Buying Full ghost/Gremlin

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Milky, Aug 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hello atm I have a mix of paladin gremlin and gnome lol and am fed up looking like a patchwork quilt. I was looking for a nice full set and am torn between these two. Which one should I buy and how much is it going to cost? Currently I have gremlin face, thighs, arms. I would really appreciate your opinions. Also what plates currently have 2A I have anywhere under 1k ped to spend.

2. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Everybody will have a different opinion on armours - all based upon different reasons and ways to hunt/mobs to choose. I don't think there is any clear or correct answer, so please take this as just my personal opinion. I hope that other people will post their opinions also, so you have a selection of ideas to look at.

Generally it is agreed that non (L) armours offer less protection as they decay, so it is best to keep them as close to full repaired health as possible. Basically an armour with a high TT value will continue to offer protection on a long hunt better than armour with a low TT, but then at repair time the high TT armour is going to cost more to bring up to full health again.

I found Gremlin armour to have a high TT, offer good and long lasting protection in certain conditions, but be expensive to repair all the time. The mask was hard to obtain for me, so perhaps you could place the Gremlin parts you own into your storage and keep for a later date ready for use then.

The types of mobs you go after dictates your armour direction. As you mentioned elsewhere about using melee weapons, my suggestion would be:

Goblin armour - this often overlooked armour has impact and acid protection, so is ideal for snablesnots, gradivore, even fungoids, while also being a cheap armour against exarosaurs, daikiba, and a range of impact only mobs.
    You could buy plates that offer acid protection, or you could loot or buy goblin for acid protection. A full suit of goblin from me could be traded for 1000 sweat bottles, maybe less.

AND

Ghost armour - this nice armour used to have a lower reputation due to high decay, but changes to the decay system means Ghost armour now can be an attractive all-round armour, with protection against impact, electric and cold ( allophyls, trilomites, bristlehogs, feffoids and more ). Stab/cut/impact helps against argonauts, armax, atrax, atrox and a bunch of similar agressive mobs.
    Ghost is crafted armour, beware to buy the non (L) version.

Two sets of armour, both fairly cheap and low on repair costs. Also I believe that hunting in lower armours or without armour, which requires more FAP healing, will help you develop a stronger avatar with better healing skills, which really become important later on against larger mobs. 8)

• Like Like x 7
  3. Thanks for the great reply I hunt exars, snabels, dakaibas naked lol but fungoids kick my ass lol even with armour so plates would definitly be a good idea I will certainly buy one using my much earned sweat:) I will get a ghost armour and keep the gremlin and then look at zaps loot table site and see which mobs too hunt for the other parts. Then maybe hit the parts in a lucky global here and there:)

Now is anyone selling a full ghost?

4. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

You're welcome. :)
    I mentioned plates against acid only because technically there is that option. The non (L) 5D plates give 6 acid protection and probably sell for around 150 peds. EACH!!
    You need six plates for your armour, so around 900 peds. OR a set of goblin armour which gives 9 acid protection. (1000 sweat = 7 peds) ;)

Ghost is pretty good already - adding plates to Ghost just helps increase protection if you need it for particular damage types.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I am definitly looking for plates for my ghost what ones do you suggest?

6. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

2C should be a cheap way to add a little acid protect, 5A to improve impact or 6B to boost the electric protect. None of these plates should be particularly expensive.

7. Well I better get selling my sweat to you then:P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.