Planet Calypso News: Calypso Explorer Contest

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Jul 1, 2016.

1. The Zoological Institute of Calypso needs to resurvey the biological life on the Continent of Eudoria. As a result, they are handing out rewards to private survey contractors with the best bio-life maps.

Task:

Make a Creature Location Map of Eudoria on Planet Calypso

You can make your own map or use the Planet Calypso Eudoria Map available at http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2016/07/01/3400/index.xml

There is a limit of one entry per participant. The top 3 entries will be selected based on accurate representation of creature locations, maturity, level of detail, usability, creativity and overall aesthetics.

Entry Period:
    The contest starts Wednesday, June 29 and ends on Thursday, September 29, 23.59 UTC.

How to Enter:
    To take part in the contest send your full avatar name and your Creature Location Map before the submission deadline to: competition@entropiauniverse.com

Prizes:

• 1st: Frontier Vehicle (L), Colonists Standard Issue Jumpsuit (Khaki Color) & Chikara InvestaFoe ES500
    • 2nd: Frontier Vehicle (L) & Chikara InvestaFoe ES500
    • 3rd: Frontier Vehicle (L) & Chikara InvestaFoe ES400

Rules and Notes:

• Make your own map or use the Planet Calypso Eudoria Map available at http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2016/07/01/3400/index.xml
    • Image editing is allowed (e.g. using Photoshop, Gimp etc.)
    • Be sure to include your full Entropia Universe avatar name in the submission email
    • Limit of one entry per avatar account
    • Each attached image should be no larger than 8 megabytes
    • Files should be non-animated, and in common format, e.g. .jpeg, .png or .gif
    • Minimum image resolution - 2048x2048
    • Participants agree that the submitted image and the participant’s full avatar name may be used by MindArk for marketing purposes related to Entropia Universe

Eudoria Map for Download:

EudoriaOverview.png

Source

2. There they go again punishing the non-rich and LYING about their plans! When will MA wake up and realize the game is DYING and is in such a POOR STATE!

Ever since (insert bizarre, random complaint) in (insert random VU) I have lost all faith in MA!!!

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

They DID realize the poor state - at least partwise. You may see it by watching all this browsergame activities. But we've all learned from the past that MA's biggest problem has ever been to develop a consistent plan and follow it consequently. So this announcement isn't really surprizingly but persumambly a dead-end street again. Like the shop contest once.

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

If you make the map based on EP wiki we will add a few PED as a prize :)

Hey, what if we make this a co-op project? Some work was done already: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Planet_Calypso_maps_and_locations

But the thing is... someone with the skills required to create such a map would make multiple times the value of those EU items when utilize those skills in the 'real word'.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

It seems they are expecting an image as your entry, which would be outdated the moment you send it in I guess, so this is again a useless event (if you can call it that).

Also none of the data available out there right now is up-to-date, so this would mean you go out there and find every creature on the planet and log it on your map. Or are they looking for the best 'base' map without the actual creatures on there. All a bit confusing to me.

But, I must say it is a nice change pf the usual events, but done wrong if you ask me.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  6. RAZER

Feel free to use the map I have of Eudoria as a starting point. Can provide it in AutoCAD (easier to add stuff at the right coordinates that way) if needed.

eudoria.jpg

7. Tass

Tass Administrator

Now that the we've switched servers how about we look into mapping? Creating the "Creature Location Map of Eudoria on Planet Calypso" as a community project? Maybe even a dynamic map? :)

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

CRT had a member who started a project a little while back to make a high res map. I think I spoke to their leader a little while back though and he said she hadn't been around in ages (I was interested in helping/knowing how they did it). I have a copy of the first section of the map somewhere (and I think it wasn't full res either!) it looked really ace!

I just tried to upload it for you to see but security error....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  9. RAZER

I got all sorts of high res data from Stave, just before he quit. If only I could remember where I put it.

[edit] Found it

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That sounds right, was it Stave who produced the original then? Didn't know they quit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.