Bunny's Rant

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Bunny, Oct 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

In another thread I said to be patient with the new VU. Well...ummm....forget all that. You all have been very quiet and not said much but I have to vent a tad. This is the most shoddy, player unfriendly, unfinished piece of cr-- VU I have seen in the 2 1/2 years I have been playing. I rarely file support cases but today had to send off no less then 10 and could send more but I got so frustrated I just said to HE-- with it. I have one foot out the door and another on a banana peel. I have seen, and even worked for greedy corporations before but nothing like MA. They care absolutely nothing for their client base. There is no public relations, no communication and what is said is 95% untruths. I have gone to OJ's now and will not use my clothes again until this nonsense of 2% tax for decay and having to have cloths at full health or look like a bum is rescinded. This is my main gripe but not the only one LOL. I don't think I will go into all the rest for the forum is not big enough to hold it all :( But that said the CTD's are totally unacceptable. Thank you for listening and moderators you can remove this now. I feel much better. :D

• Like Like x 14
  2. Not at all Bunny - EuC always welcomes valid Critique, and to be fair your first instinct was to defend the VU process and recognising it's difficulties.

In pursuit of progress it seems they may have made a few errors in judgement that will again annoy people and erode the player base. This is not good for anyone that remains in the game.

Please - everyone - your honest thoughts are very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 4
  3. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Oh I get it.I do not understand that allusion. Should it be good for anyone that remains in the game?Wow you are very polite.

All of them?

4. I fully agree, my clothes will stay unrepaired

• Like Like x 4
  5. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Why?:
    said fully agree your clothes will stay unrepaired.

6. I ain't repairing my clothes either. 2 pec is not much, but it's the principle that counts.
    Don't think I would've deposited anyway, but after this I am definitely sure MA won't get any money from me. Unless anything changes.

It's interesting, MA must have known people would get upset by these changes, otherwise they are plain stupid. However it's possible they underestimated the discontent. But I still have a feeling they will get away with this, seems to be too few people actually willing to completely boycott their normal activities (eg hunting, mining...) to make a difference.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

I don't play for a very long time but from what I had heard, you used to repair clothes using tailoring residue. Maybe now that they are repaired in the Repair Terminal, it won't be that bad. Of course it is stupid to charge dressing but it is much easier to repair clothes now. I'm not the best to comment but those are just my :twocents:

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Red Sonia

Red Sonia Rouge Lady

The new VU has made the laptop obsolete - so we now only have one machine in the house that can play EU... so one of us looks like boycotting the whole thing for a while :(

• Like Like x 8
  9. I agree, MA will run off more folks with this new concept. I know I'm not going to repair my clothes. Espcially since I can't see what the hell I look like! It's a shame now I have to run out and update my pc for the sake of a game I marginally have time to play. Maybe this is what they want to do run off those who don't deposit as much and since there are those ubers and regular depositors who won't be bothered by something as trivial as a 2 ped charge for repairing clothes. Then MA probably figures who cares about the little guy that barely deposits. Just think about it there are millions of players or so it appears, and if say 50 thousand quit, big deal. This is just a thought and my mini rant and my issues with MA and just when I was getting ready to start playing again. BOO!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Way to go Bunny! :)

I couldn´t agree more haha :D
    I´ve also sent a protest to MA.
    This is the worst VU I´ve ever seen.
    I am actually thinking about leaving this crappy game.
    It will be something I do with big tears in my eyes, coz I´ve
    had so much fun here, but there are limits..

2pec penalty to repair clothes...
    ...this is supposed to reduce lag they say..
    Uhmm.. That is a direct humiliation that they believe
    we´re really that stupid..

As it feels right now, they are pissing in our mouths
    and expect us to just sit and swallow!

I am still giving them a chance to get better, but if this madness
    continues, I will definetly retire from this game.
    I won´t repair my clothes, and I wont spend a penny in this
    game until I see a change for the good.

