art is fantastic. You must be very very patient!!!

Thx Lykke for the writeup and pictures! And Mindstar for her Twitter Note about it :thumbup:

18. Sorry I missed this one Chrome, Looks great & I wish I could have made it, but RL gets in the way sometimes.

19. lareka

lareka On the edge of reason

Stunning, awesome, wonderful.
    :thumbup:

Huge bows to Chrome. And thanks for sharing, Lykke! Please twitter next time, so we can all be there :p:jump:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.