Chiping advice

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by ChelaBias, Mar 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Been thinking recently it would be nice if I could make my own knives, I have had some limited success making the Cleric 1 series but I do not use these, the Scratchers are what I use at the moment and these seem way out of reach.

Was thinking of chiping some skills to assist this but am not sure of which ones I should go for to be able to to manufacture shortblades.

Any advice welcome as to what to chip and if it's worth doing this or continuing the long slog to gain them myself.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  2. There is a link to a really good tool somewherre on the forum. I think Erach posted it - but I can't be bothered to search... so go find!

EDIT: I remembered that I linked this post before in my mission to skill up as blp sniper thread.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Thanks phunksta, I shall try to work it out :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. My 'mission' thread should hopefully explain the theory a little bit too - that's kinda what I hoped it would achieve as I worked out the relationship between skilling, skills, professional standings and chipping. Hope this stuff heolp you to work it out.

When I started crafting I did a similar thing with weapons skills, as I worked out that it requires so many different skills to craft successfully, I should start by working on a profession where I already had the 'other' skills, or would soon get them from another activity (in this case hunting).

I never became a brilliant crafter (and I find it a bit boring anyhow) but I can do up to about lvl 3 on most guns now which ain't too bad. I think I only chipped some 'weapons manufacture' skill up to about 400 at the time and this helped me avoid having to build up from nothing.

• Like Like x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.