I am furious, but I still have some hope left.

• Like Like x 12
  11. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

This to Phoenix. Tailoring residue was only good for raising the initial TT value of clothing at the time of manufacturing. What MA wants is this....
    You must pay 2 pcs (tax) each time you put something on, or take something off, clothes, armor, shoes etc right down to your underwear. Also if you, for example, own a Master coat with a low health bar of say 3 pds. it will look terrible. To make it look nice you would have to take it to the TT terminal and repair it to full health for it to look as it should. Say around 150 pds. Now you take this by each item in this game and all the players and it is an astronomical amount of money.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'd rather play naked then. . . . . .

• Like Like x 6
  13. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

WooHoo!!! :D

I think Bunny was referring to the ingame avatar clothes. ;) :hehe:

• Like Like x 8
  14. I´m a little more patient here , dunno why and wondering about myself :confused:

I´m unhappy with this otherwise good VU and know why, this seems more logical for me :)
    Here are my points :
    - You have to repair clothes to full condition to have a good look, the clothes looks like you expect. This is acceptable for me.
    - They changed the appearance of clothes like they think its good. This is not acceptable for me. This is an attac of your investment and in now way acceptable. In my issue they ruined the look of my prancer storm color jeans, they look total crap now (visible in the VU before after threat) and i have filed a support case about that and will see how they handle that and if they bother about my investment.
    - They implemented a decay for putting things on , this can be acceptable for clothes (no i´m not a MA supported player) but never acceptable for armor pieces they have their own decay bound to their funtion.
    - They implemented an additional armor piece, this is not acceptable for old armor, i cannot understand why i should have less protection from a complete armor set wich protected me well since 2 1/2 years.
    - They changed again the user interface , some things are good some crap. What i cannot understand is the change to more difficult handling including the remove of the right mouse button function. This shows how unprofessional (in my opinion) MA makes such decisions
    - The worsest change is the view into the future. I knowed it since long times ( Marco has promised that ) and i bet my **** that we will see decaying clothes depending how long you wear them and maybe what you do with them and you will need food for the simple surviving in the universe.

Thats all from me atm,thanks for reading.

Forgot some words about avatar changes , here it is.

- They gave you the chance to recreate your avi if you asked for it or not. I can live with it . I think the real thought behind the fact that the avi´s looks different between the creation process and the look ingame is to force you to use the before most useless surgical professions. That is not serious commercial habit but its near reallife

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Yea, I'd play naked in game LOL!!! hence I wouldn't pay for the clothes, hee hee

16. i have had to turn my setting right down in order to play, now everything looks crap.....

i still have the use of my right mouse button???????? has everyone turned theirs off?

and what is the extra armour piece??????

finally i will also play naked if this is the new thang ;)

17. I'm pretty sure you can't switch to aim mode with your right mouse button? (Same function as the spacebar) That's what I meant. The right mouse button is still used, but now it opens up the action menu.

They have added foot guards to the armors. For now your old full sets will still provide full protection, but after VU 9.1 you will need foot guards too.

• Like Like x 2
  18. The extra armour piece is footguards.
    They wont give any extra protection until next VU 9.1

Silly piece of armor I have to say..
    It will look more complete and better while having them on,
    But that is the only good part if you ask me..

Now poeple who have had a full set of some armour need
    to get footguards to get the same protection they had before [after VU 9.1]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

WHAT???? Armor too? I didn't know that!!! ARGH! The game just became very difficult!! Maybe if enough support cases are filed, they will change that as they did with the 50% condition limit in TT weapons in a Previous VU. I'll try and remain optimistic... as long as I can... :-({|=

• Like Like x 2
  20. News from Mindark, originally posted here
    Alright, a step forward, at least they show that they can listen to their playerbase.

They added a delay of 0.5 seconds because of the reduced fee. I would totally agree with a 10 seconds delay to get rid of the fee entirely! This shows they did do it for the money...

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.