Can we have Market Stalls please ?

Discussion in 'Trading & services' started by jaywalker, Nov 10, 2011.

1. I already put this idea on Planet Arkadia forum, but I think these are even more needed on NI, due to the problem of selling things on auction.

How about market stalls? These would likely resemble trestle tables, and would be significantly different from the existing booths and shops in that they could be hired by small traders on a daily or weekly basis, but would otherwise function in much the same manner.

To prevent it being spoiled by idiots and absentees there should be limits to how many tables a given trader can book simltaneously, and how far in advance they can be booked. To keep things tidy, they could maybe fold away when not in use?

At the end of the hire period, unsold goods could be returned to the trader's storage.

I'd like to add that it would be great if a Market Town could be created, with stalls in a highly visible position close to the TP, and a group of permanent shops a bit further away...but easy to find and enter please!!!! There should also be an open-air cafe, of course, to add to the ambiance.

jay :)

2. Yab

Yab

Yeah, great idea - I´ve posted same kind of idea at the calypso forum. Would be great to add something like a fleamarket/swapmeet style market.
    So it would be cool to rent some "selling space" for a week or so.
    maybe mindark will catch up this idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.